Taxi For Davidson

George Grieve

Jeez this is some read, I still go along and think saints will win every week even now, maybe deluded hope but nae point going if think otherwise, maybe blind loyalty, I want Callum to succeed but I have questioned his tactics and said he should maybe go, usually a reaction after a game etc, we all deal with it differently, but regardless of opinion we all care and love the club, but channel it in different ways rightly or wrongly, I don't have inside info of what goes on at board level, politics in the club, I'm not a coach, but I've played and watched enough football over the years to know the current performances are not good enough and there are a lot of mitigating factors that most if ys are not party to. I was there from the seventies, eighties etc yeah hear the punching etc and the younger fan expectation of we should be higher up the league as that's all they gave ever known, but I still think we should be doing better in performance on the pitch and forward planning as a club. But with anything in life you can always aim higher and not accept what you have or way things were, maybe no get to where you want but let's not accept mediocrity.

22 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Whereas your attitude sums up the older generation that's completely fixed on the bad old days.

"Hey, it might be shite now but I remember when we couldn't beat Albion Rovers." 

The success on the pitch should be a catalyst but it's routinely just a missed opportunity. 

You're allowed an opinion as are others. And while the club may have made the decision to stick by Davidson some fans do agree and that will be reflected on here. 

Exactly. I'm 45 so don't know where I sit on the age spectrum but I was there during it. This we were shite for a bit in the 80s mentally really hampers us.

I am sure and from what I could glean a few years ago we are now past a stage that as a club, over the course of our entire history we have been in the top division more than we have not.  If anything the 80s is the blip and we were punching down during that time.

After the best decade however this situation should of been realistically a thing of the past. But the attitude above permeates the entire club

Everyone at the club, including Davidson, failed in the Summer. He has 12 months to prepare for the transfer window and he didn't agree a single PCA for anyone, despite us having massive appeal.

He know Kerr was away before he left and chose Hayden Muller as the replacement. McCann I've no idea about, I don't think that was planned in the Summer.

Hes shown he can get results if he has a squad that fits his "system" so I'd guess he'll get to the Summer regardless now as he'll be telling them hes managed to do that in January. The worry is he can't adapt to the squad, so we'll either have to get perfect players in every window from now on, or we'll continue to struggle when key players are out.

If we get relegated I'm not sure we should be keeping him on simply because he won the double. The club is, and always will be, bigger than the manager.

20 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Exactly. I'm 45 so don't know where I sit on the age spectrum but I was there during it. This we were shite for a bit in the 80s mentally really hampers us.

I am sure and from what I could glean a few years ago we are now past a stage that as a club, over the course of our entire history we have been in the top division more than we have not.  If anything the 80s is the blip and we were punching down during that time.

After the best decade however this situation should of been realistically a thing of the past. But the attitude above permeates the entire club

I think we are all roughly the same age

Just to clarify - I agree with what you are saying.

Maybe we are young? That'd be nice

Edited by Shibbydoo

56 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

You do understand that we can be behind St Johnstone but not the manager? Most football fans will have a moan when they aren't happy with the way the team is playing. It's kinda how being a fan works. It's nice for you that everything is rose-tinted but that doesn't make you right and everybody else wrong.

I’ve been right on everything I’ve said . 

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Everyone at the club, including Davidson, failed in the Summer. He has 12 months to prepare for the transfer window and he didn't agree a single PCA for anyone, despite us having massive appeal.

So you know 100% he didn’t try to bring in anyone at the time replace Kerr . How do we know what went on before the transfer window closed . 

We are not going to stay up with Davidson in charge.

Relegation will be a disaster.

Apart from the loss of premiership money we will be paying premiership wages in the championship.

Lots will lose jobs and youth system will have to go. Instead of loaning out players we will be loaning players from Livingston.

Its probably a bit late now to get rid of Davidson so we will just have to cross our fingers.

If we do go down we have to let Davidson go.

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

We are not going to stay up with Davidson in charge.

Relegation will be a disaster.

