Saints v Accies

john.w

3 minutes ago, dunblanemike said:

According to the beeb we had more shots than celtic in their game! 
really enjoyed Danny’s co-commentary, very fair and complementary to Hamilton’s defending. Disagreed with his MoM though, Liam Craig for me.

again, the ref made baffling decisions, for both sides. 

I was actually impressed that the ref gave advantage and let play carry on at times late on whereas the Aberdeen game was stopped every few mins.

What the absolute feckin garbage was that.

No doubt Davidson will take all the positives with the most percentage of possession, most fouls, most shots, most shots wayward of the target etc.

We missed 3, if not 4, glorious chances. Kane guilty of 2 one in the first half with a great turn and a shot an 86 year old granny would've been proud of then a "strikers" bread and butter. A glorious free header 6 yards out to bury it and manages to crap it and header it miles wide.

MoH guilty of essentially an open goal miss. How can you not hit it at the keeper or across, he's no saving it.

This was a relegation 6 pointer. A win would've given us confidence in moving to the next away game up Dingwall but now I fear we will be torn apart by a dogged County under the The Butcher.

We created a lot and troubled the keeper never. 

Can someone tell May to stay in the goal channel! Not going to score on the left wing.

That was a truly dreadful game and highlighted only by chasing the game on the 86th minute with a double sub, no like we needed to do that at 60 mins and attack. 

Those wanting the away days again out of the top flight might get it if we continue with great performances that produce pitiful attempts at goal. 4 wins in 21 in the league to be fair is in the area of sacking form. Not won in the league for near 2 months now. Simply not good enough.

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

I was actually impressed that the ref gave advantage and let play carry on at times late on whereas the Aberdeen game was stopped every few mins.

Ref kept giving free kicks to Hamilton every time they went to ground. Took him til late in the game to suss them out.

Tackle on McCann could have been a red & hope he is ok for Saturday.

MOH should have been on earlier. At a time when there players were probably knackered we should have been adding that pace. For the few mins he was on, he looked the most dangerous. Something about Melamed's game obviously ruling him out of getting a game, bit of a mystery that. 20+ shots. The chances have been there. Its the lack of clinical finishing that is costing us every single game.

1 minute ago, St Mikey said:

Can someone tell May to stay in the goal channel! Not going to score on the left wing.

For all we've heard from both Tommy and CD about May needing to get back to being an out and out striker, to me he still looks like he's playing miles away from goal and at this stage I really have to wonder whether that's just the way he naturally wants to play now, or if it's the instruction he's being given. I actually think he's had a strong season and contributed a lot, but we really need him to be in front of that goal.

As bad as MOH's miss was, I think he showed the impact he can make when he runs at people, and given more time I suspect he would have created more chances for us. Our frontline had been crying out for someone who plays in the way he does. For me, leaving it so late to bring him on was a very poor decision. Realistically, Conway was never going to come on and transform the game, was he?

Melamed appears to be this season's Gormley/Krachunov/Vihmann at the moment. I can't help but feel a bit sorry for the guy - having read a bit about his background, watched his highlights videos and seen his cameo performances for us, I'm really struggling to believe that he can really be all that bad a player. He's uprooted his life to come here during an absolute shitshow of a year - surely he at least deserves a proper chance? 

52 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

With this formation we play good football and put crosses into the box for our big strikers but we do not have any. The formation is crying out for a big striker. 

Always thought we miss a big striker in the middle. Why is that lad Murray with Queens Park as he had his moments and is strong.

33 minutes ago, akuram said:

Always thought we miss a big striker in the middle. Why is that lad Murray with Queens Park as he had his moments and is strong.

Never fancied him & missed more chances on his own against Dundonald than our whole team did today.

Plus we can't compete with Queens Park on wages.

Yet again possession stats look good but cannot do what the game is all about.....scoring goals.

We replace a forward with a winger despite our two wing backs putting good ball into the box but no strikers there to get on the end of them....strange.

CD said when he got the job he wanted a couple of systems that we were good at......well this one is not producing the results needed so give us a break and change it..or is there a stubborn streak that means it will never change irrespective of results or league position.

Melamed is a CD signing so surely he would fit into the system being played but never makes an appearance long enough to make a contribution.......give him game time and lets see if he can make a difference.

MOH exile did not last long and he still managed to fluff it when through on the keeper.  Even an auld defender knew the ball should have been a shot to the far post.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Apart from not being able to put the ball in the net I don't think anyone had a bad game.

McCann had his usual reliable game. Danny was the same. Rooney & Booth are improving with every game.

Are you pissed ? They were simply not good enough .Yet again we are left frustrated at the finishing of our  so called forwards with there hellish attempts at goal ,Stevie May can’t even kick the thing nowadays never mind trying embarrassingly to head the ball 2 yards out and missing the ball altogether . Davidson needs to drop both strikers for Dingwall and play Melamed from the start with Hendry ,Why not ? Can’t be worse than the frustrating pants we’ve been served up for so long. 

1 hour ago, rickardo said:

Are you pissed ? They were simply not good enough .Yet again we are left frustrated at the finishing of our  so called forwards with there hellish attempts at goal ,Stevie May can’t even kick the thing nowadays never mind trying embarrassingly to head the ball 2 yards out and missing the ball altogether . Davidson needs to drop both strikers for Dingwall and play Melamed from the start with Hendry ,Why not ? Can’t be worse than the frustrating pants we’ve been served up for so long. 

Wish I was pished. Ok not everyone was decent. May was poor. Apart from not wanting his hair disturbed at that perfect cross in the first half. He also kicked the ball against defenders legs on 3 or 4 occasions rather than turn back & look for a runner from midfield. He also kept being shown to his left leg & still tried to get a shot away.

29 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Am I missing something here? May has scored 10 goals this season. So far.

23 minutes ago, Cagey said:

How many penalties or Brechin etc.

How many goals from open play has he scored in Premiership.

5 league goals, 5 in the Betfred Cup.

Of the 5 league goals, 2 of them penalties.

He's not scored an open play goal since his double v Hamilton on October 17th.