Saints v Dundee United 24/10/20 - Derby Day

R.B.B:- Adz

Hi Mike hope you’re well. 

Yes I am aware of this story, but you need to take these things along with the good, we are world famous don’t you know?

I can remember for a generation, where ever I went across Europe and beyond, if you said the word Dundee it would be immediately anointed  with the word ‘United’. The iconic strip, those wonderful nights, so many of you Perth types shared, the old A85 was teaming with Perthites so long starved of glamour football and marquee occasions.....happy days!:cool:

10 hours ago, dunblanemike said:

But why was the DU tour of Africa such a disaster, I am not aware of the details? For the term Dundee United to end up slang for a fool there must have been something dumb happening!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/30/is-dundee-united-really-slang-for-idiot-in-nigeria

Make of it what you will, I do have vague memories of Scottish clubs spending summers on tours, particularly US. Apparently that’s where the tangerine shirt came from, as it was the colour of th Dallas Tornados, United’s pseudonym when they, along with others attempted to improve the profile of ‘soccer‘ in the USA.  

Were Saints involved?

36 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/30/is-dundee-united-really-slang-for-idiot-in-nigeria

Make of it what you will, I do have vague memories of Scottish clubs spending summers on tours, particularly US. Apparently that’s where the tangerine shirt came from, as it was the colour of th Dallas Tornados, United’s pseudonym when they, along with others attempted to improve the profile of ‘soccer‘ in the USA.  

Were Saints involved?

Little known fact: “Saints” is Nigerian slang for “soap”.

27 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Surprised McCann has been dropped.

I'm not,I think he took a knock last week, has played every game and been away with his country, all be it not played much for them so all in all probability is its more about protecting him for future games 

Its something that the Manager can afford to do with Bryson at his disposal