Linky

January 2021 Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, tucker said:

Love this just picking names out of a hat. naismith and Rhodes  are on big money something saints dont pay.come on guys lets get realistic on here.

Naismith isn't on any money at the minute!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tucker said:

Love this just picking names out of a hat. naismith and Rhodes  are on big money something saints dont pay.come on guys lets get realistic on here.

If you could get in touch with Callum Davidson and tell him to stop showing interest in Naismith because you don't think it's realistic, I'm sure he'd be very appreciative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tucker said:

Love this just picking names out of a hat. naismith and Rhodes  are on big money something saints dont pay.come on guys lets get realistic on here.

Big money players examples like Alan Kernigan, Jody Morris and Michael Dueberry, hardly likely to see them in a Saints shirt - mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex Ferguson has extended his contract to 2022/3.

Was impressed by him in his 10 mins or so against Brechin.

I think Saints were going to loan him out but with no football below Championship I doubt if that will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume, due to Brexit and the new points-based system we won't be able to extend Melamed's contract past the summer anyway. He has played no international matches, he came from a league which isn't high in FIFA rankings, from a club that didn't play in European Competitions, and - even if he plays every game until the end of the season - possibly won't have played enough games for us. He's also a bit stuffed because he can't sign for another team in the UK, so can't look to impress another team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Linky said:

I assume, due to Brexit and the new points-based system we won't be able to extend Melamed's contract past the summer anyway. He has played no international matches, he came from a league which isn't high in FIFA rankings, from a club that didn't play in European Competitions, and - even if he plays every game until the end of the season - possibly won't have played enough games for us. He's also a bit stuffed because he can't sign for another team in the UK, so can't look to impress another team.

Might all be changed due to Brexit as you say, but is there still a panel of people that has to judge these things when it comes to football? I still fondly remember when they decided that Jason Scotland couldn't stay with Dundee Utd but could sign for us. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Might all be changed due to Brexit as you say, but is there still a panel of people that has to judge these things when it comes to football? I still fondly remember when they decided that Jason Scotland couldn't stay with Dundee Utd but could sign for us. :D

I think it's now going to be strictly managed on a points based system: international matches, league the player is signings from, level of the club he's signing from, etc. etc. I don't think Melamed would get any points based on this. Is there leeway for those who are already in the country?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Would he even be missed.??

Yes, although I think Booth is a very able replacement and will improve with regular football too. If someone offered a small fee in take him in January, I think we should accept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Would he even be missed.??

Not after that miss against United.

Would be quite happy for him to stay as wing back but not full back.

If we can get decent money for him though I would be happy to see him go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Not after that miss against United.

Would be quite happy for him to stay as wing back but not full back.

If we can get decent money for him though I would be happy to see him go.

Good Union Official covers all options.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I hope Callum has a replacement for Tanser lined up. Probably the only addition to the squad we will get.

I think Tanser will re sign 

All this shite about Sunderland is probably Agent pushing his client for better deal or made up shite in the Sun

Which ever one you believe 

I'm pretty sure we will see him agreeing a deal soon 

The grass isn't always greener..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...