Danny McNamara

Pat McGroin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Good player, but I'm very happy with Rooney- he may not yet be up to McNamara's level, but with game time & coaching, he'll be attracting plenty of interest soon. McNamara would set Rooney's development back. And another loan.

Liked Danny but kind of glad he was recalled as it released Rooney to his best position. He is a stronger defender , puts in a better cross & better in the air.

10 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Also has pace....

According to a few on here he was shite tonight & was run ragged by Kennedy. Kennedy did give him a hard time but I don't think he went past him too often. He also had no help going forward as there was no movement & as stated Conway kept turning back instead of one twos like Spoony on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

According to a few on here he was shite tonight & was run ragged by Kennedy. Kennedy did give him a hard time but I don't think he went past him too often. He also had no help going forward as there was no movement & as stated Conway kept turning back instead of one twos like Spoony on Saturday.

I thought Rooney wasn’t at the races tonight. Kennedy had him second guessing every time.

Doubling would have helped but you don’t want to leave the likes of Hedges, Hayes or Cosgrove with too much space.

Still think Rooney will have more good games than bad, and would imagine him to get the better of Kennedy more often than not when they meet, but for me, 1-0 Kennedy tonight.

24 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I thought Rooney wasn’t at the races tonight. Kennedy had him second guessing every time.

Doubling would have helped but you don’t want to leave the likes of Hedges, Hayes or Cosgrove with too much space.

Still think Rooney will have more good games than bad, and would imagine him to get the better of Kennedy more often than not when they meet, but for me, 1-0 Kennedy tonight.

Let's not forget that Kennedy was our best player & experienced. Rooney will take time- good for him to play Vs Kennedy as his close control is excellent and likes to turn defenders inside out. 

10 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Let's not forget that Kennedy was our best player & experienced. Rooney will take time- good for him to play Vs Kennedy as his close control is excellent and likes to turn defenders inside out. 

Agree with that. Rooney struggled against Kennedy last night, no doubt about it - but we all know Kennnedy's a very good player (I'd forgotten how good he is until seeing him again last night, actually). Would still say Rooney's been a big success since coming into the team. 

17 hours ago, Cagey said:

According to a few on here he was shite tonight & was run ragged by Kennedy. Kennedy did give him a hard time but I don't think he went past him too often. He also had no help going forward as there was no movement & as stated Conway kept turning back instead of one twos like Spoony on Saturday.

Conway and Rooney probably didn't link much last night because they were playing on different sides of the pitch, tbf.

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Agree with that. Rooney struggled against Kennedy last night

I thought he played him as well as anyone could. Last night we saw his defensive side and against Hibs we saw his attacking side. Kennedy was one of the reasons we did not get going down the right, he pinned Rooney back or Rooney was told not to venture forward. Hayes did much the same on the left. Our solution punt it up to their 3 big defenders at the back.

5 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I thought he played him as well as anyone could. Last night we saw his defensive side and against Hibs we saw his attacking side. Kennedy was one of the reasons we did not get going down the right, he pinned Rooney back or Rooney was told not to venture forward. Hayes did much the same on the left. Our solution punt it up to their 3 big defenders at the back.

Spot on. McInness sussed it out as I don't think that's the way he normally sets up his team. I might be wrong but we played well in the previous 2 games we played them & had a lot of the game. Last night Aberdeen were as white as us but they controlled the game.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Conway and Rooney probably didn't link much last night because they were playing on different sides of the pitch, tbf.

You are right but I was thinking after Spoony came on that was as far as my short term memory goes back.

• 2 weeks later...