Quarter Final date change

Kevin

From the official site:

CUP SWITCH FOR LIVE TV COVERAGE

6 FEBRUARY 2007

The Tennent's Scottish Cup quarter-final between Motherwell and Saints has been selected by BBC Scotland as their live tie of the round.

The game will be shown live on BBC1 and to accomodate this, the game will now take place on Wednesday 28th February with an 8.05pm kick-off.

This change will mean another date will need to be found for the already re-scheduled match against Partick Thistle at Firhill.

Good news

1) I can referee on the Saturday and not miss the match

2) I can miss ref's training on the Wednesday

3) Prices maybe reduced to bring in a bigger crowd

Bad news

None for me but for the players on the Saturday, see 1) above :wink::roll:

Assuming Sky have taken Celtic v Inverness Caley then it was the obvious tie to take for the Beeb. Hibs should comfortably win against a Queens side bottom of the league and the choice between a reasonable SPL side against one of the promotion challengers or a bottom of the table SPL side against a mid-table First Division side, it's a bit of a no-brainer I suppose.

[i bet you the Beeb are fuming they didn't take something like Dunfermline v Hearts or Inverness Caley v Dundee United in round 4 and leave the quarters alone!!!]

nooooooooo, it's wifey's birthday! that's me in the divorce courts in March then!

:oops:

Cant see the problem Mike. Tell her youre taking her out for a meal and a show...Motherwell game followed by a kebab on the way home. What more could a woman want! :wink:

nooooooooo, it's wifey's birthday! that's me in the divorce courts in March then!

:oops:

My first wedding anniversary I took the wife out for a romantic mystery meal with some cabaret thrown in ...on the train from Embra thru to Wegieland and a wee taxi to the restaurant.....also known as the pie stand at the back of the terracing at Parkhead. Scarf out of pocket and settled back to watch us draw 1-1 with TFOE (Billy Dodds scored).

To be honest she was reasonably understanding given that the day we got married I missed a 0-0 draw with Hibs to turn up at the ceremony (best man was a Hibee and had the radio earpiece in during the vows though) :lol:

utter crap what about the fans. Yes more money but crap support compaired to the saturday. We have moaned for ages on here about TV this is just utter crap.

1,000 fans travelled to Ibrox in the Quarter Final of the less prestigious cup. 3,200 travelled to Tynecastle for the Semi-Final of the less prestigious cup. The logic isn't there for me on this one. It's six and two threes really. I know people who will miss this one, but I know people who would've missed the Saturday one too but can now go to this.

1,000 fans travelled to Ibrox in the Quarter Final of the less prestigious cup. 3,200 travelled to Tynecastle for the Semi-Final of the less prestigious cup. The logic isn't there for me on this one. It's six and two threes really. I know people who will miss this one, but I know people who would've missed the Saturday one too but can now go to this.

Exactly am sure there are plent of Saints like me who work saturdays, and now can get to this game!!