January 2021 Transfer Window

Linky

St Johnstone close in on a new signing - and he might go straight into Saturday's Betfred Cup semi-final with Hibernian at Hampden. (Courier)

Who could it be? He must not be cup tied does that suggest someone from down south. And which position urgently needs to be filled. I thought all have been playing well.

8 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

St Johnstone close in on a new signing - and he might go straight into Saturday's Betfred Cup semi-final with Hibernian at Hampden. (Courier)

Who could it be? He must not be cup tied does that suggest someone from down south. And which position urgently needs to be filled. I thought all have been playing well.

Has to be a midfielder.

8 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

CD has a lot of contacts from down there and so you've got to be thinking a championship player - if he's being quoted as starting a cup semi he must be decent. Centre mid be would be my guess.

5 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

There's a bit on his background here. His dad used to play for Motherwell.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/charlie-gilmour-arsenal-bate-borisov-13683390

Went from there to Telstar for a season via Norwich and left a few months ago. Finished his trial McD so he must have been found the practice that they could not find for Guy. 

I know his great-aunt quite well. She told me he left Telstar last year, as they offered a contract but he wasn't sure that he wanted to live in Holland, and wanted to sign for a club in the UK. I suggested he contact Saints for a trial! Not sure if he did, or it's just coincidence.

Anyway, she now says he will sign in the next few days.

49 minutes ago, Linky said:

I know his great-aunt quite well. She told me he left Telstar last year, as they offered a contract but he wasn't sure that he wanted to live in Holland, and wanted to sign for a club in the UK. I suggested he contact Saints for a trial! Not sure if he did, or it's just coincidence.

Anyway, she now says he will sign in the next few days.

Released from Norwich by mutual agreement. Defensive midfielder . That is our main requirement.

Die hard Rangers fan but we probably have a few of them anyway

28 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Released from Norwich by mutual agreement. Defensive midfielder . That is our main requirement.

Would Gilmour not be required to isolate for 10 days if coming from England.

30 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Might be an idea for him to calm down a bit with all the pro-Sevco tweets if he ends up signing for Saints.

30 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Or he has gone to find another offer!

The silence is, once again, deafening unless we are responding to Lennon’s ramblings.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Yes, on loan at Telstar last year. I'm guessing it means Bryson is on his way out?

35 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Or he has gone to find another offer!

The silence is, once again, deafening unless we are responding to Lennon’s ramblings.

What do you want saints to be saying.

"Yes, we've taken Gilmour on trial, but at present we're not sure if we want to offer him a deal, so please if you're reading this from any other club feel free to nip in there in front of us. Better yet, speak to his agent and he'll let you know exactly what St Johnstone thought about him, so you don't even need to take him on trial, just offer him what he wants."

Why are people so obsessed about saints revealing every single bit of transfer dealings. It's almost as if we don't want it in the general media or to the attention of every other club in a bid to get deals over the line!