Havana Saint

Saints v Celtic, 4/10/2020

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

O,Halloran can get to ****. Should have been the freshest player on the park but allowed the centre half to sprint up the wing .McCann drawn out of the middle to try & stop him whilst he stood about on 18 yard line & not even try to close down.

Another over reaction from you cagey. Count to ten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found my day was much less spoiled by accepting from half time we would lose to a late goal from their first chance.

The lads put a shift in- just the usual outcome. UNfortunately like many, for whatever reason, I’m finding Saints and their results aren’t putting me up or down as much. Lockdown apathy maybe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Another over reaction from you cagey. Count to ten.

Agree with Cagey on this one, Spooner was involved the whole time he was on, MOH comes on for in the same position and not sure he actually touched the ball.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Center Half said:

Agree with Cagey on this one, Spooner was involved the whole time he was on, MOH comes on for in the same position and not sure he actually touched the ball.  

I agree. MOH hardly touched the ball and certainly was no help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Another over reaction from you cagey. Count to ten.

No,watch the highlights he is a disgrace for a professional footballer. His mates have run themselves into the ground but he strolled about the 18 yard line on a Sunday strole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cagey said:

When I saw Griffith's was on the bench my heart sank. Just knew he would come on & score.

Doesn't seem to be in Lennons plans so maybe we could loan him.

"Leigh Griffiths warming up
Would be ****in typical Celtic for him to come on and score the winner "

My quote on text to mate!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Center Half said:

Agree with Cagey on this one, Spooner was involved the whole time he was on, MOH comes on for in the same position and not sure he actually touched the ball.  

Spoony also looked knackered when he was taken off and was on a booking a bad combination, which can easily lead to a  red card. Also MOH came on during the period that celtic brought on their 5 subs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cagey said:

When I saw Griffith's was on the bench my heart sank. Just knew he would come on & score.

Doesn't seem to be in Lennons plans so maybe we could loan him.

He has been injured and unfit for most of the season. I cant see him going anywhere with Ajeti being injured and Edouard being a bit off the pace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Center Half said:

Agree with Cagey on this one, Spooner was involved the whole time he was on, MOH comes on for in the same position and not sure he actually touched the ball.  

To blame 1 player and a substitution for us losing dose not make sense. I am not defending  or blaming anyone. Watch the highlights from 4 mins onwards; the writing was on the wall Griffiths was getting too much room and had two chances before the goal. As for MOH wandering around at the edge of the box (left side) Conway was doing the same (right side). Is this a tactic to pick up the clearance. That was the best performance this season. But yet again a preventable goal by man marking Griffiths.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SlickDT said:

Found my day was much less spoiled by accepting from half time we would lose to a late goal from their first chance.

The lads put a shift in- just the usual outcome. UNfortunately like many, for whatever reason, I’m finding Saints and their results aren’t putting me up or down as much. Lockdown apathy maybe!

I'm with you on this. I't's tough going just now on and off the park and not being able to shedule a visit in to see the Saints leads to less highs and lows. Lets hope all this ends soon and we can get back to feeling sick as dogs after a defeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, blueheaven said:

That was hard to take. I thought that was one of our best performances, but yet again late goals have killed us. Incidentally, Stevie May's fitness levels are absolutely sensational.

Yeah he played well but stats say he didnt have a single touch in the box or something. He does a lot of hard work. Gets back and tackles players unlike some other forward players. He lost the ball for 2nd goal but game was over by then so couldnt really care about that. Its like a big part of his game when he was with us before has been coached out of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Rob said:

Yeah he played well but stats say he didnt have a single touch in the box or something. He does a lot of hard work. Gets back and tackles players unlike some other forward players. He lost the ball for 2nd goal but game was over by then so couldnt really care about that. Its like a big part of his game when he was with us before has been coached out of him.

Yeah,he didn't have the legs to control the ball. Probably should have been dubbed in last 10 mins.

Callum only used 1 sub + Hendry in injury time. Probably should put fresh legs on & also run down the clock. Nothing wrong with going for a win but to put so many in the box in the last minute was a bit nieve especially against Celtic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Rob said:

Yeah he played well but stats say he didnt have a single touch in the box or something. He does a lot of hard work. Gets back and tackles players unlike some other forward players. He lost the ball for 2nd goal but game was over by then so couldnt really care about that. Its like a big part of his game when he was with us before has been coached out of him.

Also comments made that he does too much work outside the box. It was stated that he should be in the box more often as our main striker and let others do the chasing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Yeah,he didn't have the legs to control the ball. Probably should have been dubbed in last 10 mins.

Callum only used 1 sub + Hendry in injury time. Probably should put fresh legs on & also run down the clock. Nothing wrong with going for a win but to put so many in the box in the last minute was a bit nieve especially against Celtic.

Manager seemed to think it was only Spoony that was tired and the others had enough left. Going into last 10 mins we should have set up more defensively especially seeing who they brought on. We could have done with Liam Craig on at that stage to see the game out. MOH is best when he us running at the oposition, not marking and defending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2020 at 6:06 PM, Cagey said:

No,watch the highlights he is a disgrace for a professional footballer. His mates have run themselves into the ground but he strolled about the 18 yard line on a Sunday strole.

I watched the highlights and can't see what you are complaining about. MOH was near the halfway line when the ball broke out from our free kick. He slips gets back up and tracks back the ball goes wide and he makes his way across towards the left hand side. He is on the edge of the box covering for a cut back. 

If anything I would have said he maybe should have tracked Griffith's but it was one of these where Celtic turned defence into attack very quickly and we were just all out of position. 

In hindsight I think that ball should have been taken into the corner and tried to play out for a point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I watched the highlights and can't see what you are complaining about. MOH was near the halfway line when the ball broke out from our free kick. He slips gets back up and tracks back the ball goes wide and he makes his way across towards the left hand side. He is on the edge of the box covering for a cut back. 

If anything I would have said he maybe should have tracked Griffith's but it was one of these where Celtic turned defence into attack very quickly and we were just all out of position. 

In hindsight I think that ball should have been taken into the corner and tried to play out for a point. 

Yeah,can't blame them from trying to go for 3 points but I think if in 10 games & putting the ball into the box 100 times without success you would opt to keep possession & hold for a draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I watched the highlights and can't see what you are complaining about. MOH was near the halfway line when the ball broke out from our free kick. He slips gets back up and tracks back the ball goes wide and he makes his way across towards the left hand side. He is on the edge of the box covering for a cut back. 

If anything I would have said he maybe should have tracked Griffith's but it was one of these where Celtic turned defence into attack very quickly and we were just all out of position. 

In hindsight I think that ball should have been taken into the corner and tried to play out for a point. 

Dont think we could have kept the ball in the corner for 3 1/2 minutes but yeah we shouldnt have loaded so many bodies into their box. Celtic always play right to the final whistle and with the quality they have it was to be expected that they would push for a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

French eddy just tested positive for COVID am assuming he’s picked it up travelling to France but if he had it on Sunday and some of our players now test positive and have to isolate do we have to forfeit our two cup games 3-0 and possibly have to call off our game via Hamilton?? We have such a small squad and with Ali and Danny missing the cup games as it is we would be seriously stretched 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

French eddy just tested positive for COVID am assuming he’s picked it up travelling to France but if he had it on Sunday and some of our players now test positive and have to isolate do we have to forfeit our two cup games 3-0 and possibly have to call off our game via Hamilton?? We have such a small squad and with Ali and Danny missing the cup games as it is we would be seriously stretched 

Well at least Zander will be okay since Edouard never got near the goal.

This would be funny had we not lost 2 in the last mins. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...