January 2021 Transfer Window

Linky

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

When is Melamed til ?.

We haven't seen too much of him but CD hasn't used him much & not been to impressed.

I wonder if he would be open to terminating his contract & returning home  as he is bound to be homesick & sick of not getting a game.

He's contracted until the end of the season. Unless he's cripplingly unhappy I don't see why he wouldn't want to stick that out. If he gets a goal or two his situation here could turn around very quickly.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

He's contracted until the end of the season. Unless he's cripplingly unhappy I don't see why he wouldn't want to stick that out. If he gets a goal or two his situation here could turn around very quickly.

He played a great pass v Brechin (I know) and his shield and turn on the halfway line to win a free kick v Livi both show he can be clever. It might not be all about goals but involvement?

59 minutes ago, andrew said:

He played a great pass v Brechin (I know) and his shield and turn on the halfway line to win a free kick v Livi both show he can be clever. It might not be all about goals but involvement?

I agree he's shown some decent touches and there have been some signs that he's a good player - but I struggle to see him starting many matches for us and really making an impact unless he starts scoring a few goals.

7 hours ago, Linky said:

Then give him more playing time to help. At least in games that we've already won.

Or maybe he is struggling to adapt to life in Scotland? Have you wondered whether it is a combination of being away from home and the way the game is played in Scotland. Anyway Kane appears to have upped his game so possibly will not be a great loss if he disappears.

12 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Or maybe he is struggling to adapt to life in Scotland? Have you wondered whether it is a combination of being away from home and the way the game is played in Scotland. Anyway Kane appears to have upped his game so possibly will not be a great loss if he disappears.

Perhaps - I still think the solution is to give him game time, and increase that little by little. He could at least be brought on for the final few minutes of matches. If he was worth giving a contract to, then he's worth giving some game time to help him get up to speed. He can't adapt to the football here if he's not given the chance.

Having older players not such and issue if you can make 5 subs a game. We've also seen that we need a balanced squad in terms of ages. I think we have a good team this season, options in most areas. All down to converting our chances at the moment. Every week I hear the commentators on the radio saying May has to score there. He's a much better all round player than he was and works really hard so hopefully the goals wil come if we keep him in the box more.

17 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

We need to spend some money and bring in a goal keeper if we carry on defending like we are we will be in the Championship.next season.

Agree, although is it time to give Parish another chance?

Maybe getting rid of that stupid beard might help.

43 minutes ago, akuram said:

Agree, although is it time to give Parish another chance?

Maybe getting rid of that stupid beard might help.

No Parish is worse .

Don't think Sinclair is ready yet either.

Mind you Zander saved two pens to put us in cup semi final. Not a bad shot stopper but does not command his area or act as sweeper / keeper.

Edited by Cagey