Aberdeen v St Johnstone. Saturday 26 .12.20

sixties saintee

Don't really get involved in pre-match as being a old timer I've just got used to having absolutely no idea which Saints will turn up and never ever go in with high expectations. I chose Saints so they really don't owe me much. That's what always gets me when I see the negativity on this and other forums. I'm praying we get a result today. We are good enough on our day and I'll be ecstatic if we win and seek if we lose. No be on slating folk and getting personal at our players if we lose either. Much worse things happen in life.

A few of the old boys will remember when we played the Dons this time of year in 1971 we lost 1-0 in front of 22,500. It was mental and although I was only 8 still remember it. Following year we lost 4-2 at Pittodrie and 26,500 there, remember listening to it on the radio in my shed in Hillyland :)

A point today would be a great start ahead of the next 2 "big" games.

Come On Saints. Let's get inaboot them,

I fancy a we sneaky win here today, like to think were due it. No ohalloran and presume Kerr still out. Give parish a shot in goal (waiting on the slagging) as might give Zander the kick up the bum he needs. Also give melamed more than ten mins to see if he is actually any good. Merry Xmas, coys. Think it's on saints Facebook banter page for a we donation so may aswell watch it on a silly we tablet.:)

59 minutes ago, McCarry One Nil said:

Don't really get involved in pre-match as being a old timer I've just got used to having absolutely no idea which Saints will turn up and never ever go in with high expectations. I chose Saints so they really don't owe me much. That's what always gets me when I see the negativity on this and other forums. I'm praying we get a result today. We are good enough on our day and I'll be ecstatic if we win and seek if we lose. No be on slating folk and getting personal at our players if we lose either. Much worse things happen in life.

A few of the old boys will remember when we played the Dons this time of year in 1971 we lost 1-0 in front of 22,500. It was mental and although I was only 8 still remember it. Following year we lost 4-2 at Pittodrie and 26,500 there, remember listening to it on the radio in my shed in Hillyland :)

Wasn’t at the 1-0,but at the 4-2,Freddie Aitken got both iirc ,I’m the same John,no point in personal abuse,go in hope not expectation to every game 

The league have seen sense and suspended the points given to Motherwell and Hamilton which  makes our position look a bit better. May give us a boost and the games when played not be all 3-0 wins. Motherwell took a right dive down league.

Hope for a result today which would help moral all round.

2 hours ago, McCarry One Nil said:

2nd January 1971 - the day of the Ibrox disaster.  We discuss the game on Tuesday TeamTalk this week.

2 hours ago, dave mc said:

Wasn’t at the 1-0,but at the 4-2,Freddie Aitken got both iirc ,I’m the same John,no point in personal abuse,go in hope not expectation to every game 

Just realised you meant at Perth,I was at it,real fighting at half time,Jim Forrest scores in town end 

3 hours ago, McCarry One Nil said:

Was at the 1-0 game sitting in the North end of the stand with my old man. Crowd was boosted by the cancellation of the Dundee derby.  Heard about Ibrox disaster on car radio on way home, found out the next day that 4 boys from my school had died.