Linky

January 2021 Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

Don't think we need much in the January transfer window back up for booth if tanser is injured longer term,a winger I'd be very happy , like to see Liam playing more saints play well with himself and McCann in the middle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tucker said:

Don't think we need much in the January transfer window back up for booth if tanser is injured longer term,a winger I'd be very happy , like to see Liam playing more saints play well with himself and McCann in the middle

Wish I had your confidence.

Losing Danny. We don't know much about Brown but doubt if he could lace Danny's boots.

Not sure what's happening with Tanser as no updates from club but didn't look good.

Bryson, Conway & Melamed are a waste of wages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 12:57 PM, Linky said:

 

I've heard good things about Laurent Robert's son at Airdrie, but I'm not sure what position he plays - a potential Wotherspoon back-up? If Hamilton look like they're going down, I've always like David Templeton, but he's injury prone.

Apparently the OF are interested in Robert now. Should've listened to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2020 at 5:56 PM, Cagey said:

Wish I had your confidence.

Losing Danny. We don't know much about Brown but doubt if he could lace Danny's boots.

Not sure what's happening with Tanser as no updates from club but didn't look good.

Bryson, Conway & Melamed are a waste of wages.

So you don't know anything about Brown but you have already made your mind up. 

Not sure on your assessment of the 3 mentioned don't see what they have done wrong to gain your assessment. 

Melamed could do with games but very difficult as bounce games are probably a no no at present 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, mainstand said:

So you don't know anything about Brown but you have already made your mind up. 

Not sure on your assessment of the 3 mentioned don't see what they have done wrong to gain your assessment. 

Melamed could do with games but very difficult as bounce games are probably a no no at present 

 

 

 

Would have thought if Millwall thought Brown was as good as or better than Danny then they would not have been swapping places.

Melamed to be fair has not had a great deal of game time but what he has had has not convinced & if Callum saw anything in training he would have had more game time.

Bryson is just as shit as he was for Aberdeen & Conway started not too bad apart from his crosses & corners but has been poor lately & looks overweight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cagey said:

Would have thought if Millwall thought Brown was as good as or better than Danny then they would not have been swapping places.

Melamed to be fair has not had a great deal of game time but what he has had has not convinced & if Callum saw anything in training he would have had more game time.

Bryson is just as shit as he was for Aberdeen & Conway started not too bad apart from his crosses & corners but has been poor lately & looks overweight.

They did not see anything in Danny until he came up here and has developed with us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would agree that, on paper, swapping McNamara for Brown is a bad deal for us. However, Rooney now looks like a first-team player, so Brown is only back-up, anything better will be a bonus.

Might McInnes loan us Devlin, he hasn't played many minutes for Aberdeen this season. Or has he been injured? Another player low on minutes there is McGeouch. Have either played since the Corona suspension?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Goalkeeper.. Scott Bain for 6 months?
Winger.. Jordan Jones for 6 months?

The fact that Calum didn’t leave Zander out after the Rangers game I would be very surprised if he is looking to bring in another goalie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Goalkeeper.. Scott Bain for 6 months?
Winger.. Jordan Jones for 6 months?

I'd take both in a shot. Not sure what Celtic are thinking about goalkeepers, they don't seem happy with any of the 3 the have. It's possible they might move Bain on if they think Hazard is going to be second choice. I imagine they've decided Barkas isn't good enough and will be looking to move him on. Whether they do or not might be relevant to Bain's future.

I wonder whether other clubs will be in the queue before us for Jones, but it's worth a shout. Still think Middleton would be good (& cheap) back-up for Wotherspoon!

After Saturday's sending off I think Hendry will be away on loan. He needs the regular games and confidence that will bring. Strikers are hard to come by at the moment. Daniel Sturridge might be looking for a way back into football. He was banned for 4 months for betting in March and hasn't played since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be an important window and probably more highly pressured than any other January window we have had for a good while. Tommy was always one for doing down the Jan window suggesting that there isn't many good deals to be done and mainly desperate teams are out panic buying.

Our situation is a bit different as this will be Callum's first transfer window after playing a run of games. If he is to persist with the current system then I would hope he has players identified who can play it and also the ones who can not and need moved on. 

In saying that I am fully expecting the one out, one in patter again, which comes every window. Dreary stuff.

For all the chat at the end of last season of not missing Kennedy, I would suggest that is exactly what we are missing. A player that can make something happen and take on his man etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From CDs comments after the game it doesnt sound as if much if any business will be done. We still need the same thing we've needed all season and last few seasons. Someone that can finish clinically and get us the goals. We've got several strikers so cant see them adding to them at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

We have the smallest squad in the division, and couldnt afford Drey Wright.

No idea where we're finding the money for Bain/Jones even on loan.

Surely in terms of loans, it depends on how much the parent club are willing to continue to pay in terms of wages? I imagine we were paying a fraction of Holt's wage, as it was done at the last minute and Rangers were just happy to have a small chunk shaved off the wage bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...