Taxi For Davidson

George Grieve

2 minutes ago, MrBored said:

You can blame Davidson and he deserves a fair share of it. However, for me the players just aren't stepping up. 

Losing two players like McCann & Kerr would be difficult to replace, but not to the extent where we find ourselves. The system CD plays got success last year and the majority of these players played in it, so it shouldn't be something completely alien to them as it has become.

I'd be surprised if we sacked him given the backing we are giving in players coming in, assuming of course that he is signing these players.....

But the system isn’t working, and nothing is being done to even try and change things.

I’d have plenty sympathy if we were attempting different shapes in this run, but it’s been f**king grim. 

It's the same system every time, like for like subs, absolutely no flexibility.

The players can see it isn't working too, there's only one person responsible and as much as I still love Callum, he has to go, now.

He's playing players out of position constantly and he brought on Craig at the end when we needed a goal. Vertainen sitting there. It's poor, poor management, simple as that.

1 hour ago, Havana Saint said:

Chairman Brown and the lack of investment pushing on is the issue.  Far far too "comfortbale" after the double. This period is "Sunderlandesque". We have not kicked a ball since the 1-1 draw in Turkey. 

Lask dude lask 

There's been so much talk from him about getting players in, effectively demoting current, just how do you keep the team motivated when your boss is saying he's trying to replace you all the time. (Even if they are shite). We are just stuck in this quagmire now where I feel its become players against manager as he's fighting for his job. Which is why I think we have to make a change, and only a change can get us out of this rut.

We need someone who can rally this team around the relegation cause and bring the dressing room together. Thats why I like the Liam idea mentioned, at least in the short-term, I think he's got a lot of what this team needs, even if just for a few games until we get a longer term manager. Its teamwork and passion that will keep us up, not just a bunch of new signings. We've seen this season that good talent coming in seems to wane....in the past, coming to saints was usually the reverse of this.

(feels surreal even writing this, as I glance over at my saints cup double book proudly on display..... )

I may be wrong so I'm sure I'll be corrected.  In the summer period, did we not lose some member(s) of the coaching team?  You know, the ones who inspired passing to another Saints player?  Pass and move!  Support and cover for each other!  

I cannot see any changes in the playing staff, new players in.  That's purely a smokescreen.  The only potential change is to the coaching staff.  Can we find someone who is not only willing but capable?  A Dasovic, Attila, Morris type.  

A season which started with such hope sabotaged almost from the beginning by incompetence.  No proper investment in the squad, no backbone to say to other clubs, no sales with less than seven days left in the transfer window.  LASK are making the money we should have. The cost of relegation will be more than we brought in.  

Recruitment has been farcical for a number of years.  I haven't seen any of the last recruits apart from perhaps Brown and Dendocker who have showed potential but are raw.  Etu fought but very raw.  I never saw Devine play.  Crawford, Middleton have done nothing.  Viv didn't bother to hang around.  We come back to our coaching.  Are we coaching good players badly or just have bad players?  

This inaction will taint the Brown's legacy badly.  

I think Wednesday will show that all the fight has gone from this team.  There is a cancer at the heart where there used to be pride.  I hope I'm wrong.  

6 minutes ago, Northern saint said:

Recruitment has been farcical for a number of years.  I haven't seen any of the last recruits apart from perhaps Brown and Dendocker who have showed potential but are raw.  Etu fought but very raw.  I never saw Devine play.  Crawford, Middleton have done nothing.  Viv didn't bother to hang around.  We come back to our coaching.  Are we coaching good players badly or just have bad players?  

This inaction will taint the Brown's legacy badly.  

I think Wednesday will show that all the fight has gone from this team. 

I agree to an extent re the coaching but the lack of fight and desire from the players on the park really galls me.  Those players who a year ago were busting a gut for the team seem to have just given up. Now partly you can argue that  players on loan / short-term deals have little skin in the game to do that but the likes of May, Muzz, McCart etc have all regressed badly both technically and as professionals. 

I think that if the players had been putting up more of a fight yesterday they might have escaped some of the nastier scenes at full-time. 

I'm torn on this one. On one hand I think CD deserves the chance to turn it around given the success of last season and perhaps. just perhaps, if we go down, deserves the chance to bring us back up.

However, it is pretty clear at the moment that there is no sign of us turning the corner. I don't see the players 'fighting' for the manager. Some of the recent comments from CD lays the blame squarely with the players. Saying that they didn't do as they were told for 40mins yesterday.....saying he picks the formation to suit the players available....saying they are making too many defensive mistakes.....having a go at Eetu for trying something different.....I haven't really heard him say that any of this has been his fault and that worries me that he has or is beginning to lose the players. Normally you hear about these things on the grape vine, but haven't heard anything yet, so perhaps he hasn't.

The 'reception' the players got last night is understandable to some extent (who thought it was a good idea to make the players walk through that btw) but given what some of the players gave us last year, must feel like a kick in the teeth. I very much doubt we have any chance of getting Clark to sign a deal (assuming there was a chance before). As as been mentioned, Craig came out of it well.

The Dundee game is the one though. Lose that and I think we are gone. Lose the first goal and the atmosphere could be quiet toxic.

But to end on a positive....win it and we are off the bottom with three or four games coming up that in normal circumstances are more than winnable......maybe we just need a turn of luck......

On 1/22/2022 at 5:50 PM, akuram said:

Losing 10 games on the trot. SURELY THIS HAS TO BE THE END

After that shambles today he has to be sacked.

:cool: 

No and he won’t be . I’m not gonna look back but I bet the same folk were saying the same things when we were pumped by Queen of the South after the 2014 cup win . 
  Shite system , boring to watch , no clue . 

Edited by Evansabove