Taxi For Davidson

George Grieve

3 hours ago, Linky said:

Very worried by Davidson's comments after last night's game which appear to be blaming Eetu. When things are going against you, it's a worrying sign when managers start blaming individuals. Perhaps if Eetu had been played more regularly earlier on in the season and not been thrown in the deep end against Rangers, he'd be more up to speed with scottish football, and not lose the ball.

Poor man management by him, anything said should be behind closed doors.

7 hours ago, mainstand said:

When in doubt post about the whipping boy. Go and change the record Cagey. 

It's good that someone apart from Callum rates Crawford.

In an attacking team nhe may be an asset but he is not got the heart or the legs for the way Davidson plays.

Crawford gives us occasional flashes of quality and in a side built for him he could probably be really useful. But he's nowhere near good enough to justify us changing our entire shape simply to suit him.

In our set up he leaves us wide open because he can't press or mark, so we're effectively a man down off the ball which causes others to be dragged out of position. 

Most of the frustration comes from the constant dropping and chopping of other players while he constantly starts despite causing us such basic issues, I think.

I think the worrying signs were there early on (even last season) when Davidson talked about how he picked players he could 'trust'. This is quite emotive language that speaks to me of underlying personality issues. The Melamed issue was papered over by us having such an excellent season, but that was a warning too.

How long do you think the Chairman will wait before sacking? I have a feeling he thinks Davidson will come good in the end (& I imagine he's just pleased to not have to put up with Tommy any more), so I can imagine allowing him time even if we are relegated. Didn't Davidson just sign a long contract? I think he was hoping Davidson would be a money spinner for the club, by being picked up by an English Championship team. A sacking would be very expensive. No matter how bad it got, I think he'd be allowed to see out his contract.

2 hours ago, Linky said:

I think the worrying signs were there early on (even last season) when Davidson talked about how he picked players he could 'trust'. This is quite emotive language that speaks to me of underlying personality issues. The Melamed issue was papered over by us having such an excellent season, but that was a warning too.

How long do you think the Chairman will wait before sacking? I have a feeling he thinks Davidson will come good in the end (& I imagine he's just pleased to not have to put up with Tommy any more), so I can imagine allowing him time even if we are relegated. Didn't Davidson just sign a long contract? I think he was hoping Davidson would be a money spinner for the club, by being picked up by an English Championship team. A sacking would be very expensive. No matter how bad it got, I think he'd be allowed to see out his contract.

Yep, we can’t afford to sack him and we can’t afford to keep him either!

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

Yep, we can’t afford to sack him and we can’t afford to keep him either!

Probably a no-cost release clause if relegated. Which makes it win-win for Broonie - we either stay up, or he gets rid for free.

I do think he has earned a chance to turn it round. I mean, 2 cups?

Pretty surprised how quickly some have turned on a rookie manager that's a club legend, after the greatest season in our history.

I really hope he turns this round and in a few months this thread looks a little daft.

I've got my concerns, but I think he will learn from his mistakes.

3 hours ago, SlickDT said:

Pretty surprised how quickly some have turned on a rookie manager that's a club legend, after the greatest season in our history.

I really hope he turns this round and in a few months this thread looks a little daft.

My worry is, it's quite obvious that he isn't learning. It's almost the same every single game, no attempt to mix things up, change to a back 4, play 2 proper strikers together. Just repeating the same thing he's done since day 1.

Yes, it won us 2 cups, and that's amazing. But he's been sussed out, has lower quality players than last year, and yet he still sticks with his plan.

IT ISN'T WORKING CALLUM!!!

Edited by Shibbydoo

13 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

My worry is, it's quite obvious that he isn't learning. It's almost the same every single game, no attempt to mix things up, change to a back 4, play 2 proper strikers together. Just repeating the same thing he's done since day 1.

Yes, it won us 2 cups, and that's amazing. But he's been sussed out, has lower quality players than last year, and yet he still sticks with his plan.

IT ISN'T WORKING CALLUM!!!

There is an ex assistant manager available to help him sort it out.

Oh he even managed to get Goals out of Calum Hendry

May be time to pick up the phone to Derek McInnes. Callum is appearing to have run out of ideas, chopping and changing line ups and chucking players under the bus. We really needed to get to January, keeping some confidence and competitiveness in the squad so provide to a base to get new bodies in.

We now have rock bottom confidence (and league placing) which places real pressure on any new recruits brought in.

4 hours ago, SlickDT said:

Some of the personal abuse he's getting is an utter disgrace.

4 hours ago, SlickDT said:

Hopefully he can but I'm not seeing any signs of it. 

2 hours ago, MySpazz said:

He comes across as a pretty egotistical guy, all about him in a sense.... very much like the younger Brown!

Not the warmest of charactors. 

I personally think that's unfair. Only last season our players were talking about how they loved the atmosphere he had created and how the training was high tempo and encouraging. I don't think a manager that is cold and had a huge ego would of been able to get the players working so hard for him last season.

For me it all comes down to the fact we have had a terrible couple of summers in the transfer market. He is not devoid of blame for that, but I'd also argue there has been some pretty crappy circumstances to deal with.

3 hours ago, SlickDT said:

I personally think that's unfair. Only last season our players were talking about how they loved the atmosphere he had created and how the training was high tempo and encouraging. I don't think a manager that is cold and had a huge ego would of been able to get the players working so hard for him last season.

For me it all comes down to the fact we have had a terrible couple of summers in the transfer market. He is not devoid of blame for that, but I'd also argue there has been some pretty crappy circumstances to deal with.

I could be wrong. But whatever he does, it's not working right now. We have got a poor team - agreed.

Where's Ambrose?