January 2021 Transfer Window

Linky

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

He’s got some pedigree, but he’s 33.
3 weeks off being match fit isn’t the end of the world, we waiting about 6 years for Melamed and that ended ok.

Callum clearly thinks we need some more experience across the back line. Not sure how popular ousting one of our three well regarded young centre backs for a 33 year old would be. Arguably it could be more valuable for all involved if our “inexperienced” young guns played a full season as a trio and kept us up. Good for their value, confidence, relationships and for fans to see us putting trust in our youths. Another tough call for Callum.

Mind you, Michael Duberry was 33 when he signed for us.

He’s only just turned 33 in January. Not a massive concern for a centre half 

4 hours ago, McDiarmid Mole said:

Michael Mancienne training with the squad this morning. 

As we are playing with a back 3 we need cover for injury it makes sense  to sign him until the end of the season if the funds are available

Edited by Johnny B

25 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Good to see him hopefully getting s chance but probably fill a seat on the bench.

Del needs to fill spaces with Cosgrove & Wright going.

Anderson to Hamilton may be bad news for us.

Why? He’s absolutely awful and hasn’t even managed to score goals at Championship level. If we’re worrying about Bruce Anderson then somethings gone horribly wrong. 

Then again I’d never expect a ridiculous over reaction with no basis from you....

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Good to see him hopefully getting s chance but probably fill a seat on the bench.

Del needs to fill spaces with Cosgrove & Wright going.

Anderson to Hamilton may be bad news for us.

I think the fact that they are letting Anderson go out on loan at a time when they have virtually no strikers and are looking to bring 3 in on loan deal, shows that Del does not think much of him. 

34 minutes ago, Widge said:

Why? He’s absolutely awful and hasn’t even managed to score goals at Championship level. If we’re worrying about Bruce Anderson then somethings gone horribly wrong. 

Then again I’d never expect a ridiculous over reaction with no basis from you....

Over reaction? . What's wrong with wanting one of our players to do well. He was good for us last season so hopefully a change might bring out the best in him. As for Anderson , the comment was he MIGHT just give them the options they never had before.

7 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Over reaction? . What's wrong with wanting one of our players to do well. He was good for us last season so hopefully a change might bring out the best in him. As for Anderson , the comment was he MIGHT just give them the options they never had before.

Nice attempt at deflection, you know fine well it was your last sentence, since that’s what you’ve decided to argue. Explain to me why a player who’s never shown anything at Championship level joining Hamilton is bad news for saints? We shouldn’t we concerned with other teams, if we play our game and our players we’re far superior. 

16 minutes ago, Widge said:

Nice attempt at deflection, you know fine well it was your last sentence, since that’s what you’ve decided to argue. Explain to me why a player who’s never shown anything at Championship level joining Hamilton is bad news for saints? We shouldn’t we concerned with other teams, if we play our game and our players we’re far superior. 

I think I explained .I said he MIGHT give them the options they never had before . That might push them on which would be bad for us. Don't honestly think it will but I like putting things out there.

By the way I thought your absolutely awful comment was about Hendry. Sorry.

Edited by Cagey

2 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Are the lights still on at McD for any late transfer business??

They are actually! Was passing a wee while ago. :laugh:

I suspect we will bring another forward player in. If we are letting Calumn go, Davidson will need to bring someone in going by him saying we needed an extra striker when we brought Guy in.

I suspect it will possibly be either a loan or an out of contract player that doesnt need to be signed tonight. Maybe Stewart from Rangers on 6 month loan.....

I suppose right now he has more game time potential at Aberdeen if they have Hornby, Hendry and maybe Main. If Kamberi comes in he goes further down the line and really just becomes what this season has turned out for him....a bench filler. Thought he'd be better going where he would be playing and (hopefully) scoring. Some where like Dunfermline, who are trying to get Wighton seemed ideal.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't bring in anyone to replace his position....be a little surprised to see any more new faces.

2 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Usually when you see something like this its a player leaving like Kennedy for example, that is moving on.

But this is a strange one with Aberdeen signing arguably our 4 th choice striker on loan..bit weird.

Aye not sure about this either wonder if it’s a loan with an option to buy at the end of it