Taxi For Davidson

George Grieve

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Steve Brown took a step back from the club, as everyone demanded he do, years ago. Scott Boyd runs the show so direct your ire at him.

He took a step back from the day to day running of the club but he's still the chairman. After we sold McCann, it was Steve Brown who made the statement to fans about it. When it comes to the big decisions (such as changing the manager or selling a key player) it's clearly still Brown who is ultimately making these calls.

30 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

It was Brown fully involved in the transfers out so he's still there for the big decision making.

Everyone at the club agreed on selling McCann at the last minute.

Boyd, Grieve, Davidson all said yes so the decision was made.

14 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

He took a step back from the day to day running of the club but he's still the chairman. After we sold McCann, it was Steve Brown who made the statement to fans about it. When it comes to the big decisions (such as changing the manager or selling a key player) it's clearly still Brown who is ultimately making these calls.

It's up to him to sack Davidson, yes, but everything else he is going with decisions made from below him. He handed things over to full time employees and as such values their opinion over his own. Same in TWs final years. TW got frustrated he couldn't just go to Brown and get things done without Brown also consulting Kirsten Robertson.

Folk wanted him to step back from the day to day running from the club so he did. If you want to know how we've ended up here in terms lf transfer mistakes look below him.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Everyone at the club agreed on selling McCann at the last minute.

Boyd, Grieve, Davidson all said yes so the decision was made.

It's up to him to sack Davidson, yes, but everything else he is going with decisions made from below him. He handed things over to full time employees and as such values their opinion over his own. Same in TWs final years. TW got frustrated he couldn't just go to Brown and get things done without Brown also consulting Kirsten Robertson.

Folk wanted him to step back from the day to day running from the club so he did. If you want to know how we've ended up here in terms lf transfer mistakes look below him.

The mistakes of this season stretch beyond what's happened in the transfer market. There have been multiple errors made across multiple areas and Steve Brown is the man in charge. When we won the double, Steve Brown spoke publicly about it. When Davidson signed his new contract, Steve Brown spoke publicly about it. When McCann was sold, Steve Brown spoke publicly about it. And there's absolutely no chance I'm believing that the significant amount of money given to Davidson in January to go way beyond our budget and sign a huge raft of new players all happened without Steve Brown's approval.

So no, I'm not looking to the people below him to explain what's gone wrong. I'm looking to the chairman to do that.

17 hours ago, blueheaven said:

The mistakes of this season stretch beyond what's happened in the transfer market. There have been multiple errors made across multiple areas and Steve Brown is the man in charge. When we won the double, Steve Brown spoke publicly about it. When Davidson signed his new contract, Steve Brown spoke publicly about it. When McCann was sold, Steve Brown spoke publicly about it. And there's absolutely no chance I'm believing that the significant amount of money given to Davidson in January to go way beyond our budget and sign a huge raft of new players all happened without Steve Brown's approval.

So no, I'm not looking to the people below him to explain what's gone wrong. I'm looking to the chairman to do that.

I'm fairly certain you'll get an explanation off him this Summer, he's not chucking anyone under a bus halfway through a season when we're battling relegation though, and that's what he'll do when he discusses it.

He does the public stuff to save others from taking the flak.

10 hours ago, garydavidson said:

I find it quite extraordinary that this season we have used 37 players and had another 4 on the bench that have never gotten on. Has any other manager in the last ten seasons had such a big squad and done so little?

Has any other manager in the last ten seasons had to deal with the amount of injuries incurred this season ?

I won’t mention the dodgy decisions against.

40 minutes ago, slf said:

Has any other manager in the last ten seasons had to deal with the amount of injuries incurred this season ?

I won’t mention the dodgy decisions against.

I think that’s a valid point, particularly on refereeing decisions. You could easily argue we should be maybe 6 points better off at least, possibly more were it not for quite frankly awful decisions. 

we still wouldn’t be sitting pretty with those additional points but we would be in the mix for staying up. Throw in half a dozen goals from Rooney that we have missed, plus the creativity of Spoonyand it starts to stack up that we have been dealt a terrible hand this season. 

not saying we haven’t been poor at times and could have done better, but it does genuinely feel like the football gods have conspired against us. 

Dodgy decisions? Surely if the referees are as bad as everyone thinks, then all clubs, except Rangers and Celtic obviously, will be affected by their poor performance, not just ourselves. That is unless there is a conspiracy and we are being targeted! 

All the reasons for our failure to progress have been stated on these pages so it is pointless going over them time and time again.

Callum and Macca are both legends who will never be forgotten but, irrespective of how much it costs, they have to be shown the exit door.

