January 2021 Transfer Window

Linky

9 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

He’s just no worth ten million quid though is he. Obscene!!

Totally agree, the funniest thing is seeing Rangers fans comparing him to Tavernier and saying he must be worth £25m. The logic escapes me, £10m for a 20 year old who they obviously think has potential to £25m for a 30 year old who would probably last one contract left in him. No club in there right mind would do it.

8 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Totally agree, the funniest thing is seeing Rangers fans comparing him to Tavernier and saying he must be worth £25m. The logic escapes me, £10m for a 20 year old who they obviously think has potential to £25m for a 30 year old who would probably last one contract left in him. No club in there right mind would do it.

Don’t ever waste your time/energy trying to understand Rangers or Celtic fans ;)

16 hours ago, Cagey said:

Celtic get £10 million for Fringpong . WTF.

Really goes to demonstrate how just much a player's price is influenced by the club they play for. If exactly the same player was playing for any Scottish club outside the OF, they'd be lucky to get a tenth of that fee.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Really goes to demonstrate how just much a player's price is influenced by the club they play for. If exactly the same player was playing for any Scottish club outside the OF, they'd be lucky to get a tenth of that fee.

Yeah, Celtic seem to get a few quid selling on. Van Dyke & Forster went on to justify the transfer fee .Not too many others I can think of.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Yeah, Celtic seem to get a few quid selling on. Van Dyke & Forster went on to justify the transfer fee .Not too many others I can think of.

Interesting to see that Frimpong is in another country discussing a move. Wonder if that means isolation on return.

1 hour ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

It would be quite funny if he completes the deal then comes back to tie things up here and gets stuck in isolation.

it seems to be that under the rules for elite sportsman he would not need to isolate. Tuchel flies in form Germany tomorrow and will be cleared to take up the role as Chelsea manager under this rule. 

58 minutes ago, Linky said:

The rumour I heard is that we tried to get Jones & Stewart on loan from Rangers. Both said no, so we're going for Middleton and Gilmour instead. Although this would suggest we're still in the market for a striker perhaps?

From what I have been told there has been a bid to get Stewart from just about every team in the league except Celtic. 

Looks like he will see his contract out at rangers. 

20 hours ago, mainstand said:

I think tehy are saying in excess of £10m some talk of £12m. He was not even getting a regular game so converting £300k into at least £7m after Man City get their cut is cracking business. 

Might be lucky and get the lot.  Do Man City worry about their petty cash tin?

20 hours ago, Linky said:

The rumour I heard is that we tried to get Jones & Stewart on loan from Rangers. Both said no, so we're going for Middleton and Gilmour instead. Although this would suggest we're still in the market for a striker perhaps?

No truth in that at all I'm afraid.

Edited by double deluxe

On 1/12/2021 at 4:44 PM, Cagey said:

Random will be interested that Rangers are interested in signing Scott Wright. 

Watched Scott Wright last night ,,did a couple of good moves but pretty annonomous.

Not sure why Rangers want him think he will end up like Jones & Stewart etc.

His bank balance will be better but his profile will be worse.