January 2021 Transfer Window

Linky

43 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Transfer window been open for over 12 hours and we still have not signed anybody!!!!

Our moves will be towards the end of January i reckon although maybe one earlier to replace Danny and possibly short term possible to cover Tanser depending on how long he is to be out

There's no way we'd be as drastic as that. I could possibly see Melamed going home, Hendry going out on loan.

Coming in - Brown from Millwall on loan, perhaps a striker on loan?

I would hope we're looking towards next season already - a lot of players out of contract, we need to get pre-contracts signed up early.

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Will have to unload a few first. Melamed,Hendry ,Bryson & Conway.

Why would those players simply leave when they have contracts until the end of the season? And why would we want to ditch Hendry when we've seen what a good player he can be for us? Would it not be way more beneficial to work towards getting his form back up again? Personally I'd still like us to go with May and Hendry up front in the 3-5-2 that Tommy had introduced towards the end of last season. That would give us a strike pairing with a bit of support, and an extra central midfielder instead of loads of players getting in each other's way on the wings.

5 minutes ago, Center Half said:

Would doubt Bryson can play for anybody else this season ? so he will be here to the end! 

Correct, played for us and Aberdeen so can't play for another club.

He and Conway won't be leaving anyway. We have about 19 outfield players as it is so I'm not sure why we'd go for any less, especially when we've lost McNamara and have a total unknown coming in.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Correct, played for us and Aberdeen so can't play for another club.

He and Conway won't be leaving anyway. We have about 19 outfield players as it is so I'm not sure why we'd go for any less, especially when we've lost McNamara and have a total unknown coming in.

The best we will get will be our out on Loans  back!

3 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

James Brown on loan from Millwall confirmed until end of season when his contract with them runs out.

Replaces Danny Mac - hope he is as effective.

We will never know as he has not played much football so cannot be match fit. Callan does not play players who are not match fit ask Guy

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I take it you think the answer to our current predicament is to stick with Kane, May or Hendry then. I mean, I don’t blame you as it has served us very well so far.

No I never said that unless you have some weird form of reading style.

I am not convinced guy is the answer and I have no reason to think that he would do any better than any of the rest of the strikers. 

Do I think the strikers will come good - possibly but I think they need a bit of assistance from maybe a loanee. It's okay blaming strikers but our midfielders are not chipping in either with the goals we need. 

8 hours ago, mainstand said:

No I never said that unless you have some weird form of reading style.

I am not convinced guy is the answer and I have no reason to think that he would do any better than any of the rest of the strikers. 

Do I think the strikers will come good - possibly but I think they need a bit of assistance from maybe a loanee. It's okay blaming strikers but our midfielders are not chipping in either with the goals we need. 

Most teams get goals from midfield or defenders. We don't seem to be able to get a goal from open play or set pieces.

Don't have the answer but it looks like something has to change ,whether it is formation or training.

10 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I take it you think the answer to our current predicament is to stick with Kane, May or Hendry then. I mean, I don’t blame you as it has served us very well so far.

I'm not convinced that changing the strikers is the answer. Even before Melamed arrived I was sceptical about how beneficial it would be to bring in a new striker but stick with the same system. I think we'd get a lot more out of May and Hendry (both of whom have previously demonstrated an ability to score regularly) if we were to try playing more to their strengths.

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I'm not convinced that changing the strikers is the answer. Even before Melamed arrived I was sceptical about how beneficial it would be to bring in a new striker but stick with the same system. I think we'd get a lot more out of May and Hendry (both of whom have previously demonstrated an ability to score regularly) if we were to try playing more to their strengths.

This is it. When a team isn't scoring, the fans shout "bring in a striker who can score". If the system doesn't suit the players, then it's just not going to happen. We don't have the budget to bring in a player who can score out of nothing. May & Hendry have shown themselves to be good enough strikers when the tactics, etc. are right for them.

38 minutes ago, Linky said:

This is it. When a team isn't scoring, the fans shout "bring in a striker who can score". If the system doesn't suit the players, then it's just not going to happen. We don't have the budget to bring in a player who can score out of nothing. May & Hendry have shown themselves to be good enough strikers when the tactics, etc. are right for them.

Yet we’ve turned to a guy with only 19 Scottish Premier League goals in 7 years.

For those not too good at maths, that an average of 2.7 goals per season since his debut.