Sign in to follow this  
tucker

Saints v st mirren 29/08/20

Recommended Posts

I thought that was the best performance of the season so far. The shape actually seemed to work, and it looked like we had an extra man everywhere. I'm concerned that McCann's position doesn't let him play to his full ability, and Conway is still a weak link, whilst looking better. Hendry always looks tired after about 50 minutes. Our passing and movement was much better. We played at a high tempo right from the start, and didn't let up until the final whistle. They had a few moments towards the end, but that was it really, they never looked like scoring. Good performance and deserved a few more goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Linky said:

I thought that was the best performance of the season so far. The shape actually seemed to work, and it looked like we had an extra man everywhere. I'm concerned that McCann's position doesn't let him play to his full ability, and Conway is still a weak link, whilst looking better. Hendry always looks tired after about 50 minutes. Our passing and movement was much better. We played at a high tempo right from the start, and didn't let up until the final whistle. They had a few moments towards the end, but that was it really, they never looked like scoring. Good performance and deserved a few more goals.

I thought Ali’s position let spoony and Conway control the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been badly needing someone finding that position that May scored from today. We can get balls there but usually there is no one to finish it. I dont mind players taking shots from further out but fed up seeing them high and wide. You've got a better chance of troubling the keeper if you keep it low, thats what were told as kids. McNamara has looked one of if not our best player this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob said:

We've been badly needing someone finding that position that May scored from today. We can get balls there but usually there is no one to finish it. I dont mind players taking shots from further out but fed up seeing them high and wide. You've got a better chance of troubling the keeper if you keep it low, thats what were told as kids. McNamara has looked one of if not our best player this season. 

Yep, finally a natural striker in place for the tap in from one of the countless crosses that come in to the box. That's where May needs to be, a proper centre forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mainstand said:

how is this possible for ST mirren to have 52% of play:shock:

image.thumb.png.748bb9d71dbd5afbf1a1b129a015298e.png

Seems very strange, we seemed to have by far most of the possession.

Edited by akuram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akuram said:

Seems very strange, we seemed to have by far most of the possession.

WhoScored also saying they had more.

10 minute spell either side of the 60 minute mark where they had 70% possession according to them. They completed more passes too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

given up on those stats, anything under 60% saints in that game is a joke. We played some football, midden did fuk all and had far less possession

There is one set of stats that showed St Mirren with more passes than us. Not sure how they passed the ball without the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this