January 2021 Transfer Window

Linky

18 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Usually when you see something like this its a player leaving like Kennedy for example, that is moving on.

But this is a strange one with Aberdeen signing arguably our 4 th choice striker on loan..bit weird.

Totally agree - strange - nonetheless hope the usual clause about not playing against the parent club is in place!

I am an optimist.

Edited by south inch

I don’t get this move .. surely if a player is needing games they go down a division 

I think Saints have agreed to the loan with the hope Aberdeen will sign him and we get a nominal fee! 

Saints aren’t a future club you need to keep your assets and make the most of them before they inevitably move on.  Doubt he’ll be back :sad:

You could write the script with this one... hope I am wrong 

Derek McInnes is no dummy so would not be taking Callum Hendry if he didn’t rate him. I am disappointed that he has left, but glad it’s just a loan deal. As I would be sick as a parrot if he starts scoring goals and we had let him go for free.

I remember reading that Willie Cunningham said he tricked Bobby Brown when signing Alex Ferguson from Saints in swap for Dan Maclindon , by mentioning other players first then saying oh well I would take Ferguson then as if he was doing Saints a favour. The upshot of this was he seemed to score against us every time we played Dunfermline including a hat trick at Muirton. Then sold to Rangers for £66,000.

Dan Maclindon scored Saints goal in 9 - 1 defeat to Rangers then a few weeks later transferred to Partick Thistle..

44 minutes ago, Linky said:

I can’t see why Aberdeen have gone for this....unless we’re getting someone from them in return?

McInnes is genuinely a big fan of Callum Hendry. The Callum Hendry deal was almost over the line in 2017 when McInnes made tentative enquiries about his potential availability.

Callum has seen Guy Melamed cement his place ahead of him in the pecking order, chapped on the gaffers door and said, “stick me on the loan market if I’m not in your plans this season.”

Callum says “aye, no bother”, someone tells McInnes, McInnes needs a striker. Done deal!

7 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

McInnes is genuinely a big fan of Callum Hendry. The Callum Hendry deal was almost over the line in 2017 when McInnes made tentative enquiries about his potential availability.

Callum has seen Guy Melamed cement his place ahead of him in the pecking order, chapped on the gaffers door and said, “stick me on the loan market if I’m not in your plans this season.”

Callum says “aye, no bother”, someone tells McInnes, McInnes needs a striker. Done deal!

Hendrys said Matty Kennedy played a part in taking him to Aberdeen, so maybe him who alerted McInnes?