January 2021 Transfer Window

Linky

24 minutes ago, Linky said:

Apparently the Chairman has told Gilmour that we're looking for a striker rather than a midfielder. He's still training with the squad, but thinks it's unlikely he'll be offered a deal.

We have 4 strikers, 2 of which are starting to form a good partnership. Is this the Chairman pulling his usual stunts? If we wanted a striker, why did we bring him on trial?

I think we are more in need of a midfielder to supply the strikers. The 4 or 5 strikers we have should be good enough ,given decent service & some confidence.

I only want s striker who is 6ft plus ,good in the air & months ground. Won't hold my breath.

38 minutes ago, Linky said:

Apparently the Chairman has told Gilmour that we're looking for a striker rather than a midfielder. He's still training with the squad, but thinks it's unlikely he'll be offered a deal.

We have 4 strikers, 2 of which are starting to form a good partnership. Is this the Chairman pulling his usual stunts? If we wanted a striker, why did we bring him on trial?

Find that a bit strange as we have a Head of Football who would be involved with targets for positions the manager wants to fill.

48 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Glen Middleton on loan ,apparently 

39 minutes ago, saintcraigieboy said:

Was he on at hibs last season?

Yes to both.

Sun and Daily Record carrying story he is signing tomorrow on loan for rest of season

In squad for Aberdeen match but cannot feature in league cup final as cup tied already.

So does that mean there is another incoming who could still play in cup final as was hinted by Callum before semi final??

Edited by Templar Saint

51 minutes ago, saintcraigieboy said:

Was he on at hibs last season?

Dont remember him setting the heather on fire for Hibs  but Callum likes his wide men . Will he replace Spoony  & will MoH get back in the team ?.

I thought Steve was to have told Gilmour they wanted a striker. Hearsay though.

On 1/20/2021 at 7:10 AM, Johnny B said:

Am I correct and saying at this moment in time the following 10 players contracts expire this year and in this window can sign pre contracts with another club (should another club want them)

Strikers         May Kane Melamed 

Midfielders  Wotherspoon O'Halloran Craig Davidson Bryson Conway

Defenders    Tanser Rooney Booth

If so How long do we wait to offer new contracts? I have read we are discussing them with Wotherspoon and Tanser. That still leaves 8 players.

On Saturdays performance I hope we don't lose any on pre contracts.

I assume Middleton is back up for Wotherspoon? I think Davidson may have run out of patience with Hendry & MOH, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved on.

Not sure what is happening with Gilmour now. His signing suggested that Bryson was moving on, was there a snag in that deal which has held this up?

I would suggest both are the sorts of players we need: young, with great promise, but have lost their way.

Edited by Linky

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Everywhere I have read about his career has been attacking winger or forward. Booth is our cover at left wingback. Unless CD hopes to convert him to wingback as he tried with MOH

He is under contract at Ibrox til summer 2023 so must have been well thought of when signed.

Only lasted from August to October at Hibs & was returned to Rangers & on to Bradford where he didn't do much.

A bit of a worry but I did see him in a Europa game & he looked good. Fingers crossed.

11 hours ago, Linky said:

I assume Middleton is back up for Wotherspoon? I think Davidson may have run out of patience with Hendry & MOH, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved on.

Not sure what is happening with Gilmour now. His signing suggested that Bryson was moving on, was there a snag in that deal which has held this up?

I would suggest both are the sorts of players we need: young, with great promise, but have lost their way.

Bryson can not move on this season to play for anyone anyway, he has already played for two teams, so doubt he will be the one to move!

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Celtic get £10 million for Fringpong . WTF.

Wonder if Ralston will get a place.

I think tehy are saying in excess of £10m some talk of £12m. He was not even getting a regular game so converting £300k into at least £7m after Man City get their cut is cracking business.