Motherwell V St.Johnstone - League Cup 28th November

SaintJet

Wee break from the hurly burly of the league and free hit in mind eyes at a  shot at the quarter final for the illusive League Cup.

I think we will see some changes again - hopefully Kerr back. 

I'd like to see two strikers Kane and May start but I think I'm being optimistic.

I see Extra time and pens.

Edited by SaintJet
poor spelling

No reason we can't win this one.

Just need to keep playing the way we are. Maybe give Kane a start either alongside May or as loan striker. I am sure his minutes on the pitch to goals ratio is as good as Mays if you discount pens. He also pressurises centre Half's which will be required against Scotland's defenders.

I wonder what the pundits will predict this week. 9 games undefeated & they still predict us to get beat every week.

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

No reason we can't win this one.

Just need to keep playing the way we are. Maybe give Kane a start either alongside May or as loan striker. I am sure his minutes on the pitch to goals ratio is as good as Mays if you discount pens. He also pressurises centre Half's which will be required against Scotland's defenders.

I wonder what the pundits will predict this week. 9 games undefeated & they still predict us to get beat every week.

Amy Irons predicts that we will lose every single week. 

1 hour ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Probably bears a grudge when wee willie mclaren knocked her old man flying on the touchline wi a right hook when saints scored v Gretna back in the day!

Did she get a job cos of her old man’s contacts or on her own merit? I’ve no idea as I’ve never watched the 9 or whatever it’s called.

Guessing it's 4-4-2 today. Big chance for Callum Hendry to play up top with May. Probably the right move to give Tanser a rest and keep Booth match fit, plus he's better defensively in a back 4. I just hope that it's Spoony on the left and O'Halloran on the right, it's the only way it'll work.

Suspect McNamara got a knock on Tuesday, think there was at least 1 instance he went down, hopefully a few weeks rest will give him and Kerr the time to recover and get back fighting fit. 

Just now, Johnny B said:

Can't see it. CD will keep his back 3 and wingbacks. Why change the formation that worked well against Hibs

The simple answer to this, is we can't play the formation if we don't have the players available because of injury. 

If we were going to play a back 5, then Booth would be playing centreback and Tanser would be wingback. 

19 minutes ago, Widge said:

Guessing it's 4-4-2 today. Big chance for Callum Hendry to play up top with May. Probably the right move to give Tanser a rest and keep Booth match fit, plus he's better defensively in a back 4. I just hope that it's Spoony on the left and O'Halloran on the right, it's the only way it'll work.

Suspect McNamara got a knock on Tuesday, think there was at least 1 instance he went down, hopefully a few weeks rest will give him and Kerr the time to recover and get back fighting fit. 

Never noticed  Danny Mac was missing. Can't see how we can play back 5 with the players we have available. Maybe O'Halleran at wingback.

4 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

CD may do that but it is a risk. And why move him when he played well against Hibs up front

O'Halloran won't be up front regardless in this game, because if he does we don't have enough players elsewhere. 

He's either at right wing back, or he's on the right of a midfield 4. Wotherspoon is our most creative attacker, is scoring, and creating. He won't be dumped to wing back because O'Halloran played sort of all right for one game.

Edited by RandomGuy