St.Johnstone V Livingston Saturday 12th December

SaintJet

On 12/11/2020 at 6:51 PM, RandomGuy said:

I've seen Bryson thread 3 balls in behind defences from a central position. 

I've never once seen that from McCann or Davidson.

Yet Bryson is "indirect and predictable" on the ball?

On 12/12/2020 at 8:27 AM, Pat McGroin said:

Honestly I think he’s the best we’ve had in midfield on the ball at St Johnstone since Jody Morris. 

It’s funny how we all see things differently! 

Just out of interest, how many games has Bryson started and we have won? In actual fact, how many winning appearances has he made in a St.Johnstone shirt?

19 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

The second goal was definitely caused by May being robbed of the ball!

A wee bit unfair surely, most goals result from a mistake of some sort and as been said above May was well away from our goal at the point he was robbed.  If  a Saints' player was a bit off with a throw in at the opposition corner flag and the opposition then gained and retained possession and eventually scored would you blame the guy who took the throw?

3 minutes ago, south inch said:

If  a Saints' player was a bit off with a throw in at the opposition corner flag and the opposition then gained and retained possession and eventually scored would you blame the guy who took the throw?

If May lost the ball at the opposition corner flag, he would not get the blame. He lost it 5 yards inside our half

5 minutes ago, south inch said:

He would still be the guy who lost the ball to the opposition, at what point on the pitch would you decide a resultant goal was not his fault?

You would expect a player to take chance of going past opposition players in last third but a bit risky in your own half when the rest of your team is moving forward.

To do it once & get caught it is fine but twice in 2 games is bad.

28 minutes ago, Cagey said:

You would expect a player to take chance of going past opposition players in last third but a bit risky in your own half when the rest of your team is moving forward.

To do it once & get caught it is fine but twice in 2 games is bad.

Stoap the bus here, have a look at the incident.  The Livi keeper hoofs the ball down the park, a Saints' defender heads the ball back towards May who is still in the Livi half.  He moves towards the ball with a Livi player up his backside, the ball bobbles as May tries to bring it under control only just in our half by this time, another Livi player is in front of him.  May still trying to control the ball with the first Livi man by now actually making body contact, tries to move away from trouble to his left at which point his close marker stabs his foot out and pushes the ball away.

At no point does May have the ball under control and even if he did there is no obvious pass, there are 3 Livi players in very close proximity.  He most certainly is not taking a chance to try and go past Livi players he is facing his own goal when the ball comes to him and is trying to turn away.  The whole incident takes 2 seconds at most.

19 minutes ago, south inch said:

Stoap the bus here, have a look at the incident.  The Livi keeper hoofs the ball down the park, a Saints' defender heads the ball back towards May who is still in the Livi half.  He moves towards the ball with a Livi player up his backside, the ball bobbles as May tries to bring it under control only just in our half by this time, another Livi player is in front of him.  May still trying to control the ball with the first Livi man by now actually making body contact, tries to move away from trouble to his left at which point his close marker stabs his foot out and pushes the ball away.

At no point does May have the ball under control and even if he did there is no obvious pass, there are 3 Livi players in very close proximity.  He most certainly is not taking a chance to try and go past Livi players he is facing his own goal when the ball comes to him and is trying to turn away.  The whole incident takes 2 seconds at most.

Dont get in the way of a good moan.

Looked like defenders caught out by the ball over for the 2nd goal. Wasnt as if May faffed and was tackled on the edge of the box, it was practically on the half way line when two of their players were putting pressure on him and no one to support. Not one players fault IMO. Highlights made it look like it was almost all Saints. Just looked a bit complacement for the goals.

Bizarre that people have decided to scapegoat May for the second goal. He was tackled in the middle of the pitch. It happens. He was at fault for losing the ball but it's a team game and he should have had more support from other players in blue. At that point how many Saints players were between him and our own goal? Probably 8 or 9? Our defence was caught napping, just like it was at the first goal. Livi were sharper than us when it came to capitalising on our mistakes and getting onto the ball first. I have to say, I think it's rare for that to be the case this season. For the most part in our games I'd say we've looked very sharp and alert. But Livi had clearly watched how we play and crowded out our key players so that we couldn't play our usual game. Fair play to them - they deserved the three points.

In hindsight I think Murray Davidson would have made a big difference if played from the start, but if he's not fit he's not fit.

On 12/13/2020 at 12:41 PM, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Just out of interest, how many games has Bryson started and we have won? In actual fact, how many winning appearances has he made in a St.Johnstone shirt?

Bryson has started 5 games and come off the bench 4 times.

Of those we have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 1.

Game started

W - I

D - III

L - I

Subbed On

W - III

D - I

L - 0

10 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Bryson has started 5 games and come off the bench 4 times.

Of those we have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 1.

Game started

W - I

D - III

L - I

Subbed On

W - III

D - I

L - 0

I hate these kind of stats as they include games like Brechin City, Kelty Hearts etc.

Edited by Johnny B

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 8:27 AM, Pat McGroin said:

Honestly I think he’s the best we’ve had in midfield on the ball at St Johnstone since Jody Morris. 

It’s funny how we all see things differently! 

On 12/12/2020 at 11:48 AM, David123 said:

I think people are judging Bryson on their thoughts before we signed him. An injury prone journeyman who would be a poor signing... his quality on the ball has been fantastic, energy levels to match young McCann rather than Craig. From what I’m aware he’s on a very minimal weekly wage with a good playing wage. Expect him to continue to be a solid addition.

How is everything at the Bryson love-in?

He should return whatever he got paid last night and get himself to f***.

He can take Conway with him. Pair of shitebags can lift share and go and play for a team like Dundee who have money to spraff on ageing once upon a time players.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 3:39 PM, south inch said:

Aw stop talking sense South Inch.