Taxi For Davidson

George Grieve

I honestly think we're relegated now. So I'd rather Davidson stay on, and sack him at the end of the season. It saves money and gives us a new start. When managers come in and the end of the season, and can't quite turn it around it makes it hard for them in the division below because failure breeds failure (see Tommy Wright at Killie). Let's get this season over with, appoint someone a few days after the end of the season and have a new start.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

I honestly think we're relegated now. So I'd rather Davidson stay on, and sack him at the end of the season. It saves money and gives us a new start. When managers come in and the end of the season, and can't quite turn it around it makes it hard for them in the division below because failure breeds failure (see Tommy Wright at Killie). Let's get this season over with, appoint someone a few days after the end of the season and have a new start.

Don't think things are terminal yet.  At the very least we could get above that load of shite we played last night and try and survive the play offs.  Callum spent a lot of time slumped in a seat last night and to me he looked a beaten man although he perked up a wee bit with his post match comments.

I tend to think he should go now except I wonder who we could get to replace him?  We need someone who is looking up not someone who is  just looking for a job.  Paul Hartley springs to mind as a possibility ( just ) but would he come to us?  My second team is Newcastle (family connections) and even they, despite having money to burn, have had to accept a 2nd or 3rd choice replacement for Bruce.

4 hours ago, south inch said:

Don't think things are terminal yet.  At the very least we could get above that load of shite we played last night and try and survive the play offs.  Callum spent a lot of time slumped in a seat last night and to me he looked a beaten man although he perked up a wee bit with his post match comments.

I tend to think he should go now except I wonder who we could get to replace him?  We need someone who is looking up not someone who is  just looking for a job.  Paul Hartley springs to mind as a possibility ( just ) but would he come to us?  My second team is Newcastle (family connections) and even they, despite having money to burn, have had to accept a 2nd or 3rd choice replacement for Bruce.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I've just decided I don't want us to change manager after all.

So, Steve Bruce then!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

For me, the transfer window was Davidson's last chance. He's chucked a load of the club's money at a huge haul of new players, and we're no better off than we were before. 

Changing the manager is the only option we have left and the board must act while there is still some glimmer of hope that we might at least finish 11th and get a play-off. As things stand, looking at the disarray the team is in and the fixtures we have coming up - we're on course to go straight down.

34 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

For me, the transfer window was Davidson's last chance. He's chucked a load of the club's money at a huge haul of new players, and we're no better off than we were before. 

Changing the manager is the only option we have left and the board must act while there is still some glimmer of hope that we might at least finish 11th and get a play-off. As things stand, looking at the disarray the team is in and the fixtures we have coming up - we're on course to go straight down.

I think its a bit early to be writing off our new players. Last night was not great, but we had previously went three games undefeated, which was a big improvement on our form before the transfer window. I think Cleary has slotted in well and looks comfortable at this level, Gallacher has obvious qualities but needs to become a bit more streetwise, Hallberg has added much needed quality into midfield and whilst early days, Bair and Mahon on the face of it look like promising signings. 

January was always going to be a difficult month for us to bring players in. I am led to believe we tried to sign Jordan Jones, but when it is a choice of playing for a relegation threatened team or a team challenging for top 6 and still in the Scottish Cup, he was always going to chose St Mirren. Look at Forrest as well, why would he leave Livingston to come to us when there was is real possibility we will get relegated. It all goes back to the summer when we failed to add quality from a position of strength and sold our best two players on the last day of the window

I don't see us getting rid of Davidson anytime soon. Steve Brown wont have backed him to the extent he has and then sack him a few weeks later. The only way that may change is if we get completely detached at the bottom of the table and the support completely turn on Davidson, then the board would have a decision to make. I have criticised Davidson for many things this season, but as suggested elsewhere, I dont think the blame can be entirely placed on him. The Chairman and board should have supported the manager better in the summer transfer window and not rolled over when Preston came calling for McCann. The Head of Football Operations , the man responsible for convincing players to sign contracts could have done better, Zak Rudden the prefect example of that and finally the head of recruitment is not completely blameless either with some of his recommendation such as Eetu Vertainen looking completely out of his depth at this level. Combine all that with losing many key players (Rooney, Bryson, Spoony, MOH, Ciftci and Kane) and some horrendous referring decisions going against us, then its all contributed towards where we are now.

I personally feel that it will go right to the wire between us and Dundee. Both teams as bad as each other. 

3 hours ago, Aitchy said:

I think its a bit early to be writing off our new players. Last night was not great, but we had previously went three games undefeated, which was a big improvement on our form before the transfer window. I think Cleary has slotted in well and looks comfortable at this level, Gallacher has obvious qualities but needs to become a bit more streetwise, Hallberg has added much needed quality into midfield and whilst early days, Bair and Mahon on the face of it look like promising signings. 

January was always going to be a difficult month for us to bring players in. I am led to believe we tried to sign Jordan Jones, but when it is a choice of playing for a relegation threatened team or a team challenging for top 6 and still in the Scottish Cup, he was always going to chose St Mirren. Look at Forrest as well, why would he leave Livingston to come to us when there was is real possibility we will get relegated. It all goes back to the summer when we failed to add quality from a position of strength and sold our best two players on the last day of the window

I don't see us getting rid of Davidson anytime soon. Steve Brown wont have backed him to the extent he has and then sack him a few weeks later. The only way that may change is if we get completely detached at the bottom of the table and the support completely turn on Davidson, then the board would have a decision to make. I have criticised Davidson for many things this season, but as suggested elsewhere, I dont think the blame can be entirely placed on him. The Chairman and board should have supported the manager better in the summer transfer window and not rolled over when Preston came calling for McCann. The Head of Football Operations , the man responsible for convincing players to sign contracts could have done better, Zak Rudden the prefect example of that and finally the head of recruitment is not completely blameless either with some of his recommendation such as Eetu Vertainen looking completely out of his depth at this level. Combine all that with losing many key players (Rooney, Bryson, Spoony, MOH, Ciftci and Kane) and some horrendous referring decisions going against us, then its all contributed towards where we are now.

I personally feel that it will go right to the wire between us and Dundee. Both teams as bad as each other. 

Pretty spot on, which outlines the burach we are in.  A combination of events and individuals at fault.