Motherwell V St.Johnstone - League Cup 28th November

SaintJet

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

We had a depleted side last week & drew with top 4 Hibs. Even more depleted this week & beat team predicted to be top 4.

If we had got the results we deserved we would have been top 4.

Hopefully now we have found our shooting boots,the only way is up.

Mikey was terrific today. Really impressed with Rooney’s pace too. 

I actually popped Motherwell on my Acca today when I saw our lineup. Delighted to have lost 

A few good displays today, but man of match for me has to b MOH. His energy to get to the ball and keep it in for both these goals to b scored was class. May did a power of running also never letting wells defence get to cocky on the ball. All round good performance although still a few slack passes especially early on I recall, but who cares we are now scoring and into the next round. Happy days. Beer.

4 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Throw in in Motherwell half and we play it back to the keeper

I was just thinking about throw ins  this season. It used to annoy me that prior to this season we used to lose the ball at most of our throw ins.

Don't think that's happening this season.

MoH's best performance of the season. Overall, didn't play brilliantly, but did enough considering the depleted squad. We are starting to build momentum. I would've like to have seen Melamed and perhaps Bryson come on towards the end. I think we need to ensure players aren't getting tired at this stage of the season.

In my opinion, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd are the teams we should be comparing ourselves with in the race for top 6, and it looks like we are winning that battle at the moment.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Either that or OF are drawn together which we know will not happen.

Aye highly unlikely, wonder when that last happened pre semi finals (without checking coz can't b arsed). If we get drawn against another premiership team I'd happily take st.mirren away tbh probably easier than likes of alloa. Sorry likely cursed it now:P

Irritated by the BBC qualifying our 10 game unbeaten run by mentioning our penalty shoot out loss to Dundee Utd.  This was for a bonus point only and did not change the result of the match which the mini league table lists as a draw.

In fact the whole penalty shoot out idea was a waste of time.  Not one team out of the 12 qualified by virtue of a bonus point. 

2 things from Saturdays game.

Loved the big hug Craig gave Hendry after his goal. The whole team was rooting for him.

No one else but Mikey could have reached the ball for the crosses for the goal.

His pace is phenominal.

Jason if fit will come back in I would imagine but would you drop Craig for Miss.

Danny Mac is one of my favourites but can you drop Mikey,also Rooney in the past couple of games has put more effective crosses in the box than Conway has the whole season.

Good options for Callum but hard decisions.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

2 things from Saturdays game.

Loved the big hug Craig gave Hendry after his goal. The whole team was rooting for him.

No one else but Mikey could have reached the ball for the crosses for the goal.

His pace is phenominal.

Jason if fit will come back in I would imagine but would you drop Craig for Miss.

Danny Mac is one of my favourites but can you drop Mikey,also Rooney in the past couple of games has put more effective crosses in the box than Conway has the whole season.

Good options for Callum but hard decisions.

More than happy for Conway not to come back into the team for a bit to be honest. I do worry that his fitness would really suffer if he was dropped but the team look more determined and energetic without him. More forward impetus. The same can be said for Tanser. I actually quite like him but we didn’t miss him on Saturday and the team looked more balanced.

Danny Mac is too good to leave out, and Mikey O’Halloran has to stay in on that form, he looked back to his old self. The jury is still out on Rooney for me but he looked to be getting up to speed against Motherwell and looks a decent option. Only droppable players from Motherwell game for me were Hendry and Craig.

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Mikey O’Halloran has to stay in on that form

I agree but where to play him.

We all know he is a winger as Saturday showed. But we do not play with wingers.

Most agree Danny is a better wing back so he cannot play there.

Against Hibs he played very well in the 10 role with 2 up. But will CD plat 2 up against celtic (I hope he does) but doubt it so that position is out.

For many seasons now we have seen that he is not a forward as we get nil return from him up front.

If we play our usual defensive formation 5-4-1 or 5-3-1-1 where does he fit in?