The apparent reluctance to dismiss them is making us a laughing stock.

The Championship is, and will be, a difficult division to get out of.

I haven’t said much on this predicament/crisis and I will say no more.

The end.

3 hours ago, John Bonham said:

Throw in half a dozen goals from Rooney that we have missed, plus the creativity of Spoonyand it starts to stack up that we have been dealt a terrible hand this season. 

This highlights my point - 37 players and not enough of them are quality to replace two people to any sort of standard. Although I would argue only Spoony was a massive loss as Rooney wasn't exactly having a good season before his injury.

17 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

This highlights my point - 37 players and not enough of them are quality to replace two people to any sort of standard. Although I would argue only Spoony was a massive loss as Rooney wasn't exactly having a good season before his injury.

NEither was Spoony to be honest. Strange that once we lost Kerr & McCann every other player regressed.

3 hours ago, John Bonham said:

I think that’s a valid point, particularly on refereeing decisions. You could easily argue we should be maybe 6 points better off at least, possibly more were it not for quite frankly awful decisions. 

we still wouldn’t be sitting pretty with those additional points but we would be in the mix for staying up. Throw in half a dozen goals from Rooney that we have missed, plus the creativity of Spoonyand it starts to stack up that we have been dealt a terrible hand this season. 

not saying we haven’t been poor at times and could have done better, but it does genuinely feel like the football gods have conspired against us. 

6 additional points may have made the players a bit more relaxed and stopped them punting the ball for fear of losing it and causing us to get beat by the usual only goal.

Having said that the main reason for our predicament is the tactics ,use of subs and coaching.

26 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Having said that the main reason for our predicament is the tactics ,use of subs and coaching.

That much was obvious from the European run - when he put out nearly the same team v Dundee United and expected something after a European game and before a far more important European game.

In the second leg v Lask it was obvious we needed to make a change and it never came. The season rumbled on downward from there. 

I am convinced that had we made one major striker signing before the Europe games when we had everything in our favour after winning both cups that our season would have been good.

The money we have wasted on second rate signings is criminal. Most will be let go and have contributed very little.

4 hours ago, John Bonham said:

I'm not sure I buy into this. Yes we've had problems with injuries this season, but we've had injury crises in other seasons too. If anything, last season was the anomaly in that the manager's first choice players were hardly ever unavailable. And Davidson has been allowed to bring in a lot of players to cover for those injuries, too. In previous years the board would never have sanctioned the influx of reinforcements that we've seen this year. Previous managers have more or less had to make do with what they had.

We've had some awful refereeing decisions go against us too but really that's part of the game and is something that always happens. To me, what's hurt us is the fact that so many of these decisions have come in or around our box, in positions where the opposition can hurt us. But maybe if we were playing higher up the pitch and on the front foot, that wouldn't happen? We've sat so deep for so much of this season that we've often found ourselves desperately defending and when we've conceded fouls they've been a lot more dangerous for us. That's a big change from last season where we played in a way that allowed us to be the team winning fouls in the other team's half.

I'd concede that injuries and refereeing decisions have probably cost us a few points this season. But I think there are far more significant, self-inflicted factors behind our slump.

15 hours ago, Cagey said:

If County had the Charles-Cook of last season they would probably be below us. Maybe even if he wasn't playing yesterday there might be just 1 between us instead of 7 points.

Not from what I saw on Saturday. They were better than us all over the pitch and that mainly comes down to tactics and organisation.

Just look at their average positions on the pitch compared to ours. This is why they were able to knock the ball around and find space to run into, and we weren't:

On 2/28/2022 at 9:23 AM, garydavidson said:

I find it quite extraordinary that this season we have used 37 players and had another 4 on the bench that have never gotten on. Has any other manager in the last ten seasons had such a big squad and done so little?

For a club with such a stringent fiscal wage structure/ policy surely we could of saved wages on 7 or 8 players and potentially used those savings to maybe top up one or two offers to players who we were chasing in the transfer window?

What actually is the plan for scoring goals / winning matches. We have no plan at all.

Even if it was as simple as pace down the sides and swing in crosses, fine!

Punt it to a target man and have someone pacey around him, fine!

Have O’Halloran up front and play balls in behind, fine!

Shoot on sight and hope one goes in, fine!

At the moment it is NOTHING!!!! Don’t believe me? We are marooned at the bottom of the shots on target statistics. Not just bottom, clear bottom. This is an unmitigated disaster that Davidson is presiding over.

Go now!!

C807854A-655D-442D-BB8D-AF28531EF99A.jpeg