Saints v Brechin, Betfred Cup, 10 Oct 2020

Salguodinmethven.

10 minutes ago, Salguodinmethven. said:

Stroll in the park, but nice result, when did we last get 7 in a game? Last time I remember was against East Stirling in about 1982 or 3. My only grump why not let spoony take the penalty to get a deserved hatrick (possibly). 

I think there was a rather more recent and memorable 7-2 game since then!!

16 minutes ago, ejksjfc said:

Let’s be positive please......when was the last time we scored 7 in a competitive match?

Answers on a postcard please.

Dundee in Alec Totten's time?  Can also remember a 7 - 2 v Dumbarton in the old B Division and Dumbarton were fancied at the time.  Also think we gave Partick an absolute doing round about the time of our first League Cup final.

Can't afford a stamp these days!

That was a really good professional performance today. We controlled the game for the 90 minutes and created so many chances.

Brechin were blown away by our play and our fitness showed.

Thought Craig Bryson showed what a good player he is and if he keeps fit then will be a great addition to the squad.

Young Ferguson looks a player.

Don’t listen to all that negative crap it was a good performance.

Glad I bought the PPV it was well worth the £12.50.

Well done saints.

3 minutes ago, akuram said:

That was a really good professional performance today. We controlled the game for the 90 minutes and created so many chances.

Thought Craig Bryson showed what a good player he is and if he keeps fit then will be a great addition to the squad.

Well done saints.

Agreed

You can only beat whats in front of you.

This wasnt the strongest 11 either.

A few missed chances, but played 90 mins at a  decent tempo and kept intensity up.

20 minutes ago, akuram said:

Well done saints.

Really good comments then I realised who we were playing. Pity we cannot turn in this performance against Premier league opposition. If this is a stepping stone I am happy. If this is the only level of opponents we can beat then I am not

I got the first half on my season ticket... I didn’t realise it was PPV! Sadly I came off at half time & when I tried to watch the second half they wanted me to subscribe... was kicking myself for not keeping it running at half time!

Hope the result is a wee confidence boost to the team, we have struggled against the so called lower teams in the past so I think we should just enjoy the moment! Do I wish it had been 7-0 in a league game... yes but a win is a win!,

COYS

27 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Really good comments then I realised who we were playing. Pity we cannot turn in this performance against Premier league opposition. If this is a stepping stone I am happy. If this is the only level of opponents we can beat then I am not

But keeping things in perspective on here is not allowed, let's all get pissed ....we beat Brechin by 7 in league cup round robin............Brechin who by all rights ought to be a non league team.

But don't say any of this, talk about "confidence" which I'd call delusion.

Confidence comes from doing something tough. Complacency comes from having it easy.

Nice braggable scoreline, otherwise, we are still bottom of the league.

2 hours ago, MySpazz said:

This result does nothing for me, it's a shambles. Brechin clearly gash, and we pay goal bonuses out on it! :)

And Stevie May clearly found his level

Somebody is ina bad mood. Look at some of the banana skins that spfl clubs have had Peterhead winning at tannadice, Hibs just winning at cove brora doing well in there games. Lighten up and praise a good performance 

2 hours ago, south inch said:

Dundee in Alec Totten's time?  Can also remember a 7 - 2 v Dumbarton in the old B Division and Dumbarton were fancied at the time.  Also think we gave Partick an absolute doing round about the time of our first League Cup final.

Can't afford a stamp these days!

Thistle game was 8.1 got held up at work and missed the bus by about 2 minutes.

1 hour ago, MySpazz said:

But keeping things in perspective on here is not allowed, let's all get pissed ....we beat Brechin by 7 in league cup round robin............Brechin who by all rights ought to be a non league team.

But don't say any of this, talk about "confidence" which I'd call delusion.

Confidence comes from doing something tough. Complacency comes from having it easy.

Nice braggable scoreline, otherwise, we are still bottom of the league.

You raise a fair point..... here's my response.

This team needs to play at the intensity they did against Celtic against any lower level team, bottom premier teams, non-league/brechin...whoever. Believe they did that somewhat today from watching the game, which is a positive, they kept pressing.  

First few games I watched we felt soft, lacked hunger....maybe this is/was as much on CD ,being new etc as the players, so this win brings more confidence and fun to the dressing room however you slice it.

They gained big confidence from the Celtic game, they will gain 'happiness' and some confidence from the dispatch job today ..... i feel a run of wins on their way.

43 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Thistle game was 8.1 got held up at work and missed the bus by about 2 minutes.

Thanks Sixties, should have remembered was at the game.  Also, at the final I was standing beside a Partick fan and we discussed the game.  Happy days, no segregation - still say Bertie Auld's goal was offside -  we could see that clear as day from the other end.

Do you remember the Dumbarton game or will we wait for our friend to confirm or correct?