Saints v Motherwell 21/11/20

Tranmere Saintee

We looked solid once again, and had a few chances, but we didn't really look like scoring apart from the penalty. Wotherspoon's form has dipped, but the rest played well. Bryson looked off the pace, lost the ball a few times and was kicking out at players here and there.

McCann was the best player on the field once again. Everyone else had a decent game, and O'Halloran provided a bit of extra spark when he came on. I imagine Davidson will be injured for a while, it looked bad. Not sure why we aren't using Melamed, at least as a sub. I'd have put him on for Wotherspoon off towards the end.

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

What are you on about? There was only one team attempting to win that game of football and I’ll give you a clue, it wasn’t Motherwell. 

The system was working and causing then issues, why change it? The space was out wide with the fullbacks due to the wide players coming inside. All 2 up top would have meant, was us going long and losing every ball to Gallagher. 

Could’ve gone 3-5-2,taking Spoony/ Conway off and still had all the width needed,but an extra body in the box

8 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Thought Bryson was lucky not to get sent off for the 'challenge' on their keeper.

Not for that one but he had another foul later on that he may have got a second yellow.

Thought McCann was going to get a red for chopping down the Well player late on.

Never impressed with Bryson at Dons & still don't see improvement. Would have brought on Liam.

21 hours ago, Salguodinmethven. said:

Hard one to call this, Motherwell have done ok in Perth lately I think. Going for a draw here,so I know it won't happen, also please may we have a human,sober cameraman cause this game dearer than Peterheads effort ta.

For once wrong assumption correct result. Didn't see much of this today, to busy sawing logs in daylight hours but tried he's goals for second half and gave up as link was kak. Two minutes of sportcene highlights it is then. Fires roasting, beers are cold. Braw.

Very frustrating to see the same thing week after week. Across defence and midfield I think the system's working pretty well as we've dominated the majority of our matches and we rarely seem to come under much pressure at the back. I'm also really happy with how fit and sharp our team has looked this season. But surely it's time to try something different in the forward positions. May's having a strong season but continues to look very isolated a lot of the time and he's being asked to do way too much on his own. I really think we'd see May absolutely fly this season if we gave him a run with an actual strike partner. Whether it's Kane, Hendry or Melamed, what I want to see is one of them playing alongside May instead of coming off the bench to replace him.

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

He should be fined, heavily, by the club. Unsportsmanlike behaviour bringing the club into disrepute. There was no reason for the red mist to descend. Appalling. 

Public flogging as well? 

He tried to stop a quick kick out but made too hard a contact and stood on his Achilles nothing more hardly crime of the century.  

8 minutes ago, mainstand said:

When did Conway get injured, one of the papers said Murray got taken away in an ambulance at the end of the match, seems strange given he went off in first half, so could it have been Conway and not Murray the ambulance was for?

Conway was subbed off after taking a hand/arm to the face which caused a bloody nose. From the BBC:

"Meanwhile, Davidson's injury, along with a bloody nose for another of their key midfielders, former Scotland winger Craig Conway, will be a worry for St Johnstone ahead of the rematch in the cup next Saturday."

53 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Conway was subbed off after taking a hand/arm to the face which caused a bloody nose. From the BBC:

"Meanwhile, Davidson's injury, along with a bloody nose for another of their key midfielders, former Scotland winger Craig Conway, will be a worry for St Johnstone ahead of the rematch in the cup next Saturday."

I think they both had to go to hospital & was stated Conway had a broken nose.

On 11/22/2020 at 11:03 AM, Rob said:

Bryson should have got red for lashing out at the keeper. It was horrendous. Glad Ali didnt get red. Thought he made that challenge and took the card for the benefit of the team as it looked like Motherwell caught us on the break and it looked very dangerous. Ali new what he had to do there.

I wonder why sportscene  focused on Bryson & not sure they even showed the Well player elbowing Conway never mind debating if it should have been a pen.