Hamilton v Saints

THE LARK SAINT

30 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Where did MOH play? I would have bet my shirt, he was right and Wotherspoon left. As MOH is right footed and Wotherspoon left footed. When Croft replaced MOH IAm sure he was right.

Spoony was right,  MOH left. When Croft came on, he went to the right, May to the left and Spoony dropped into midfield to make a three. Spoony was replaced by Gary Macdonald a few minutes later.  Tommy had also done this in the Semi, but without changing personnel initially  - after half-time Spoony dropped deeper to make a 3, May went to the left and MOH went to the right.  No subs were made in the semi till the last couple of minutes when Cregg came on for MOH, with Spoony reverting to the right. 

Both matches are still available on YouTube.

10 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Wotherspoon left  MOH was right and Croft replaced him on the right late on. But my memory is not what it once was. They did alternate wings occasionally 

One of my granddaughters is just back from a week's holiday in Cyprus. Had I known you were going to get involved in this discussion I could have sent her out with my copy of the cup final video for you to refresh your memory. I spent too much time looking at my watch in the 2nd half to join in the debate but if you do lose your shirt it will be no hardship as I'm told the weather is glorious over there.

7 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Good time of the year to come to Cyprus weather mid 30s- high 20s. But like most countries tougher restrictions on they way. Visitors testing positive. Think there must have been a few dodgy negative tests being presented at passport control. Stay safe

We were due there in a couple of weeks. Had decided not to go (Nicola sez naw) but it was cancelled anyway. Went to Linlithgow instead. Hardly any difference, really......

21 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

He's not.

He's good with his left foot, but anyone who's watched more than one Saints game should be aware he's right footed.

Genuine 2 footed player which is unusual. You see some of those multimillion players in the EPL who are one footed.

Had to smile at Mays comment in post match interview where he said its great that defenders don't know what Spoonys going to do but neither does his strike partners.