January 2021 Transfer Window

Linky

6 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Been saying for a year that we need a keeper. Having a solid keeper might actually improve the defence somewhat too. 

It can’t be great playing in front of a guy that concedes almost every time the ball is on target unless it’s right at him. 

I think Clark has been given a big contract, and I can't see them going back on that by making him second choice. I do think he's a weak point though.

This window is massive, and I don't think the club understand that.

We virtually didn't bother with the Summer window (Rooney the only long term signing and he was signed in January), so we're now ina situation where Ali McCann is our only CM under 32, and we've no wingers under 30.

You can't rebuild your squad in one window, so building for next season has to happen next month, or all we're doing as allowing pressure to build up.

17 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

This window is massive, and I don't think the club understand that.

We virtually didn't bother with the Summer window (Rooney the only long term signing and he was signed in January), so we're now ina situation where Ali McCann is our only CM under 32, and we've no wingers under 30.

You can't rebuild your squad in one window, so building for next season has to happen next month, or all we're doing as allowing pressure to build up.

Not being funny or disrespectful of your opinion 

But .Are you suggesting you know more about running the Club than the people running the Club!?Wow!!Get yourself up to Mcdiarmid,perhaps they could use your skills. 

21 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

But .Are you suggesting you know more about running the Club than the people running the Club!?Wow!!Get yourself up to Mcdiarmid,perhaps they could use your skills. 

Random probably does more research than most managers & seems to spend day & night on football related sites,so of course he thinks he knows better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55399539

I’d take Griffiths on a 6 month loan in January. I’d even agree to it if the terms were..

- He can be recalled at any time

- He must play X number of minutes

- He must start X number of games

- Can’t play against Celtic

We need goals, we need to stay up!!!

6 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Don't worry, nobodies more aware of what a pointless, irrelevant, arsehole I am than me.

I think, even in this scenario, Griffiths is out of our league. If they did want to loan him out, which I'm not sure they would, I expect he would go to an English Championship club.

In a way, we have too many strikers! Unless we move out Kane or Melamed, I can't see us bringing anyone in. Would Rangers allow Greg Stewart to be loaned out on the cheap? They say they're looking for a 6 figure fee for him, which I can't see them getting.

I'm more keen on getting an older head in the centre of defence after recent performances. Our defenders are all developing into good players, but sometimes it feels like we need an older voice to settle things down. I also think we need some back up on the left wing.

51 minutes ago, Linky said:

I think, even in this scenario, Griffiths is out of our league. If they did want to loan him out, which I'm not sure they would, I expect he would go to an English Championship club.

In a way, we have too many strikers! Unless we move out Kane or Melamed, I can't see us bringing anyone in. Would Rangers allow Greg Stewart to be loaned out on the cheap? They say they're looking for a 6 figure fee for him, which I can't see them getting.

I'm more keen on getting an older head in the centre of defence after recent performances. Our defenders are all developing into good players, but sometimes it feels like we need an older voice to settle things down. I also think we need some back up on the left wing.

If we were to loan or free a couple of forwards it would be Henrdy & Melamed.

Henrdy had a purple patch last season but has shown nothing this season. Don't think he did much when he was loaned out either.

Agree 100% about an experienced centre back. We have potentially the best 4 young centre backs in Premiership but their inexperience is causing the problems. That & having a keeper behind them that they know is not going to come off his line & attempt headers they should be leaving.

11 hours ago, Linky said:

Did speak to someone on Saturday who knows Greg and his family well and according to them he is not leaving Ibrox and was actually in the weekend squad. Personally would be surprised if they got the £500k, that they were talking about in the papers, with 6 months of his contract left. 

Could see him being loaned out to put him in the shop window. 

17 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

How do you know Kirsten is not Random in drag :shock::razz: Have you seen the 2 in the same room at the same time ?

On 12/22/2020 at 8:24 AM, Cagey said:

Good, now get rid of Melamed & Hendry. Also the goalkeeper coach & bring in Fraz or Ando as defence coach as Callum or Clelland as full backs don't know what is required from a centre back by the looks of it.

Either the goalkeeper coach or the goalkeeper.

Callum has a lot of work to do in the transfer window. Just hope he doesn't sign anyone on video referral.

I would be very concerned if we let Hendry go. It might be a 6 month loan gets his confidence back, but he had the potential last season to be our best striker. I wouldn't want to see that potential wasted just because he's having a rough time. Similarly, Melamed needs to be given a chance before his future is decided.

My preference would be to ship out Parish, and bring someone who can really push Clark for the goalkeeper role. Given Clark is a reasonably high earner, I can't see us signing anyone who is going to be on a first team wage. Therefore - whilst it's not a great option - I'd suggest taking Zlamal from Hearts on loan.

The problem is that, I'm not really sure what else we can bring in. Given the lockdowns, it's not easy for players to move around. The budget is unclear, as we could find ourselves in a very different position depending on vaccinations, new variants of the virus and so on. The answer from fans is always 'get rid of x and bring in someone good'. In reality, and particularly in the current climate, doing either of these is very difficult. We might often be looking to the teams above us to bring in players on the fringes of their squads (e.g. Bryson from Aberdeen), but all teams are running with tight squads at the moment, and concerned about players being out due to covid.