St.Johnstone V Livingston Saturday 12th December

SaintJet

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Doesn't matter. Losing the ball on the halfway line, when your defence is in place, shouldn't lead to a simple tap in within one pass.

Defence is dreaming.

And his stupid foul for the first does that not matter as our defence should have cleared the cross

Defenders thinking they are better than they actually are and not doing the basics.

The first goal was clown school stuff.

I am not a Kane fan but he did work hard and deserved his goal.

We have a real problem when we are asked to dictate play. Much more suited for playing away and letting a team come onto us.

Poor stuff. Looked a bit complacent. First half set up looked strange & we created very little.

I was looking forward to a lineup of Spoony ,Kane & May. Spoony & May were allover the place. I thought Tommy was back in charge as we passed the midfield by & Zander just kept punting the ball up the park. Is it because they think Kane is a target man.

Livi did what Livi  do,disrupt play,foul,fain injury ,dive & waste time.

Can't believe we had Muzz ,Craig & Conway on the bench & he played Bryson who wandered about like a Sunday afternoon & never looked interested.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Doesn't matter. Losing the ball on the halfway line, when your defence is in place, shouldn't lead to a simple tap in within one pass.

Defence is dreaming.

Where was Zander. He was still on his 6 yard line should have out quicker give the player a decision to make He should have been on his 6 yard line at the start of the move not at the end of it..

Ach Well the record had to end sometime!Livingston the 2020 Hamilton. 

We were average at best today.Unlike last week where it was difficult to rule players out of MOM today is difficult to rule any players IN

McCann Bryson and May particularly poor for me

As I've stated elsewhere I blame May for 2 goal 

Zander pulled off a great save to keep it 2.1 and Kane scored out unlucky with effort that shaved the bar

The only 2 players with pass marks for me in a fairly rotten performance 

Onwards and upwards. 

39 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

The second goal was definitely caused by May being robbed of the ball!

Losing the ball on the halfway line shouldn't be an issue.

Our two CMs being spread apart and both ahead of the ball, one CB running forward when we didn't have secure possession, one CB watching as a striker stands 5 yards to his left unmarked, and the 3rd CB allowing a striker to run off him unopposed into a huge area of space as again, he's more interested in getting forward, are far bigger issues.

If you're going to concede every time you lose possession halfway up the park then you're ****ed.

Huge game today. Win & we are top 6 lose & we are in the shit.

What do Saints do,come out with no intent. Didn't play with any width. Spoony & May all over the place. What happened to our overlapping wing backs. Didn't see them til last 10 mins.

Midfield posted missing.

Looks like it was a mistake ,Kerr for Rooney.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Folk criticising May for losing the ball 80 yards from goal when we've got 3 CBs allowing a single striker to have 15 yards of space in the box.

If Craig or Muzz had been playing the defence would have had cover.

We lose goals at set pieces but never score at set pieces & we have decent sized players in our team. Ball came off the back of the guys head & Kane's comes off the bar. Fine margined.

A performance more like earlier in the season. We were still the better team, but just can't make anything out of it. We played some ok stuff, but concede soft goals. We actually missed Conway, and I'm not sure Kane & May really works.

In a sense, it's the same old Saints - if we're up against a big team away from home, we can pull off an amazing performance, if we just need to do the simple stuff at home against a team we should be beating, then we can't manage it.

1 hour ago, akuram said:

Chris Kane taken off was a big mistake as was our best player up front. The two who came on didn’t help as they hardly had a kick.

Poor game.

I think Kane was knackered. Kane & May didn't work. Think Kane ,Spoony & Conway may be our best front 3.