Saints v Dundee United 24/10/20 - Derby Day

R.B.B:- Adz

Greetings Sainteez! I hope you’re all well and coping with all this Covid stuff.

Looking forward to Saturday, but feeling a bit gutted that I am not meeting a few mates before and after for a fixture I have not missed for many years!

As for the game, not an easy one to predict, after a reasonable start we have lost confidence and form, Saints appear to be going in the opposite direction, but not a lot between 7/8 teams in this division as the table shows. 

I expect to see a Utd team sitting in and hitting on the break, Mellon appears to have little faith in several of the more experienced players in his squad, the key on Saturday will be not to lose, but a big 3 points up for grabs.  

8 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Greetings Sainteez! I hope you’re all well and coping with all this Covid stuff.

Looking forward to Saturday, but feeling a bit gutted that I am not meeting a few mates before and after for a fixture I have not missed for many years!

As for the game, not an easy one to predict, after a reasonable start we have lost confidence and form, Saints appear to be going in the opposite direction, but not a lot between 7/8 teams in this division as the table shows. 

I expect to see a Utd team sitting in and hitting on the break, Mellon appears to have little faith in several of the more experienced players in his squad, the key on Saturday will be not to lose, but a big 3 points up for grabs.  

Welcome back Smarmy, you just might be glad your not meeting up wae your friends after the doing you will get.

welcome back Smarmy!

Yes, this is a game that could go different ways. Saints games have been like that for a while. We're on the cusp of being really good, but every now and again throw in something substandard.  A team in transition, I guess.

On current form, Saints to win, but the above caveat remains.

Good to hear from you SStee!  

Maybe so mate, but I’ll stick my neck out and say I’m quietly confident there will be no hammerings dished out on Saturday!  If Calum treats this game like its akin to playing Brechin City with wingers bombing forward he may just regret it.

After all Stevie May has now scored all his goals for the season, and will spend the rest of this campaign huffing, puffing, flattering to deceive and so glad the McD boo boys are no in the stands!

Oor Shanks has yet to get into his stride!

58 minutes ago, SugarSpunSaintee said:

Be very interesting to see what he goes for upfront.

May by himself supported by Conway and Spoony?

Drop Conway or Spoony and bring Hendry in?

Drop Conway or Spoony and bring the Israeli?

Good to finally have options up that end of the park

He should play the same again. Just need to tighten up defensively, at the moment because we are conceding a good number of goals, we will have to score more goals than them because there will be goals (now go bet 0v0 :cool:). The Israeli on last half hour.

Edited by Johnny B

19 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Other than Shankland, who is their latest million pound youngster?

Ive never heard such hype about such average players as there has been at Dundee Utd over the past 10-15 years...

See; Dow, Gauld, Dixon, Gunning, Watson, Kenneth, Souttar, Spittal et al... I’m sick of hearing it

Since you ask RBB, Kerr Smith has gone to Aston Villa, who nipped in ahead of Man Utd and Everton. Not sure we will get anything for him, due to his age? 

Logan Chalmers was capped for the under 21’s last week, scouts flocking to Tannadice to see him. Neilson, Appere, Glass and Mochrie also generating interest......All hoping to follow Armstrong, Gauld, Robertson to multi million deals in the big leagues! ;) 

...and the keeper! We will be very lucky to keep him beyond the next window!

Do saints have another Philip Scott on their hands?

Edited by Smarmy Arab

2 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Good to hear from you SStee!  

Maybe so mate, but I’ll stick my neck out and say I’m quietly confident there will be no hammerings dished out on Saturday!  If Calum treats this game like its akin to playing Brechin City with wingers bombing forward he may just regret it.

After all Stevie May has now scored all his goals for the season, and will spend the rest of this campaign huffing, puffing, flattering to deceive and so glad the McD boo boys are no in the stands!

Oor Shanks has yet to get into his stride!

Hope your no regretting that statement about Stevie Saturday

1 hour ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Since you ask RBB, Kerr Smith has gone to Aston Villa, who nipped in ahead of Man Utd and Everton. Not sure we will get anything for him, due to his age? 

Logan Chalmers was capped for the under 21’s last week, scouts flocking to Tannadice to see him. Neilson, Appere, Glass and Mochrie also generating interest......All hoping to follow Armstrong, Gauld, Robertson to multi million deals in the big leagues! ;) 

...and the keeper! We will be very lucky to keep him beyond the next window!

Do saints have another Philip Scott on their hands?

No, but we have a Cup.