Saints v Utd 10 .11. 20

THE LARK SAINT

While we look good on the ball and the central two in midfield looked very comfortable...its all a bit 'safe'. 

If all we create in a game is two or three decent chances then we are going to struggle as its going to take our front lot a lot more chances than that to score. Thought Hendry showed some very good touches in the second half, but the bit he is there to do...he fluffs. Kane...the only chance I can remember, he falls down...which isn't the first time.

I wonder when we will see Guy. Peterhead's an artificial turf is it not? If so, doubt it will be Saturday some how.

Good points...Rooney showed a lot of running power and was generally fairly decent with his passing. Two in midfield were good with ball at their feet, although they did play a lot of passes backwards. May and to an extent MOH looked in good form when they came on.

Resigned myself to us losing the pen shoot out...some pretty poor pens (May & Conway) although Tanser's was a decent save.

30 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Yeah I may be wrong as well, would have to be one of the four best runners up and I forgot about that.

Fair enough but quite apart from that what effect do the penalty shoot outs have?  Us the Arabs and the Blue Toon all have 7 points but the other 2 have won penalty shoot outs, do they count for nothing?  If we draw and win the shoot out would we win the mini league thanks to our 7 - 0 tanking of Brechin?  But if we lose the shoot out what happens then?

27 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Resigned myself to us losing the pen shoot out...some pretty poor pens (May & Conway) although Tanser's was a decent save.

I only saw Liams penalty. According to bbc Tanser hit the post and Conway scored. Was that not the case, cant be bothered going back and rereading it.

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

I only saw Liams penalty. According to bbc Tanser hit the post and Conway scored. Was that not the case, cant be bothered going back and rereading it.

Tansers was put into post by keeper,decent save,Conways squirmed unbelievably in after keeper parried it,Mays was saved 

Dundee Utd and Peterhead have 8 points and Saints  7

Utd have played 4 games 

Saints and utd 3 games

Saints win the group with a  90 min win (10 points)either with an outright win or penalty win (9 points) 

However a penalty win for Peterhead puts them on 10 points  wins them the group. 

2 hours ago, dave mc said:

Tansers was put into post by keeper,decent save,Conways squirmed unbelievably in after keeper parried it,Mays was saved 

May's was a decent penalty, struck with some pace - absolutely wellied it. Their GK played a blinder, the save on to the post outstanding. Thought Zander's tip on to the bar was near brilliance....

As for the one that swerved back in.... real blooper/

If we cannot beat Peterhead (div 1 side) we do not deserve to progress. As for the penalties disgraceful. The odds were it was going to be a draw and if this the best we have after practicing all week  we are in trouble. We were very fortunate to score 3. Scoring has been our biggest problem all season and it is no different from 12 yards. But having said all that 0v3 on Saturday.

7 hours ago, MySpazz said:

May's was a decent penalty, struck with some pace - absolutely wellied it. Their GK played a blinder, the save on to the post outstanding. Thought Zander's tip on to the bar was near brilliance....

As for the one that swerved back in.... real blooper/

I thought May's wasn't a good penalty - perfect height for the keeper and nowhere near a corner.

Zander didn't save any? Got a hand on one but that was it.

Hendry should have had that game wrapped up for us long before penalties though. 

2 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

I thought May's wasn't a good penalty - perfect height for the keeper and nowhere near a corner.

Zander didn't save any? Got a hand on one but that was it.

Hendry should have had that game wrapped up for us long before penalties though. 

Hendry looking like the Hendry that flopped at Brechin. 

ACH well another clean sheet. A few guys got a run out. None of them let themselves down. Not easy to fit into a team or system right away & Booth & Rooney took time to settle but did ok.

In retrospect we probably should have played our strongest team but suppose we have to give these guys game time for the good of the rest of the season.

Funny old game ,last season Hendry couldn't miss. This season he can't get near the target.