Taxi For Davidson

George Grieve

8 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Unfortunately the club need to back him ~ 13 players off the wages and 5 in. Regardless of what we think about selection and formations his hands are very much tied. We need 2 or 3 more in...Time to be much bolder and use that rainy day fund. 

The "rainy day fund" might yet be needed just to keep the club alive if we have to go a year or more with barely any income. I don't think we can justify making any new signings under the circumstances, and I'm not even convinced that we need any. As far as I'm concerned the players we have are good enough - it's the instructions they're being given that are the problem.

This time last year when we were bottom of the league I wasn't hugely concerned because I always had faith in Tommy Wright to turn it around. He had a proven track record of dragging us out of bad spells and bringing us out the other side of them looking better and stronger. He did it time and time again. It's a lot harder to show that same faith in Davidson when he doesn't have that track record.

I think it's a bit of passion that is lacking. The bench just look completely blank. Tommy would be storming up and down. The lack of fans really hinder us too, we always upped our game when there was a big crowd. You have to give a new manager until Christmas at the very very least.

Davidson’s taken over a team that were pretty stable,  and prior to lock-down we’re starting to show signs of how capable they could be.  We were showing real signs of improvement at the back.  Hendry was in good form and we were thinking how good could he actually be.  May was finally starting to show some of his form of old and started to link well with Hendry.  It also seemed like Ali Mc could only get better and better.....fast forward and I don’t feel positive about any of the above.  It’s up to Davidson as a manager to get the best out of his players and somehow he’s failing miserably!

Edited by slambrother

1 minute ago, akuram said:

Sorry but I think we made a mistake and he and Steven McLean should go now.

Both don’t look interested.

Thought that about Macca since start of the season. I thought he would be bad cop to Davidson's good cop. He was supposed to have got the team motivated in the cup.

Certainly hasn't had a good effect on our strikers who have regressed from last season.

28 minutes ago, slambrother said:

Davidson’s taken over a team that were pretty stable,  and prior to lock-down we’re starting to show signs of how capable they could be.  We were showing real signs of improvement at the back.  Hendry was in good form and we were thinking how good could he actually be.  May was finally starting to show some of his form of old and started to link well with Hendry.  It also seemed like Ali Mc could only get better and better.....fast forward and I don’t feel positive about any of the above.  It’s up to Davidson as a manager to get the best out of his players and somehow he’s failing miserably!

15 players have left this Summer, and he's been given almost nothing to replace them with.

Last season TW had Butcher, Holt, McCann and Craig when Davidson was out. CD has had McCann and Craig.

Smallest squad in the division by a distance and not allowed any more signings. TW got out at the right time.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

15 players have left this Summer, and he's been given almost nothing to replace them with.

Last season TW had Butcher, Holt, McCann and Craig when Davidson was out. CD has had McCann and Craig.

Smallest squad in the division by a distance and not allowed any more signings. TW got out at the right time.

The squad is small but most on here weren’t overly impressed by holt and butcher was at best ok.  The fact is we are still selecting players that should  be capable of getting results over the teams we’ve played over the last few weeks, yet we haven’t.  

Booth & Kane out injured again today. Is that the reason they only got a 6 month contract.

I think we will be lucky to get to January without having to use Robertson & Tanto.

I have to assume Callum was told by Kirsten that he will have to run with a threadbare squid when he took the job.

Edited by Cagey

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Kim Broon

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Yet he decided to use the limited budget we did have on two players coming to the end of their careers.