Taxi For Davidson

George Grieve

10 minutes ago, Shipa said:

What Callum has achieved, in his first year as a manager, with such a small squad and budget, is really outstanding. Never mind Jason Kerr, should we be worried about other clubs courting Callum?

No doubt about it. I never got the feeling a team would come in for Tommy but I don't think Callum will be here long.

Well, I will put my hand up. I said in the early days that legends should never return but he has done way better than I expected after the start we had. 

He did have the advantage of returning at a decent age.

I don’t think I mentioned deadlines but had my doubts but those doubts have been put to bed.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

This has to be read again and again , not sure how long we will be able to hang on to our ledgend of a manager. 

If I had to give the Browns credit for 1 thing it has to be manager selection.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

This has to be read again and again , not sure how long we will be able to hang on to our ledgend of a manager. 

Agreed 

2 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

It was a no-brainer & would have been a surprise if he didn't get the job.

On 9/27/2020 at 8:43 AM, Radford 72 said:

You always get the attention seekers that have to be OUTRAGED about absolutely everything but for the sane section of our support that are even countenancing this, give yourselves a shake. 

The man is 9 games into a managerial career. Unprecedented times with the pandemic, added to working under a structure where money is more of a concern than success. His team have been on the wrong end of some tight swings.

Get behind the man and offer him the support that makes his job that bit easier and doesn't pile unnecessary pressure on him and his players. 

Thankfully, for his faults, Steve Brown won't wet the bed and will give Callum Davidson the time he needs but more importantly, certainly deserves.

Does not miss. Sensational thread. 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Gerard being linked with Newcastle after the Saudi takeover. Might Sevco be interested in Callum ? Would he go ?

Nope - not a big enough name for them. I think they'll go down the route of an 'big name' without a huge amount of managerial experience: Frank Lampard for example.

International Break?

Ok I'll bite. Don't think Gerrard would be in the frame, although he would probably jump at it if offered.

Should the Ibrox post become vacant I would hope that any entity linked to the job would want to have a look at their forthcoming financials, and a probable 'going concern' flag.

We'll see!

Edited by Indicator

11 minutes ago, Linky said:

Nope - not a big enough name for them. I think they'll go down the route of an 'big name' without a huge amount of managerial experience: Frank Lampard for example.

In what way is Lampard a bigger name than Gerrard? At least Stevie G. has won something in his managerial career, albeit in a 'diddy' league.

3 minutes ago, Dooj said:

In what way is Lampard a bigger name than Gerrard? At least Stevie G. has won something in his managerial career, albeit in a 'diddy' league.

Think he was saying Lampard's a bigger name than Callum Davidson, not that he's a bigger name than Gerrard.

Have to agree that I don't think Davidson would be on Sevco's radar. 

23 minutes ago, Dooj said:

Lampard has managed one of the biggest clubs on the planet.

Gerrard has managed Rangers for 3 years and won 1 trophy.

Lampards CV is far stronger.