January 2021 Transfer Window

Linky

2 hours ago, Linky said:

And 21 the season before that, and 25 the season before that, and 26 the season before that, and 35 the season before that, etc. etc.

He's not scored over 20 goals in a season since 2014/15.

Should we go out and sign Brian Graham because he made it to double figures for us that season too? Or is the preceeding 6 years more relevant?

He'd be an absolute massive gamble considering how shit he's been in front of goal in that timeframe.

Folk are literally only suggesting him because they've heard of him before, and it makes the over the top criticism from the exact same people who've spent months mewling about Bryson and Conway signing genuinely hilarious.

Edited by RandomGuy

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Should we go out and sign Brian Graham because he made it to double figures for us that season too? Or is the preceeding 6 years more relevant?

He'd be an absolute massive gamble considering how shit he's been in front of goal in that timeframe.

Folk are literally only suggesting him because they've heard of him before, and it makes the over the top criticism from the exact same people who've spent months mewling about Bryson and Conway signing genuinely hilarious.

Conway and Bryson are 4 and 5 years his senior. If the average outfield players prime career is 15 years, Rhodes is only 2/3 the way through his while Bryson and Conway are playing the last year or two of theirs.

Im all for starting debate but you just stir up sh** pointlessly.

Bottom line, Jordan Rhodes is only 30, is a proven goalscorer, would start week in week out for any Premiership team outside of Rangers and Celtic and would easily hit double figures in this league.

Comparing him to Bryson or Conway and saying people only know him because they recognise the name, is insulting the intelligence of posters on this forum.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Because everyone is desperate for us to replace our 3 goals a season striker, and moaning about "pensioners" like Bryson and Conway being signed, yet simultaneously wanting us to pay out what would be our largest ever wage on an over 30 striker who averages 3 goals a season over the past 6 seasons.

But yes, it's me who's being illogical, Jordan Rhodes was highly rated a decade ago and people recognise his name, so let's sign him.

Actually I just gave a list of a few players who were free agents in the summer. I'm not suggesting that we pay 'our largest ever wage' on anyone at all. However, given the restrictions we have and the situation we're in, signing someone highly rated a decade ago is not necessarily the worst option in the world. 

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Do you honestly not think there is a difference between Rhodes scoring 21 goals in the English championship in 14/15 and Brian Graham scoring 9 goals for us SPL in the same season? 

We don't have the money to sign someone who is banging in the goals every week in the English Championship (or League 1, or probably League 2 for that matter). It's not unreasonable to take a punt - theoretically - on someone who has played at a good level, but has struggled for the last few seasons. 

This is all irrelevant as we're not going to sign him. I literally just said that I noticed he was free in the summer.

Edited by Linky

8 minutes ago, Linky said:

Do you honestly not think there is a difference between Rhodes scoring 21 goals in the English championship in 14/15 and Brian Graham scoring 9 goals for us SPL in the same season? 

I think 6 seasons in a row worth of struggling to score is more relevant that what came before it, especially for someone who is now older than 30.

2 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Would leave us with only Booth and no cover. So that would have to be addressed  first 

Yeah but a fee would allow us to bring a couple of players in. If Booth got injured or banned I am sure McCart could do a job there for a couple of games & we might go 4 are the back.

I imagine there might be quite a few players looking for moves closer to home after this past year. Tanser's presumably had to go the majority of the year without being able to see family/friends from back home. If he can move back south and get a pay rise in the process it's probably a no-brainer for him.

I've always liked Tanser - good player who's contributed a lot more than I probably expected when he first signed for us. Think he takes some unfair stick on here at times. He's not irreplaceable on his own but the worry comes if multiple players start making the same decision.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I imagine there might be quite a few players looking for moves closer to home after this past year. Tanser's presumably had to go the majority of the year without being able to see family/friends from back home. If he can move back south and get a pay rise in the process it's probably a no-brainer for him.

I've always liked Tanser - good player who's contributed a lot more than I probably expected when he first signed for us. Think he takes some unfair stick on here at times. He's not irreplaceable on his own but the worry comes if multiple players start making the same decision.

Perfectly sumed up bluehaven.

18 minutes ago, akuram said:

All our relegation rivals seem to be recruiting but from us nothing. Do we want relegation?

Eh?

We replaced a loanee with a loanee, same as Motherwell have done. Hamilton have signed nobody, and Ross County have signed 2 players who haven't kicked a ball in almost a year.