St Johnstone v Hibs 23/08/20

tucker

Let's forget about the Aberdeen game and get behind Callum and the boys, hopefully maybe a few guys back from injury,if not I'd change the system to 4,5,1 with

Parish

Rooney Kerr mccart booth

Craig

Spoony  McCann

McNamara                    MOH

Hendry

The other system isn't working unfortunately so Callum needs to change something

6 minutes ago, tucker said:

Let's forget about the Aberdeen game and get behind Callum and the boys, hopefully maybe a few guys back from injury,if not I'd change the system to 4,5,1 with

Parish

Rooney Kerr mccart booth

Craig

Spoony  McCann

McNamara                    MOH

Hendry

The other system isn't working unfortunately so Callum needs to change something

I think I'd go for the same XI but in a slightly different formation. I'm not sure there's much point in persisting with Hendry on his own through the middle, although I appreciate our options are limited if May and Kane are still unavailable. 

I'd possibly revert to 4-4-2 with MOH in support of Hendry. Something like:

____________Parish

Rooney____Kerr___McCart____Booth (or Tanser if Booth's not fit)

McNamara____McCann___Craig___Spoony

______________MOH

____________Hendry

(Spoony and MOH could potentially swap roles.)

It’s a difficult one to call, we have such a small squad with not much room for manoeuvre, factor in our injuries and it really is a recipe for chaos.. 

It is early days tho, I think if you looked back to any of my start of season posts I think I say the same thing every season.  New manager, he’ll soon find out what the right & wrong formation ..definitely sink or swim.. Saint Tommy was still struggling with his formations before he left! 
I think we are in for a torrid time against Hibs, they have speed & attack.. anyway early days ... COYS 

19 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think I'd go for the same XI but in a slightly different formation. I'm not sure there's much point in persisting with Hendry on his own through the middle, although I appreciate our options are limited if May and Kane are still unavailable. 

I'd possibly revert to 4-4-2 with MOH in support of Hendry. Something like:

____________Parish

Rooney____Kerr___McCart____Booth (or Tanser if Booth's not fit)

McNamara____McCann___Craig___Spoony

______________MOH

____________Hendry

(Spoony and MOH could potentially swap roles.)

I would go with that but Callum won't.

4:4:1:1 or 4:4:2

Parish

Back 4                                                McNamara   Kerr     McCart    Rooney

Midfield 4                                         O'Halloran   Craig   McCann   Wotherspoon

front 2  0r 1:1                                                     Hendry     (Robertson or Oleofe)

If nothing else, we are playing players in their natural positions

3 hours ago, Wendy Saints said:

It’s a difficult one to call, we have such a small squad with not much room for manoeuvre, factor in our injuries and it really is a recipe for chaos.. 

It is early days tho, I think if you looked back to any of my start of season posts I think I say the same thing every season.  New manager, he’ll soon find out what the right & wrong formation ..definitely sink or swim.. Saint Tommy was still struggling with his formations before he left! 
I think we are in for a torrid time against Hibs, they have speed & attack.. anyway early days ... COYS 

Kind o games we win against the odds

Speaking of sir Tommy,I believe he's on sky sports team for the Hibs game, hope when fans return something is done in tribute to him.has anyone heard anything I know the naming a stands a great idea,I'd also like one named after the browns, Geoff and Steve have kept the club going through hard times and good times all deserve credit

6 minutes ago, tucker said:

Speaking of sir Tommy,I believe he's on sky sports team for the Hibs game, hope when fans return something is done in tribute to him.has anyone heard anything I know the naming a stands a great idea,I'd also like one named after the browns, Geoff and Steve have kept the club going through hard times and good times all deserve credit

Only got two stands to name as we have:

Ormond Stand

Main Stand (named after Alan).

:lol:.

Well, sure we have a decent record at home v Hibs, memory tells me they may have won here recently but otherwise not a ground they pick up points.

Hibs bottle always crashes, any season they start well.. usually its a few more games into the season, lets hope they are disjointed, no flow, and we take one of our chances.   First goal wins this one!

Edited by Dave H

18 hours ago, tucker said:

**** right off with this, Tommy will be at another Scottish club by the start of next season. Thanks for the service you were handsomely paid for turncoat Tommy but off you pop and expect the abuse every away manager gets on your return.

23 hours ago, Johnny B said:

4:4:1:1 or 4:4:2

Parish

Back 4                                                McNamara   Kerr     McCart    Rooney

Midfield 4                                         O'Halloran   Craig   McCann   Wotherspoon

front 2  0r 1:1                                                     Hendry     (Robertson or Oleofe)

If nothing else, we are playing players in their natural positions

Two right backs in defence? Natural positions indeed. Counting on Drey Wright to keep up with the no end product I assume?

16 hours ago, Dave H said:

Well, sure we have a decent record at home v Hibs, memory tells me they may have won here recently but otherwise not a ground they pick up points.

Hibs bottle always crashes, any season they start well.. usually its a few more games into the season, lets hope they are disjointed, no flow, and we take one of our chances.   First goal wins this one!

If memory serves me correctly I'm sure they last beat us at McDiarmid in a midweek game a couple of seasons ago, the game where Thier keeper got sent off after charging well out the box and handled the ball or floored one of our players. Could be wrong. Anyway probably jinxed this game now, so 3 nil them unless our strikers can shoot from inside the box.

1 hour ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

**** right off with this, Tommy will be at another Scottish club by the start of next season. Thanks for the service you were handsomely paid for turncoat Tommy but off you pop and expect the abuse every away manager gets on your return.

Two right backs in defence? Natural positions indeed. Counting on Drey Wright to keep up with the no end product I assume?

Thanks for pointing out my error I should have had Tanser/Booth in not Rooney

22 hours ago, tucker said:

Didn’t take long for one or two to turn on him. He had faults, like we all do, but we’ll never forget him. Not sure about naming things while the person is alive.

5 hours ago, Salguodinmethven. said:

If memory serves me correctly I'm sure they last beat us at McDiarmid in a midweek game a couple of seasons ago, the game where Thier keeper got sent off after charging well out the box and handled the ball or floored one of our players. Could be wrong. Anyway probably jinxed this game now, so 3 nil them unless our strikers can shoot from inside the box.

They absolutely destroyed us at Mcdiarmid last season.