Aberdeen v St Johnstone. Saturday 26 .12.20

sixties saintee

A better performance maybe but that still only elevates us back to the level of looking a bit better on the ball in the middle of the park.

Still practically zero attacking threat where it matters and still guaranteed at least one goal lost via a complete defensive **** up.........it's not a good mix 

McCann won the ball and was absolutely raging at the decision going against him. Must be something when he explodes at ref and gets booked for it. Even Aberdeen commentators were confused by a lot of the refereeing decisions. Ref stopped the game at times when he should have just given advantage. Stopped the game at every opportunity. I missed the penalty decision but will watch the highlights.

2 hours ago, Wendy Saints said:

Crap refs and Saints go hand in hand so we shouldn’t be surprised.. we do need to man up tho... back chat no point so just zip it! Can’t legislate for diving cheating so and so’s in the box but we do need to make sure we aren’t giving refs decisions to make because 100 per cent we ain’t going to come out on top! The league’s a joke and the fact we are half way through the season and  they are still ars**** around with points to be awarded/deducted because of Covid highlights the shambles that is Scottish football. I truly wish that rather than rejoice that natural order has been resumed because Celtic and Rangers are  slugging it out at the top they got their act together and got refs who are actually fit for purpose! In the meantime COYS...

It's ok the ref's assessor will sort it.

Edited by Indicator

Eveñ Del says it wasn't a pen but he thought it was hand ball minutes earlier & I think that claim was in the refs mind.

Hendry second booking harsh.

I think Tanser will be out for a few weeks. Have to see out the next 2 or 3 weeks & hopefully CD has a few signings lined up.

12 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Eveñ Del says it wasn't a pen but he thought it was hand ball minutes earlier & I think that claim was in the refs mind.

I think Tanser will be out for a few weeks. Have to see out the next 2 or 3 weeks & hopefully CD has a few signings lined up.

Neither incidents were penalties will double check when I watch sportscene

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

I think the handball claim was seconds earlier and not minutes was a case of a player's reaction to stopping getting a  ball in the puss. Certainly not a penalty any day of the week n second claim less so. Hope tanser ok but looked a sore one as he tried to keep his feet as he landed. Thought we were good first half n spells of second half,but got to stop the spendings off pointless n costly as I think we missed Mikey's pace today. Feel that six points is a must and possibility from next two matches.

Wasnt a penalty for the handball. Arms were not in unnatural position as they were by the body as ball hit at close range. We've seen them given wrongly for that before. Nothing for the penalty. Cosgrove just dropped to the ground to get a penalty. Also thought Hendry's sending off was also wrong. Dont think either were bookings.

I know Derek McInnes is an ex player and manager of Saints but I find him quite objectionable. His comments on Sportscene how the penalty was justified because it was handball before, when it was obvious it was never a hand ball. Could he not have just said we were lucky to get the decision..In the cup semi final he moaned on about Saints equaliser as he wanted a foul for a high boot.

In the new Saints book Derek McInnes is rated above Paul Sturrock and Alex Totten , how I don’t know.

As for Alan Muir the referee smirking away after he had given the penalty, no wonder players loose the rag  Saints had a good claim for a penalty when Ash Taylor bundled Liam Gordon over at a corner but as others have said  our players aren’t vocal enough. I have been going to see Saints for over sixty years and the one thing that would put me off is is the standard of refereeing .

To sum it up I really grudge the money paid to other clubs when I feel we are blatantly cheated. So I suppose the answer is don’t give them the cash to make them stronger and pay for referees who are weak human beings.