Pat McGroin

Peterhead vs St Johnstone 14/11/20

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

really?

Well it completely missed this peterhead goal, was watching a  seagull other end of park

Might have been a black headed spotted European Shag.  They are very keen on seagulls in Peterhead, not much else to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

thought you were making a joke about pixels....so thats a real thing and its completely shit

There was a story a couple of weeks ago about how the system kept focusing on a bald linesman at Inverness.

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2020/11/3/21547392/ai-camera-operator-football-bald-head-soccer-mistakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was difficult to see any of the goals. The camera would occasionally wildly zoom in on the other side of the stadium to where the action was! You could only hear every other word of the commentary.

We didn't really get into the game, the ball spending more time out of play or up in the air than anywhere else. We didn't really create much, and were lucky their over zealous defending gave us the penalties. Nice finish from Kane though. Hendry looked ok when he came on. Davidson played ok. May & Melamed weren't too bad. It was really a game where each team just kicked it wildly to one another or out of play for most of the game against driving rain and wind. In other words, a classic cup game against lower league opposition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

thought you were making a joke about pixels....so thats a real thing and its completely shit

There was a story a couple of weeks ago about how the system kept focusing on a bald linesman at Inverness.

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2020/11/3/21547392/ai-camera-operator-football-bald-head-soccer-mistakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Linky said:

It was difficult to see any of the goals. The camera would occasionally wildly zoom in on the other side of the stadium to where the action was! You could only hear every other word of the commentary.

We didn't really get into the game, the ball spending more time out of play or up in the air than anywhere else. We didn't really create much, and were lucky their over zealous defending gave us the penalties. Nice finish from Kane though. Hendry looked ok when he came on. Davidson played ok. May & Melamed weren't too bad. It was really a game where each team just kicked it wildly to one another or out of play for most of the game against driving rain and wind. In other words, a classic cup game against lower league opposition

"Driving rain and wind"?  That's a pleasant Autumn day in Peterhead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Linky said:

It was difficult to see any of the goals. The camera would occasionally wildly zoom in on the other side of the stadium to where the action was! You could only hear every other word of the commentary.

We didn't really get into the game, the ball spending more time out of play or up in the air than anywhere else. We didn't really create much, and were lucky their over zealous defending gave us the penalties. Nice finish from Kane though. Hendry looked ok when he came on. Davidson played ok. May & Melamed weren't too bad. It was really a game where each team just kicked it wildly to one another or out of play for most of the game against driving rain and wind. In other words, a classic cup game against lower league opposition

How do you know it was nice finish from Kane could t see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Linky said:

It was difficult to see any of the goals. The camera would occasionally wildly zoom in on the other side of the stadium to where the action was! You could only hear every other word of the commentary.

We didn't really get into the game, the ball spending more time out of play or up in the air than anywhere else. We didn't really create much, and were lucky their over zealous defending gave us the penalties. Nice finish from Kane though. Hendry looked ok when he came on. Davidson played ok. May & Melamed weren't too bad. It was really a game where each team just kicked it wildly to one another or out of play for most of the game against driving rain and wind. In other words, a classic cup game against lower league opposition

I missed the last 2 goals, genuinely thought it was 1-2 when they got a goal back because the commentary and camera was so useless. 
 

only realised Kane had scored when I checked bet365

Anyone that didn’t pay, don’t waste 90 mins of your life tomorrow. 
 

Could be worse. We could have accidentally bought a Peterhead season ticket like the Saints fan on Twitter!

Edited by Pat McGroin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear God that coverage was crap. Regret paying a tenner for it now as I could barely make out any of the match. I know Peterhead don't have a huge budget but surely it wouldn't kill them to check that their sound is working and make sure the camera's pointing at the ball. I feel very sorry for their fans if that's what they're having to put up with all season. I couldn't watch that every week.

Very difficult to comment much on the match but I'm assuming Melamed is still a bit behind on his fitness as he seemed a bit off the pace and it looked like May was the one doing most of the running up front. Liam Craig seemed to be having a decent game. MOH looked lively without a lot of end product. Beyond that ... who knows, really? All in all a good League Cup group stage performance this season, especially in comparison to our previous attempt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I missed the last 2 goals, genuinely thought it was 1-2 when they got a goal back because the commentary and camera was so useless. 
 

only realised Kane had scored when I checked bet365

Anyone that didn’t pay, don’t waste 90 mins of your life tomorrow. 
 

Could be worse. We could have accidentally bought a Peterhead season ticket like the Saints fan on Twitter!

Must be the worst PPV experience so far. Sound was terrible, can they not do the simple thing and check the mic before the game. Reminds me of a comedian called Norman Collier who did his act pretending the mic was faulty and it was funny. Probably only cost about 50p to get in to the theatre then. £10 for missing really all the main action is a bit poor. Agree with above as I didn't know what I had bought but a quick check on digital banking showed only £10 spent. Clubs must do better with this. Anyway on to the next PPV as most have been ok. Main thing is we won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...