January 2021 Transfer Window

Linky

4 hours ago, tucker said:

Love this just picking names out of a hat. naismith and Rhodes  are on big money something saints dont pay.come on guys lets get realistic on here.

If you could get in touch with Callum Davidson and tell him to stop showing interest in Naismith because you don't think it's realistic, I'm sure he'd be very appreciative.

4 hours ago, tucker said:

Love this just picking names out of a hat. naismith and Rhodes  are on big money something saints dont pay.come on guys lets get realistic on here.

Big money players examples like Alan Kernigan, Jody Morris and Michael Dueberry, hardly likely to see them in a Saints shirt - mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I assume, due to Brexit and the new points-based system we won't be able to extend Melamed's contract past the summer anyway. He has played no international matches, he came from a league which isn't high in FIFA rankings, from a club that didn't play in European Competitions, and - even if he plays every game until the end of the season - possibly won't have played enough games for us. He's also a bit stuffed because he can't sign for another team in the UK, so can't look to impress another team.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

I assume, due to Brexit and the new points-based system we won't be able to extend Melamed's contract past the summer anyway. He has played no international matches, he came from a league which isn't high in FIFA rankings, from a club that didn't play in European Competitions, and - even if he plays every game until the end of the season - possibly won't have played enough games for us. He's also a bit stuffed because he can't sign for another team in the UK, so can't look to impress another team.

Might all be changed due to Brexit as you say, but is there still a panel of people that has to judge these things when it comes to football? I still fondly remember when they decided that Jason Scotland couldn't stay with Dundee Utd but could sign for us. :D

7 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Might all be changed due to Brexit as you say, but is there still a panel of people that has to judge these things when it comes to football? I still fondly remember when they decided that Jason Scotland couldn't stay with Dundee Utd but could sign for us. :D

I think it's now going to be strictly managed on a points based system: international matches, league the player is signings from, level of the club he's signing from, etc. etc. I don't think Melamed would get any points based on this. Is there leeway for those who are already in the country?

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I hope Callum has a replacement for Tanser lined up. Probably the only addition to the squad we will get.

I think Tanser will re sign 

All this shite about Sunderland is probably Agent pushing his client for better deal or made up shite in the Sun

Which ever one you believe 

I'm pretty sure we will see him agreeing a deal soon 

The grass isn't always greener..