January 2021 Transfer Window

Linky

6 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Hendry is under contract so we won't lose out here. If McInnes magically coaches him into the next Harry Kane then he'll be like a new player OR Aberdeen/someone else have to pay what we want. 

Swap deal for next season? Matty returns :cool:

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I disagree. His development has gone backwards this season and from what I've seen I put that down to how he's been used. He started the season as first choice striker but was played on his own with no support so was having to chase the ball all over the pitch instead of playing the role that we saw him excel in last season. For me he played well in those early games, but as soon as May came back to fitness Hendry lost his place in the team because there was only space for one of them. It's basically been a struggle for him ever since. For most of this season we've adopted a system that quite simply doesn't suit any of the four strikers we have. May and Hendry showed last season that they can play well together, and I believe we'd have more points on the board now if we'd played them together in the early stages of this season.

I agree with the second half of your post though.

Tbf Hendry was fluffing chances this season, not his fault but we needed a clinical striker and we wsnt taking his chances.

May came in and did so, had a stormer v Hamilton, then Kane came in and took his chance, and now Melamed taking his. 

All 4 strikers have had chances, Hendrys time likely would've come around again, but the red cards have likely hindered him in the managers eyes.

If he can't play on his own up front then I've no idea why Aberdeen are the club he's moved to.

8 minutes ago, Tricky6 said:

What will happen with Hendry when MacInnes gets sacked tomorrow?....LAUGH OUT LOUD

Aberdeen having a nightmare against Livi. I can see why they want Hendry, no idea how they are so far up the league because they are worse than us. Saints will need to up their game against Livi.

8 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

How does that work then? We didn’t get to know until late last night so how come he managed to be signed in time to play, or is that just for permanent transfers?

Transfers are simple when it’s inside the same football association I’m sure, as all the documentation is already in place. 

Edited by Pat McGroin

10 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I don't think he even got a yellow according to Radio Scotland anyway. 

You're right.  Mind you he seems to have been unlucky not to start, Kamberi is still waiting for clearance to play and the Hornby guy has hardly kicked a ball for months a fact he emphasised as soon as he got on the park.

So just some thoughts!

Who was the 'oven-ready 'player that was supposed to be coming to at least be on the bench for League Cup Semi?

We may never find out!

Are we still after him?

Is Tanser playing games through agent and wanting away?or paper talk?

My money is on paper talk and him signing soon

Wotherspoon says he was delighted to extend and talks have been going on for ages!

If he loves the club and no question of him not signing,Why did it take months to sort?

What is the craick with Hendry going to Aberdeen?.My theory is he will definitely be back but has been allowed to go so Callum can allow John Robertson some games as No 4 striker

Thoughts?

16 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

So just some thoughts!

Who was the 'oven-ready 'player that was supposed to be coming to at least be on the bench for League Cup Semi?

We may never find out!

Are we still after him?

Is Tanser playing games through agent and wanting away?or paper talk?

My money is on paper talk and him signing soon

Wotherspoon says he was delighted to extend and talks have been going on for ages!

If he loves the club and no question of him not signing,Why did it take months to sort?

What is the craick with Hendry going to Aberdeen?.My theory is he will definitely be back but has been allowed to go so Callum can allow John Robertson some games as No 4 striker

Thoughts?

Tanser has signed with a new agent based down south. Same agent as Melamed so there must be a link. 

10 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

So just some thoughts!

We may never find out!

Are we still after him?

Maybe it was Middleton?

10 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Just because he loves the club doesn't mean he's not going to want his agent to negotiate the best possible deal. These things take time. Good for him in getting a deal he's happy with.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Tbf Hendry was fluffing chances this season, not his fault but we needed a clinical striker and we wsnt taking his chances.

May came in and did so, had a stormer v Hamilton, then Kane came in and took his chance, and now Melamed taking his. 

All 4 strikers have had chances, Hendrys time likely would've come around again, but the red cards have likely hindered him in the managers eyes.

If he can't play on his own up front then I've no idea why Aberdeen are the club he's moved to.

I honestly can't remember Hendry fluffing many chances, but maybe you're right. I remember him being quite unlucky, especially with the goal he scored that was incorrectly ruled out.

I didn't have an issue with May coming in once he was fit, but I felt May and Hendry should have played together - I still do.

20 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I honestly can't remember Hendry fluffing many chances, but maybe you're right. I remember him being quite unlucky, especially with the goal he scored that was incorrectly ruled out.

I didn't have an issue with May coming in once he was fit, but I felt May and Hendry should have played together - I still do.

Not a chance that was fluffed but the disallowed header vs Hibs earlier in the season seemed to knock his confidence a bit. It was telling that when we got the penalty vs Brechin in the 7-0 game Hendry got it, presumably to get a goal and get some confidence back. 

I think May/Hendry at the time would have been a good pairing but if you're not scoring goals you shouldn't be a first pick. Confidence is a bit thing with strikers in the modern game - Kane / Melamed are both playing with a lot more confidence and hunger now. Even May coming off the bench at Rugby Park was missing that edge.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

He missed a couple of headers from within 12 yards, away to Motherwell and at home v someone (St Mirren?).

May then came in I'm sure and scored 2 v Hamilton and set up another.

Then Kane came in and started scoring, then Melamed came in.

Hendry got chances off the bench, but responded by getting sent off twice and posing no goal threat. He would've got more chances but clearly wanted to move on.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

He missed a couple of headers from within 12 yards, away to Motherwell and at home v someone (St Mirren?).

May then came in I'm sure and scored 2 v Hamilton and set up another.

Then Kane came in and started scoring, then Melamed came in.

Hendry got chances off the bench, but responded by getting sent off twice and posing no goal threat. He would've got more chances but clearly wanted to move on.

Agree his sending offs were dumb, but what makes you think he wants to leave us, just attitude in general?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 7:28 PM, Widge said:

Why? He’s absolutely awful and hasn’t even managed to score goals at Championship level. If we’re worrying about Bruce Anderson then somethings gone horribly wrong. 

Then again I’d never expect a ridiculous over reaction with no basis from you....

Anderson seems to be making a difference at Hamilton. Also had a great game against Rangers last week.