Ross County v Saints.

sixties saintee

Having 5 at the back is starting to feel like playing with a man down. We started the game with two right backs and two right wingers - this is starting to get a bit ridiculous. Once again, in the first half we could barely string two passes together. Just hitting long balls to Kane.

Wotherspoon made a difference in that we actually started to pass. Some of the best play we had towards the end of last season is on that left side between Booth and Wotherspoon.

We never look likely to score from open play though. The Bryson sub and that final free-kick just summed it all up for me. We look utterly clueless.

That today showed with this formation (5 2 3) the wide right player is redundant, McNamara and Rooney hog the space MOH contributed nothing because he was crowded out Conway went right and was also anonymous. Wotherspoon created more on the left than Conway.  

We needed a second striker. 2 points from hamilton and Ross County not good enough.

Very concerned with what I'm seeing at the moment. We're persisting with a system that has never looked convincing. We're toothless and lacking numbers up front, and overloaded on the wings. Our only tactic is to fire hopeful crosses towards the opposition defence. Davidson's team selections are increasingly looking like they're coming out of a tombola, and his substitutions are baffling. Our top scorer and new striker sit on the bench while Chris Kane huffs and puffs on his own up front. And with four minutes left to go when we're desperate for a goal, he sends on Craig Bryson. Were it not for some real heroics from Clark in the second half we'd be dissecting a disaster right now and County would now be above us in the table.

The one thing I felt we had going for us at the start of the season was that we looked fit and energetic and we were moving the ball around very well, but even those positives seem to have fallen by the wayside and of late we've looked tired and pedestrian.

Still, at least that free-kick at the end gave me a proper laugh.

Bottom 8 play each other next week so there will be movement. We are 2 points clear of bottom 2 so have to get a win next week. It is unbelievable that we only got 2 points from 4 winnable games.

We have a week to sort things out do hope they are in every day working on their defending but more importantly going forward.

What's the point of firing loads of crosses in every week if there is nobody there or capable of taking them?.

Callum has a lot of work to do.

I think Motherwell could be in free-fall now. Both manager and interim have pointed to problems in the squad, some players loving the club, others not being bothered. It sounds like a rift in the squad. Unless they can shift those players out quickly, they're going to be in trouble.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Only 3 subs used . 2 of which were 10 & 5 mins from the end.WTF does Callum think they are going to contribute when they have hardly any time to warm up.

I’ve been saying for ages, Callum is Billy Stark mk2 with the subs. 

seems like he doesn’t make subs based on how the game is going, he does it on the clock. 

I’m very quickly starting to think he’s out of ideas tbh