Saints v st mirren 29/08/20

tucker

I thought that was the best performance of the season so far. The shape actually seemed to work, and it looked like we had an extra man everywhere. I'm concerned that McCann's position doesn't let him play to his full ability, and Conway is still a weak link, whilst looking better. Hendry always looks tired after about 50 minutes. Our passing and movement was much better. We played at a high tempo right from the start, and didn't let up until the final whistle. They had a few moments towards the end, but that was it really, they never looked like scoring. Good performance and deserved a few more goals.

16 minutes ago, Linky said:

I thought that was the best performance of the season so far. The shape actually seemed to work, and it looked like we had an extra man everywhere. I'm concerned that McCann's position doesn't let him play to his full ability, and Conway is still a weak link, whilst looking better. Hendry always looks tired after about 50 minutes. Our passing and movement was much better. We played at a high tempo right from the start, and didn't let up until the final whistle. They had a few moments towards the end, but that was it really, they never looked like scoring. Good performance and deserved a few more goals.

I thought Ali’s position let spoony and Conway control the game. 

We've been badly needing someone finding that position that May scored from today. We can get balls there but usually there is no one to finish it. I dont mind players taking shots from further out but fed up seeing them high and wide. You've got a better chance of troubling the keeper if you keep it low, thats what were told as kids. McNamara has looked one of if not our best player this season. 

1 hour ago, Rob said:

We've been badly needing someone finding that position that May scored from today. We can get balls there but usually there is no one to finish it. I dont mind players taking shots from further out but fed up seeing them high and wide. You've got a better chance of troubling the keeper if you keep it low, thats what were told as kids. McNamara has looked one of if not our best player this season. 

Yep, finally a natural striker in place for the tap in from one of the countless crosses that come in to the box. That's where May needs to be, a proper centre forward.

12 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

given up on those stats, anything under 60% saints in that game is a joke. We played some football, midden did fuk all and had far less possession

There is one set of stats that showed St Mirren with more passes than us. Not sure how they passed the ball without the ball.