Celtic V St.Johnstone - December 6th

SaintJet

Great result. This is a great point. Well done to the team and gameplan was spot on. We could have been on the end of a hammering today all things considered. 

Well done Kano on his goal.

Talk is that Lennon wont survive this.

Extends our great run, how are we only 8th!!! 

This may be a bit out there....but put scum fans in the park, the same teams and ref on the pitch and I think celtic win this game and saints see red cards. 

When they had close chances or saints put in hard tackles, theres no noise, so even though ref was dishing it out against us, I think its the lack of noise and drama helps saints quite a bit and pressure off Walsh and also Zander a bit.

Edited by Cleveland-Saint

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Great result. This is a great point. Well done to the team and gameplan was spot on. We could have been on the end of a hammering today all things considered. 

Well done Kano on his goal.

Talk is that Lennon wont survive this.

Extends our great run, how are we only 8th!!! 

Out of our hands what position we end up in now

5 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

In discussion with a friend Celtic made four subs in the game. Yes I know you are allowed five but only allowed to halt play on three occasions so does half time count or not.

No. You are only allowed 3 breaks in play so halftime does not count. Aberdeen I can remember did the same. 

21 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

No. You are only allowed 3 breaks in play so halftime does not count. Aberdeen I can remember did the same. 

Allowing 5 subs and 3 breaks only benefits teams with big squads, stupid rule. If you have big squads you should have plenty players for the busy schedule.

No doubt the formation that the Manager is employing means if someone drops out, or has to be replaced, is filled by a player who knows the role expected of them.

We will concede on occasions, so it's vital we find the net regularly.

Tanser had the much vaunted Frimpong under control.

Teams will hate playing against us.

Onwards and upwards.

C.o.y.s.

Thought Griffiths looked offside but obviously not deemed to be interfering.

Rules are along the lines of interfering with an opponent by:

• preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

Even though commentators said it was a great bit of skill, didnt seem like the header was an attempt at goal. Griffiths did seem to go for the ball but wasnt able to reach it. All open to interpretation I guess. It was jammie but delighted with the point no matter.