Stuart Beedie

JmSG

6 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

This'll need some of the auld c*nts.

Or Google, played for us 1981/84 as a midfielder.  Seem to remember he was a steady enough player but we were not exactly setting the heather on fire at that time.  Now involved in football management in Australia.

Most famous for being instrumental in getting Souness sent off during a Hibs v Rangers game.  The bold boy was playing for Hibs.

23 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

How many times did you see him play then  ??

I'll answer your question, since you haven't commented on my post.

Answer- several times , probably more away than home.

His 1st game was a friendly away to Dundee Utd. where Utd. Won 4-0. (Beedie wore no.8 shirt).

Next game McCoist started in the no. 8 shirt with Beedie no.9  . Both scored in a 2-1 away win to Hibs in the League Cup.(McCoist also scored in the next 3 games)

12/08/81--Wore no.9 shirt (for the last time) in the next game at home , defeating Celtic 2-0 in the L C.     Scorers McCoist and sub. Morton.

Didn't feature again till 07/10/81, away to Hearts in a 3-1 defeat. Morton got Saints goal.    Wore no.11 this game and the next.

His next game on 07/11/81 in the no.7 shirt was away to Clydebank, who won 3-1. Morton for Saints.

After a run of 10 games, scoring twice in the process , was replaced by O'Brien for 3 games , back for 1 game in the no.7 Jersey.

Following game (a run of 4) appeared in no.4 shirt for the 1st time, then reverted to no. 7 for next 11 games, till the end of season 81/82.

82/83 season in no.4 & 11 shirt and one as no.10.

Shirt numbers in times gone by usually indicated the position on the pitch where you operated.

3 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

His 1st game was a friendly away to Dundee Utd. where Utd. Won 4-0. (Beedie wore no.8 shirt).

Next game McCoist started in the no. 8 shirt with Beedie no.9  . Both scored in a 2-1 away win to Hibs in the League Cup.(McCoist also scored in the next 3 games)

12/08/81--Wore no.9 shirt (for the last time) in the next game at home , defeating Celtic 2-0 in the L C.     Scorers McCoist and sub. Morton.

Didn't feature again till 07/10/81, away to Hearts in a 3-1 defeat. Morton got Saints goal.    Wore no.11 this game and the next.

His next game on 07/11/81 in the no.7 shirt was away to Clydebank, who won 3-1. Morton for Saints.

After a run of 10 games, scoring twice in the process , was replaced by O'Brien for 3 games , back for 1 game in the no.7 Jersey.

Following game (a run of 4) appeared in no.4 shirt for the 1st time, then reverted to no. 7 for next 11 games, till the end of season 81/82.

Shirt numbers in times gone by usually indicated the position on the pitch where you operated.

Unfortunately I did not get to see the guy play, due to work commitments and having just got married  , so I bow to your knowledge, as a matter o interest when did you get back up the road

On 11/4/2020 at 10:54 AM, HOODLUM65 said:

Well, collecting the data, played with a lot of numbers (4,7,8,9,10 and 11) what I would say that he played everything except defense, as long as your number matches your position.
It could be classified as a Box to Box Mid, Left-Handed, therefore could it also play as Left-Mid?

7 hours ago, JmSG said:

Well, collecting the data, played with a lot of numbers (4,7,8,9,10 and 11) what I would say that he played everything except defense, as long as your number matches your position.
It could be classified as a Box to Box Mid, Left-Handed, therefore could it also play as Left-Mid?

Cheers.