Taxi For Davidson

George Grieve

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Lampard has managed one of the biggest clubs on the planet.

Gerrard has managed Rangers for 3 years and won 1 trophy.

Lampards CV is far stronger.

Ummmmmmm.......so is Callum’s.

Although I agree, no chance Sevco would be interested. I couldn’t see Callum buying into all the self-deluding, Union Jack waving, Sectarian, “Rinjurs Man” shite that goes with it, either.

Sorry, I meant: Davidson isn't a big enough name for Rangers. I think they recognise that they can't get a big name manager with experience on their budget, but they can get a big name player who wants to get some experience outside of the pressure of the England. That's essentially what Gerrard has done - hone your managerial skills somewhere else for a bit, so that you can then go on to manage in the EPL. A much easier route than starting out with Milton Keynes, Derby or whoever else. Rangers get a big payout when he moves on, everyone wins.

If Davidson went to Rangers, he'd have to win the 10 in a row before anyone in the EPL started to take any notice. It's not worth it financially for Rangers to go down that route.

19 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

The Aberdeen job might be up for grabs again, soon. That is one that should worry Saints fans. 

Scud job that . If he’s ambitious it’s Scotland or managing in England .

would be more worried if he ends up the next sevco manager .

nice one doing a bit of stirring just like the sex pest ye have in yer avatar.

All this takeover business at Newcastle makes you think about Saints and the achievements of the club. I know we all moan a bit about the budget at Saints but not that it would happen but I dont think I would like a big investor coming in, I like the locally owned aspect of the club. It makes the achievements all the better. We didnt buy the 2 cups last season, hard work, belief and probably a bit of luck.

2 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

The Aberdeen job might be up for grabs again, soon. That is one that should worry Saints fans. 

Davidson wouldn’t take an Aberdeen or Hibs type job.

Big difference between Tommy and Callum is that Callum is very very well thought of in football circles, across the UK.

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Big difference between Tommy and Callum is that Callum is very very well thought of in football circles, across the UK.

When Clark fecks up.again they might offer him the Scotland job, wonder if he would pick Saints players ?

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Have to agree that I don't think Davidson would be on Sevco's radar. 

And yet... When Lennon left, many Celtic fans, on their blogs, were pointing out to their board that they could do a lot worse than have a look at St Johnstone's Calum Davidson. But what do fans know... eh!

Edited by Indicator

17 minutes ago, Indicator said:

And yet... When Lennon left, many Celtic fans, on their blogs, were pointing out to their board that they could do a lot worse than have a look at St Johnstone's Calum Davidson. But what do fans know... eh!

Yeah what do fans know chief .

John Connolly.

fans hero , fans choice.

8 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

If no offer comes from the English championship or EPL, an Aberdeen or Hibs type job would be the next step up, surely? As we have seen with international selection, success at Saints isn’t rated. If he won both cups at Aberdeen, a much bigger job would be likely, which is ridiculous considering that, on paper, it is far harder to do that with St Johnstone. But that is the weird way football works.

27 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

If no offer comes from the English championship or EPL, an Aberdeen or Hibs type job would be the next step up, surely? As we have seen with international selection, success at Saints isn’t rated. If he won both cups at Aberdeen, a much bigger job would be likely, which is ridiculous considering that, on paper, it is far harder to do that with St Johnstone. But that is the weird way football works.

You could be right, purely my opinion. Happy for a wager though. £50 says that Callum won’t manage Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen if one of those teams is looking for a manager in the next 12 months?

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

You could be right, purely my opinion. Happy for a wager though. £50 says that Callum won’t manage Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen if one of those teams is looking for a manager in the next 12 months?

Tempting, but I don’t want to spend the next year hoping we lose our most successful manager ever! 

• 1 month later...