Saints v Rangers.

Cagey

1 hour ago, 17May said:

Anyone starting to get worried about this season ? We’re powderpuff at the moment

Yeah, looks like 5 bottom teams all lost so there is hope.

Will have to do something in the January window but Callums track record is not good. I wouldn't have Bryson , Conway or Melamed in my team.

Started picking up reds which is a sign of s team struggling.

Stroll in the park for Rangers & good training session & chance to give players a run out.

Never layed a hand on them first half. Second half better when May & McCann came on as Ali can win tackles & set up moves & is not afraid of the ball. Maybe if we had set up like that in first half we may have got them worried

3 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Scared sh**less. Yes, they are good but helluva selection at home!

My big team would have given them a better game, certainly first half, any day of the week.

Scottish managers seem to bottle it against that lot, hyped up by the media and they all fall for it. St Mirren went for their jugular and it paid off. They don't like it.

Edited by Indicator

There’s far too many changes, a manager should know what his best player is for each position. I doubt if any fan could guess what the team selection is for any game of the season. People will argue that it is the modern way of squad rotation. That is fine if you have twenty odd great players. We often seem to do better when we are down to the bare minimum with injuries and suspensions.

You should try and play your best players, the ones that the opposing team know are good and are frightened of, not leave them on the bench. On Saturday we coped with Connolly very well he goes off we take  Wetherspoon off and McAllister runs riot on our left side.

Has anyone else noticed we seem to do better when Murray Davidson is out injured, not that I think he is a bad player and am always disappointed when he gets injured. But allot of our good runs of results seem to coincide with him being injured. 

As for tonight there were spells in the match when we played not too bad. Callum is maybe playing all the right players but not necessarily in the right places.

Anyway to all Saints fans have a Merry Christmas and remember we have had worse teams and worse times.

8 hours ago, Indicator said:

My big team would have given them a better game, certainly first half, any day of the week.

Scottish managers seem to bottle it against that lot, hyped up by the media and they all fall for it. St Mirren went for their jugular and it paid off. They don't like it.

Spot on! Turn up to these games hoping for a 0-0 is not the way. Go at them and scare them....but don’t let them waltz through the middle like last night.

I can handle a 3-0 defeat from Sevco if they're at their best and we just can't stop them, but what's worrying is that they actually offered very little last night and it was us who shot ourselves in the foot by playing so badly.

For me these are the sort of games that Liam Craig should be starting, because he offers us a bit of nous in the middle of the park and he helps the other players around him. With both him and McCann left on the bench, and May too, we looked very unsure of ourselves throughout the spine of the team and I'm not sure Sevco will get an easier 3-0 win than the one we just gifted them.

Just a few weeks ago against Celtic we had what I thought was arguably our best performance of the season. It felt like we'd given ourselves a huge platform to kick on from after that, but instead things just seem to have completely fallen apart. The fact that we were fifth at one point on Saturday shows just how tight the table is and how quickly things can change, but at the same time we need to give ourselves a shake or we're going to get dragged into a relegation battle that I'm not sure we have the heart to deal with.

9 hours ago, HALLS ANGEL said:

There’s far too many changes, a manager should know what his best player is for each position. I doubt if any fan could guess what the team selection is for any game of the season. People will argue that it is the modern way of squad rotation. That is fine if you have twenty odd great players. We often seem to do better when we are down to the bare minimum with injuries and suspensions.

You should try and play your best players, the ones that the opposing team know are good and are frightened of, not leave them on the bench. On Saturday we coped with Connolly very well he goes off we take  Wetherspoon off and McAllister runs riot on our left side.

Has anyone else noticed we seem to do better when Murray Davidson is out injured, not that I think he is a bad player and am always disappointed when he gets injured. But allot of our good runs of results seem to coincide with him being injured. 

As for tonight there were spells in the match when we played not too bad. Callum is maybe playing all the right players but not necessarily in the right places.

Anyway to all Saints fans have a Merry Christmas and remember we have had worse teams and worse times.

To be fair to CD I think he is worried about the volume of games over the next few weeks & is rotating his small squad to try to get through it. Kerr & MoH have not helped.

Agree about Muzz, Don't think he did much in the StMirren game & in first half last night all he did was commit a few fouls & was lucky not to be booked. With Muzz out of form & Conway & Bryson in midfield alongside him it is no wonder we did nothing in the first half.

Second half performance gave us hope but I can't see us go through the rest of the season with this squad & stay in premiership.

When I saw the side last night, I thought we were looking towards the more winable games and letting this one go.

Rangers didn't look particuarly great, but then they didn't need to be. Two up and they went through the motions with the game pretty much done. Certainly was at three.

I get the impression that we no longer go at these games and just try to avoid a doing.

Really important run of games to the back of January now. Asides from Aberdeen, all teams around and about us. Got to get points on board in these, particularly if Hughes starts to get County picking up points.

If we were looking to more winnable games we should have concentrated on Livi ,St Mirren games which were winnable but we didn't.

From now on hopefully we can play our strongest team in every game & take our chances with injuries & fatigue. They are full time professional footballers after all.

By the way if he is rotating his squad,why is Craig not in the team more often.

Liam is a leader & organiser & the best holding midfielder we have.