Apart from the loss of premiership money we will be paying premiership wages in the championship.

Lots will lose jobs and youth system will have to go. Instead of loaning out players we will be loaning players from Livingston.

Its probably a bit late now to get rid of Davidson so we will just have to cross our fingers.

If we do go down we have to let Davidson go.

Round———-and ———-round————in ————-circles 

11 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Check back cup thread , you posted come on Kelty!! I said you must be proud to support the opponent, you must be schizophrenic if you can’t remember 

I remember well thankyou and we've already talked about it. 

Schizophrenia doesn't cause memory loss normally.

You are boring.

I love Kelty!

35 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

The later 70’s weren’t much better . 
  WAP a few years ago used to be better . Great characters , always up for a laugh . You come on here now and its endless moaning . If you do make a point someone tries to jump on it or they try to get you to prove something that is impossible. 

3 hours ago, Evansabove said:

So you know 100% he didn’t try to bring in anyone at the time replace Kerr . How do we know what went on before the transfer window closed . 

He brought in Hayden Muller to replace Kerr.

Then realised he was shite, asked about, and signed Lars Dendoncker to replace Kerr because David Weir told him he was great.

Then realised he was shite and looked for a free agent, and signed Efe Ambrose.

Then realised he was shite and the search began for someone else. And now we have Cleary.

That process should've started in January and we could've known neither Muller/Dendoncker were up to it, rather than just gambling on them.

As for McCann it was a shambles we hadn't signed another energetic CM before he left, which could've lessened the impact of losing him.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

He brought in Hayden Muller to replace Kerr.

Then realised he was shite, asked about, and signed Lars Dendoncker to replace Kerr because David Weir told him he was great.

Then realised he was shite and looked for a free agent, and signed Efe Ambrose.

Then realised he was shite and the search began for someone else. And now we have Cleary.

That process should've started in January and we could've known neither Muller/Dendoncker were up to it, rather than just gambling on them.

As for McCann it was a shambles we hadn't signed another energetic CM before he left, which could've lessened the impact of losing him.

Neither of them were shite, but too young and Inexperienced for what we needed , Darnell Fisher was your fixation at one point, but he was fine,what do you expect of young guys at their age? 

44 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Neither of them were shite, but too young and Inexperienced for what we needed .

Your second point makes the first one true.

Neither were near what we needed in the first team and the manager who decided they were is the one at fault, not the players.

Either one would've been fine as a loan signing to provide depth, I even think Dendoncker could've been a decent long term option if we could've got him on a PCA for next season, but it was clear early on they were too raw.

That should have been identified before they signed, not after.

16 hours ago, Evansabove said:

They’ll maybe make it a joint celebration with the cups from last season . 
   There will be a celebration if we get ourselves out this predicament. You can see that folk really don’t want Callum to do well for some reason . Makes it all the more sweeter for him when he does . 

I won't be celebrating. Frankly I find this whole sh*tshow to be a complete embarrassment for the club.

I'd be interested to see some examples of people not wanting Callum to do well. Being angry/disappointed/annoyed at how badly he's doing is very different to not wanting him to do well in the first place. Last season he did well and we were all delighted with it.

15 hours ago, Evansabove said:

I’ve been right on everything I’ve said . 

What exactly is it that you're claiming to have been right about? As far as I can tell, the only point you've repeatedly been making is that you don't think Callum will be sacked. But I don't think I've seen a single person on here claim that he will be sacked. Hardly Nostradamus territory.

After wading through the latest mess that this thread has become - please can people try to stick to the topic and cut out the personal stuff and bickering. If you want to go off-topic, use Chit Chat or PM or any of the many other online options, instead of destroying the thread for people who want to read about Saints.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

What exactly is it that you're claiming to have been right about? As far as I can tell, the only point you've repeatedly been making is that you don't think Callum will be sacked. But I don't think I've seen a single person on here claim that he will be sacked. Hardly Nostradamus territory.

Surely someone of your vast forum experience isn’t being so easily trolled.. come on @blueheaven