Taxi For Davidson

George Grieve

Spot on! We are never going to win games when we don't score goals, obviously, and for some totally bizarre reason, Davidson seems to be deliberately setting up not to score.

I'm seriously starting to think he's lost the plot.

What the **** is going on in his head?

Whatever happens this season he cannot be in charge on day 1 of next season.

I've posted this elsewhere but are the players actually not listening to CD and doing their own thing with this negative football, continuous backwards play and needless punts etc or is this really him instilling this manner of play into them  ? Surely they don't put all their training into these tactics. Whichever it is its now (highly probable) gonna cost us our league place as I don't even have any faith in us winning over two games in the play offs. Of course we can dwell on the horrendous injury list and suspect decisions we've endured against us but I think we'd still be in the s***e anyway purely through our way of playing/tactics/subs. Obviously money was thrown into the team in January and I do think we've got some decent enough players who MAYBE with the right management could/should have been good enough to keep us out of the relegation/play off spots, can still be done but I'm not seeing it now. 

17 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

What actually is the plan for scoring goals / winning matches. We have no plan at all.

Even if it was as simple as pace down the sides and swing in crosses, fine!

Punt it to a target man and have someone pacey around him, fine!

Have O’Halloran up front and play balls in behind, fine!

Shoot on sight and hope one goes in, fine!

Totally agree. When Davidson first came in I felt we at least had a plan for getting the ball into the box. The plan mainly involved pumping high crosses into the box, and it didn't work, but at least it was a plan. This season I don't think we have any plan at all. Our only approach is to keep the opposition at bay for as long as we can and hope that at some point a goalscoring opportunity comes along purely by chance. I think a big part of that involved getting Chris Kane to win free kicks and hope we might get the ball forward from those. But with Kane injured we don't even have that any more. No ideas are being successfully coached into the players about how to play, how to create, how to try something different.

For me, if Davidson was showing any tiny sign of even trying to fix the above then we might have something we could work with. There did seem to be a brief improvement around the close of the transfer window but it's very telling that the new players have quickly fallen into playing in the same ineffective way as the guys they were supposed to replace. For me, that shows these are coaching issues and the big problem is with the instructions the players are being given. Our most successful ever squad has been dismantled in the space of a few months, and for what?

I believe we'll go into next season with exactly the same issues, whether we stay up or not. We're either headed for another painful season at the bottom of the Premiership, or a painful season of struggling in the Championship. Without a change of manager I just have no hope for next season at all.

3 hours ago, dave mc said:

Spent most of Saturday with him, why? 

He doesn't seem to have posted for a while , a it concerned.

The other big poster that doesn't seem to have posted for a while is Abernethy.

Not much as action on here recently.

I’m sort of getting my head around the fact that we are likely to be bottom again this evening. This season has been a total disaster. Any hopes we had of bringing in the quality in January to make amends long gone. Have we improved at all since Jan? I don’t think so. I have no problem with the Cleary and Mahon signings, sensible and sound decision to get these guys in. However, Calum’s ability to sign and not actually play a forward player is bewildering. Even with Kane out long term we still have not seen Etu feature (even allowing for the fact that he is on loan just now), Bair getting next to no time and where on earth is the other laddie we signed (can’t even remember his name which says it all)? These have been disastrous, embarrassing signings if they are not what we need and the buck stops with CD. I’m starting to feel that we ain’t getting out of this mess with CD at the helm and it’s too late to do anything about it. 

1 hour ago, Gas Monkey said:

I’m sort of getting my head around the fact that we are likely to be bottom again this evening. This season has been a total disaster. Any hopes we had of bringing in the quality in January to make amends long gone. Have we improved at all since Jan? I don’t think so. I have no problem with the Cleary and Mahon signings, sensible and sound decision to get these guys in. However, Calum’s ability to sign and not actually play a forward player is bewildering. Even with Kane out long term we still have not seen Etu feature (even allowing for the fact that he is on loan just now), Bair getting next to no time and where on earth is the other laddie we signed (can’t even remember his name which says it all)? These have been disastrous, embarrassing signings if they are not what we need and the buck stops with CD. I’m starting to feel that we ain’t getting out of this mess with CD at the helm and it’s too late to do anything about it. 

I've actually thought that Cleary looks a bit dodgy as well.

2 hours ago, Gas Monkey said:

Exactly what a lot of people were saying in Dec, only now it really is too late and we've spunked a load of money up the wall at the same time.