January 2021 Transfer Window

Linky

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Don't think Callum will bring anyone else in. Quoted as being happy with his squad.

He will recall a couple of youngsters but that will be it.

There will be no real income for the rest of this season so the biscuit tin will have to remain closed.

Don't think we will even see any pre contracts unless we win next few games & look more secure.

Big bit on news about how hard it is for teams to get players in with Covid restrictions 

Brian Rice was main feature but Callum also commented 

Hamilton had 2 players coming in from England but pulled out because they would be away from family for undefined period due to Lockdown 

CD also said that it was difficult to see players in the flesh as not enough games to watch them in and a massive hint about signing Guy 

Words along the lines that videos were not allowed reliable but that's all you can go on to see players 

So apart from. Brown we might not see anyone from down south 

Probably be dealing nearer to home if at all

I read some where that Robertson and Ballantine being recalled and the Ballantine would be loaned out again but not sure about Robertson 

11 hours ago, Linky said:

These are strange times. Holt left Rangers for Livi. It always depends on who is making an offer, where family live, etc.

Manager in the paper today saying the budget is being cut next season, we can only afford loans this window, and he's struggling to get the chairman to offer new deals to existing players...

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Manager in the paper today saying the budget is being cut next season, we can only afford loans this window, and he's struggling to get the chairman to offer new deals to existing players...

Still think we made s bid for Brouphy ?.

11 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Words along the lines that videos were not allowed reliable but that's all you can go on to see players 

So apart from. Brown we might not see anyone from down south 

Probably be dealing nearer to home if at all

I read some where that Robertson and Ballantine being recalled and the Ballantine would be loaned out again but not sure about Robertson 

Could that first point be as a result of Melamed transfer?

Jordan Rhodes with a very unimpressive goal scoring record over the last 4 years being linked with QPR.

Greg Stewart, yet another with a very poor scoring record.

Finally Jason Cummings with an appallingly poor scoring record.

Why would we be after any of these overpriced failures in front of goal?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Are you talking about the interview in yesterday's Courier? Because in that one he said that the club's "already working behind the scenes to get four or five players tied up longer term" and that loan deals are more likely, but not necessarily all we can afford.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/1865587/st-johnstone-boss-callum-davidson-has-january-transfer-budget-but-long-term-uncertainty-casts-a-shadow/

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Are you talking about the interview in yesterday's Courier? Because in that one he said that the club's "already working behind the scenes to get four or five players tied up longer term" and that loan deals are more likely, but not necessarily all we can afford.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/1865587/st-johnstone-boss-callum-davidson-has-january-transfer-budget-but-long-term-uncertainty-casts-a-shadow/

The bit in the record today confirms what blueheaven is saying as well in that the chairman has told him the money is there. 

3 hours ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Jordan Rhodes with a very unimpressive goal scoring record over the last 4 years being linked with QPR.

Greg Stewart, yet another with a very poor scoring record.

Finally Jason Cummings with an appallingly poor scoring record.

Why would we be after any of these overpriced failures in front of goal?

These 3 players are probably out of our reach and above our level. I'd be absolutely delighted if we signed any of them. What striker do you expect us to be signing if a Scottish International who has scored almost 200 goals in the top two divisions in England isn't good enough for you?

To be honest, if we do sign a striker in the winter break I imagine it'll be someone more along the lines of Chris Long from Motherwell.

Edited by Linky

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

He's scored 18 league in the last 6 seasons.

Jordan Rhodes would be a huge signing for anyone outside of the OF. Greg Stewart and Cummings would be big singings for anyone outside of the top 4. I'm not quite sure who people are expecting us to sign. Sometimes it seems like people are on another planet (example - "at this stage, I think I'd accept Leigh Griffiths on loan")

47 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Are you honestly saying that signing Jordan Rhodes wouldn’t be an absolutely unbelievable coup that, at this stage, we could only dream of? Surely that’s not what you are saying???

Where did I say that?

I was merely pointing out his goal record.

40 minutes ago, tucker said:

Everyone  been on the drink not a chance in hell saints signing  Jordon Rhodes. The lads a completely different level  from us

Na nobody was saying that, he was brought up by a different poster about a different issue. He was being used to make a point elsewhere.

28 minutes ago, Linky said:

And 21 the season before that, and 25 the season before that, and 26 the season before that, and 35 the season before that, etc. etc.

That highlights my point, up until 2016 he was scoring for fun and since then he has averaged 3 or 4 goals a season so even if we could afford him would he be even remotely close to what we need?

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

And in doing so, insinuating that he wouldn’t be the answer to our goal scoring woes. Or have I got that wrong aswell. Maybe you could indulge us as to why you pointed out his recent goalscoring trend?

Because everyone is desperate for us to replace our 3 goals a season striker, and moaning about "pensioners" like Bryson and Conway being signed, yet simultaneously wanting us to pay out what would be our largest ever wage on an over 30 striker who averages 3 goals a season over the past 6 seasons.

But yes, it's me who's being illogical, Jordan Rhodes was highly rated a decade ago and people recognise his name, so let's sign him.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Because everyone is desperate for us to replace our 3 goals a season striker, and moaning about "pensioners" like Bryson and Conway being signed, yet simultaneously wanting us to pay out what would be our largest ever wage on an over 30 striker who averages 3 goals a season over the past 6 seasons.

But yes, it's me who's being illogical, Jordan Rhodes was highly rated a decade ago and people recognise his name, so let's sign him.

You’ve lost the plot... or getting worse at trolling 

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz