Taxi For Davidson

George Grieve

36 minutes ago, Gas Monkey said:

Interesting to see in build up to last nights game that the emphasis was on ‘fresh start’, ‘regrouping’, ‘back to basics’ etc. Bottom line is that a poor team can realistically only become less poor and less poor won’t keep us up. As has been said elsewhere, heartbroken that the team I have loved and followed all my life has been let down and short changed by a board with no imagination or ambition. What an opportunity we had last summer, a once in a lifetime chance to push this club to even higher levels but instead we miss the open goals of all open goals. Any investment in the squad now realistically is with a view to securing the play off spot. What a calamity! 

2014 all over again. Missed chances. Maybe partly down to having a Sparky born into money running the club? 

Might be time for some fresh ideas at all levels. The Browns undoubtedly have the best interests of the club at heart but they are of their time and things move on. 

1 hour ago, Gas Monkey said:As has been said elsewhere, heartbroken that the team I have loved and followed all my life has been let down and short changed by a board with no imagination or ambition.

It’s all amateurish. They appear to have adopted a lower division mentality. Shambolic at best.

If we do go down I am going to find it very hard to give up my money to the current regime.

Relegation is always a threat that is accepted however given the last decade or so that threat should be less every year.

From being very close to euro league football to where we are now is frightening

We have sleepwalked into this and that comes right from the top down. You simply cannot run a full time club on a part time basis or by proxy.

Relegated or not I don't know how the board can recover from this shambles. I do not doubt there is good intentions but you know what they say about that.

Right now I have lost a great deal of trust in how the club is being run 

I like Callum Davidson. He is a decent guy, was brilliant for us as a player and has given us some magical moments as a manager, but I am struggling to make a defence for him now. The recent form is not acceptable. The lack of willingness to change the shape is indefensible. Giving players like Crawford a 2 and half year deal is just bizarre. I hope we can turn it around and are able to get the players in who can keep us up, but I am struggling to see that happening.

We have a number issues facing us in the remaining weeks of the transfer window. Selling clubs know we are desperate and will hike any potential transfer fees. Agents will know we are desperate as well and will try to increase a players wage demands. Finally, how many players will be keen to come to us given our current league position and the very real prospect of relegation. I think we need another 4/5 players in at least. A right back, two energetic midfielders, a replacement for Spoony and another striker.

Like @blueheaven states, all of our current problems cant just be laid at Callum Davidsons door. The Chairman and board of directors have questions to answer as well. Why did we not strengthen from a position of strength in the summer? I understand they perhaps had concerns about COVID and the impact that it may have had on our finances, but we are not exactly skint. We were in a position to offer prospective players to sign for the double champions and the opportunity to play European football. Two or three quality additions could have made all the difference.

11 minutes ago, Broggy Man said:

I love the way everybody jumps on the system doesn’t work arguments. 
I did last year

It did with McCann and Kerr being a huge part of why it worked, when it worked.

It's been figured out now plus the "replacement" players have been shite.

McCann and Kerr are huge losses but when you lose your most creative player that’s when that system falls apart . Spoony was one of the best players in the league last year . Man Of the Match in the final against Hibs .It’s no surprise that since the semi final we’ve been terrible . Are we a one man team . It looks like it . 

I think the only chance we have of avoiding relagation is making the play off spot. Next weeks game against Dundee is huge. Lose that and I think the downward momentum we have will take us down. You can talk about tactics and sytems but at the end of the day we are just not winning any games. Given the cost of sacking Callum (he is on a long term contract) I think it unlikely we would get rid of him if we go down. That being said if we get to September and we are not looking like coming back I think he would have to go.

45 minutes ago, Evansabove said:

McCann and Kerr are huge losses but when you lose your most creative player that’s when that system falls apart . Spoony was one of the best players in the league last year . Man Of the Match in the final against Hibs .It’s no surprise that since the semi final we’ve been terrible . Are we a one man team . It looks like it . 

Beat me to it mate ,all lot been said about the disgraceful giveaway of Ali and Jason and rightly so ,but I think the biggest miss has definitely been Spoony ,his driving from midfield and getting decent crosses into the box and chipping in with goals too is definitely the biggest part of our demise in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Aitchy said:

I like Callum Davidson. He is a decent guy, was brilliant for us as a player and has given us some magical moments as a manager, but I am struggling to make a defence for him now. 

Another legend as a player, Sir John Connolly, returned to manage the club, failed and was removed unceremoniously when he failed. Returning players, legends or not, are on a hiding to nothing. You cannot lose the amount of games we have, fail to score, defend and control the midfield without their being casualties.

Someone has to grow a pair and quick!

He’s not gonna change the system , the board won’t sack him ………so if you’re not gonna just get behind him , the players and his formation it’s gonna be pretty frustrating for you all . 
  I suppose the only other option is stage a protest . Make up some placards “sack the board and manager “ 

You can blame Davidson and he deserves a fair share of it. However, for me the players just aren't stepping up. 

Losing two players like McCann & Kerr would be difficult to replace, but not to the extent where we find ourselves. The system CD plays got success last year and the majority of these players played in it, so it shouldn't be something completely alien to them as it has become.

I'd be surprised if we sacked him given the backing we are giving in players coming in, assuming of course that he is signing these players.....