Taxi For Davidson

George Grieve

7 minutes ago, Broggy Man said:

Well he hauled two off at half time so I’m sure something was said

That's bold for Callum. Wouldn't have had to make them if he hadn't played Crawford & May.

If you got points for running about & not achieving anything May would win hands down.

I'm blaming folk, cos some of them are not good enough, and neither is the manager IMO

Top of the list is Stevie May who may has been a complete waste of space since re-signing. He'll be getting a good salary, that of two players is my guess, and we have gone and brought up English academy players who are just not ready for a Premier League.

Then where's Ambrose? People slated me for saying he'd be a 6 game wonder then off. 

If you were a player, who would you prefer to play for McInnes, Wright or Davidson? 

Edited by MySpazz

Do not have a problem with CD having a go at the players and telling them to shape up or ship out however stating that if things do not improve then he will not be there.

With length of contract he has cannot see Saints punting him sounds more like "I am not having a relegation on my CV" statement so I will walk.  Do not like that type of commitment.

4 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:however stating that if things do not improve then he will not be there.

Did he actually say that?

This is all I have seen or is there more?

“I said to the players in there that some of you need to go and have a look at yourselves.

"We have to find a way of bringing in some players with quality to, with players who we have here, start getting us out of this mess.

"We gave away a goal easily in the first 10 minutes after giving them possession and that was us chasing the game. All three goals we made it far too easy for them."

29 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

I'm blaming folk, cos some of them are not good enough, and neither is the manager IMO

Top of the list is Stevie May who may has been a complete waste of space since re-signing. He'll be getting a good salary, that of two players is my guess, and we have gone and brought up English academy players who are just not ready for a Premier League.

Then where's Ambrose? People slated me for saying he'd be a 6 game wonder then off. 

If you were a player, who would you prefer to play for McInnes, Wright or Davidson? 

I’m sorry but Stevie May puts the opposition’s defence under pressure. I wouldn’t get rid. Last season he scored more goals than the whole team have scored this season just hasn’t had as many games this season.

12 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Did he actually say that?

This is all I have seen or is there more?

“I said to the players in there that some of you need to go and have a look at yourselves.

"We haveCD: "It's going to be a busy. I said to the players that some of you need have a look at yourselves. We have to bring in some players with quality to, with players who we have, start getting us out of this mess. I hope (that happens) or I won't be standing here talking to you." to find a way of bringing in some players with quality to, with players who we have here, start getting us out of this mess.

"We gave away a goal easily in the first 10 minutes after giving them possession and that was us chasing the game. All three goals we made it far too easy for them."

Here it is:

CD: "It's going to be a busy. I said to the players that some of you need have a look at yourselves. We have to bring in some players with quality to, with players who we have, start getting us out of this mess. I hope (that happens) or I won't be standing here talking to you."

26 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

I’m sorry but Stevie May puts the opposition’s defence under pressure. I wouldn’t get rid. Last season he scored more goals than the whole team have scored this season just hasn’t had as many games this season.

I'd rather he put them under pressure by scoring goals.

33 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Here it is:

CD: "It's going to be a busy. I said to the players that some of you need have a look at yourselves. We have to bring in some players with quality to, with players who we have, start getting us out of this mess. I hope (that happens) or I won't be standing here talking to you."

Maybe the emphasis was in the word ‘You’, because they won’t be there to be spoken to!

I normally don't post regarding our team, really because I'm absolutely sh*te when it comes down to analysing etc..  I have no answers nor suggestions on how to fix this pish, but I can say giving CD a substantial sum to spend in the transfer window gives me the fear. As stated I've no answers or suggestions, but can see some decent away days next season  :D

1 hour ago, saintgscot said:

Sadly I have to disagree, he certainly didn't bother their defence today. In fact I got the impression that he didn't want the ball and, certainly didn't want it anywhere near the goal. On a number of occasions he received the ball in decent positions with an opportunity to move forward into space but instead he quickly passed off to other players some who were closely marked and not in a position to receive it. Each time the ball ended up with the opposition.

The biggest thorn in their side was Solomon Otabor, and that was a peach of a cross for Kane's goal.

8 minutes ago, Indicator said:

Sadly I have to disagree, he certainly didn't bother their defence today. In fact I got the impression that he didn't want the ball and, certainly didn't want it anywhere near the goal. On a number of occasions he received the ball in decent positions with an opportunity to move forward into space but instead he quickly passed off to other players some who were closely marked and not in a position to receive it. Each time the ball ended up with the opposition.

The biggest thorn in their side was Solomon Otabor, and that was a peach of a cross for Kane's goal.

May has made a fortune out of one outstanding season. He has done nothing since then and why we spent a whole summer transfer window a few years back trying to persuade him to sign on inflated wage. Then we give him another contract.

Tjat season & goals will never be forgotten & thanks for that Stevie but time to move on.

7 minutes ago, Cagey said:

May has made a fortune out of one outstanding season. He has done nothing since then and why we spent a whole summer transfer window a few years back trying to persuade him to sign on inflated wage. Then we give him another contract.

Tjat season & goals will never be forgotten & thanks for that Stevie but time to move on.

He's been ruined by injuries to be fair.

3 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Do not have a problem with CD having a go at the players and telling them to shape up or ship out however stating that if things do not improve then he will not be there.

With length of contract he has cannot see Saints punting him sounds more like "I am not having a relegation on my CV" statement so I will walk.  Do not like that type of commitment.

I took that more to mean that he'd be out of a job if things didn't improve.

No problem at all in him calling out players for recent performances. They got the plaudits last year, this year they haven't been up to speed. Some of the defending for the first two goals today were a joke.

We can have a go at Davidson for the formation etc, but it was successful last season and the players are not carrying out the same 'jobs' as they did then. The players have to take a large amount of responsibility for where we are. Its been noticeable how little communication is out there at the moment. Concede and there is very little 'chat' between the players...seems very little organisation on the park either.

That said, Callum really needs to be ready to make a change. Pretty obvious the players can't carry out  the roles being asked of them....so either you change the players or the way of playing.

I think CD will be given some decent money to make some January moves happen. 

In fact, he has to be given that, because our team is like a knackered old horse.

If the January window is a balls up & we get relegated, I really think his position is untenable.

What I find interesting is whether there was funds for him in the summer. 

I also strongly believe that if relegation does occur, SB should get out. He's stated he doesn't want the job anyway.