Danny McNamara

Pat McGroin

2 minutes ago, Linky said:

James Brown coming in his place. Had a year long loan at Livingston where he played once, was then at Lincoln last year and played...once. Is he a direct replacement?

His direct replacement will be Rooney. No idea on Brown. Sad to see the lad go, but Rooney has looked good since he got a run of games

31 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Seemed to only spend a month at Livi & play 1 game. Maybe get feedback from Livi fans on P & B.

Brown doesn't seem to have played any football this season.

And he didn't play any first team games for Lincoln during his loan period.

Lincoln have had a pretty solid set of defenders for the past few seasons. I imagine he was only taken on loan as a backup in case of injuries/suspensions. Remember seeing him on the Imps website when he arrived on loan and that is the last time I saw or heard of him.

Edited by Indicator
To add

Danny definitely has potential, but is a long way from the finished article, so a little surprised Millwall are wanting him back...thought he would have benefited more from the full season up here.

Rooney's position now though, not entirely convinced by his defending out wide, but he is a willing runner and hopefully he plays well so we don't miss Danny that much.

You would imagine if the other lad comes in, its to make sure we don't get caught out with a lack of numbers in that position, so Millwall saying Danny's coming back, but we don't want to leave you out to dry.

2 hours ago, MrBored said:

Danny definitely has potential, but is a long way from the finished article, so a little surprised Millwall are wanting him back...thought he would have benefited more from the full season up here.

Rooney's position now though, not entirely convinced by his defending out wide, but he is a willing runner and hopefully he plays well so we don't miss Danny that much.

You would imagine if the other lad comes in, its to make sure we don't get caught out with a lack of numbers in that position, so Millwall saying Danny's coming back, but we don't want to leave you out to dry.

LAUGH OUT LOUD!

Good post... Not!

12 hours ago, MrBored said:

Spot on. Can only assume Millwall are short or rightbacks/wingbacks. I think Danny is developing into a decent player and wish him well. Hope he gets a shot in their first team as if he keeps on developing like he has here, then they will have a really good asset. He'll not be out of place at a Championship level.

If this had been a couple of months ago I'd have been worried, but Rooney has been getting better with each game. I think he can also continue to develop given the chance. I'd argue he's more a traditional right back than a wing back or even a right sided central defender in the making. 

Brown, I would imagine is backup to Rooney, but then that was what Danny was supposed to be and he took his opportunities, so there is scope there.

Danny is one of those examples of a loan deal that works for everyone. For every one like that, there is 3/4 that are totally pointless. 

17 hours ago, MrBored said:

He's more than good enough to get a game for Millwall at their level. Just needs to make sure he takes his chance when it comes.

Well if we're going to have James Brown on the bench and he gets his turn we know what Callum is going to say to him "Get Up Offa That Thing". Sorry, couldnt resist.

Really sad to see Danny go, he's been one of our best and most consistent players this season. I'm sure he is destined for big things, will keep an eye on his football career. He never played in front of the fans either, what a strange experience for him, lets hope he has some fond memories of his time with Saints. Id be surprised if we dont see him back in Scotland one day. I think he has impressed a lot.

Okay, serious question here, please excuse me if I've missed something. On Tuesday 22nd it was announced that Danny was being recalled by Millwall. I usually understand that to mean get your bags packed and your arse down here immediately. He played for us on Wednesday 23rd and again on Saturday 26th. Did they mean they want him back in January? Is it to do with the games being cancelled at the Den due to Covid outbreak?

9 hours ago, cristo said:

Okay, serious question here, please excuse me if I've missed something. On Tuesday 22nd it was announced that Danny was being recalled by Millwall. I usually understand that to mean get your bags packed and your arse down here immediately. He played for us on Wednesday 23rd and again on Saturday 26th. Did they mean they want him back in January? Is it to do with the games being cancelled at the Den due to Covid outbreak?

Assuming it will be in the window that he returns for registration purposes

16 hours ago, cristo said:

All I can say is - hope he can play against Hamilton and Ross County!

Like others I would have liked him to have seen out a full season here, but good to see Millwall offering him a bit more security in these trying times... 

Millwall have offered Danny McNamara a new contract.

We broke the news that the right-back was heading back to SE16 after spending the first half of the campaign on loan with St Johnstone.

And the South London Press understands that the Sidcup-born defender, 22, has been tabled an extended deal.

We also reported first that James Brown – another young full-back on the Lions’ books – was set to replace McNamara at the Scottish club.

St Johnstone are managed by former Millwall assistant manager Callum Davidson.

“Danny came in and played very well,” said Davidson. “So it shows that young players can come here to develop.

“Danny has had a good season so Millwall want to take him back and give him an opportunity to play there.

“The reason he came up here was to progress his career and he has performed at a high level.

“It’s always a danger with loans because they have clauses that mean you can go back if it’s not working out or your club wants you back for doing well.”

McNamara’s current deal is thought to run until May 2021.

1 hour ago, chips said:

Like others I would have liked him to have seen out a full season here, but good to see Millwall offering him a bit more security in these trying times... 

Millwall have offered Danny McNamara a new contract.

We broke the news that the right-back was heading back to SE16 after spending the first half of the campaign on loan with St Johnstone.

And the South London Press understands that the Sidcup-born defender, 22, has been tabled an extended deal.

We also reported first that James Brown – another young full-back on the Lions’ books – was set to replace McNamara at the Scottish club.

St Johnstone are managed by former Millwall assistant manager Callum Davidson.

“Danny came in and played very well,” said Davidson. “So it shows that young players can come here to develop.

“Danny has had a good season so Millwall want to take him back and give him an opportunity to play there.

“The reason he came up here was to progress his career and he has performed at a high level.

“It’s always a danger with loans because they have clauses that mean you can go back if it’s not working out or your club wants you back for doing well.”

McNamara’s current deal is thought to run until May 2021.

Glad fir the wee man sad news fir us

2 hours ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Could we not make use of the ban on travel to say sorry he can’t go back to you?

Good thinking:) We can always hope he gets turned away at the airport for not having a reasonable excuse for travelling. Seriously though best of luck to him.